Cardinals at Titans postgame thread

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
One thing that really impressed me was the (almost successful) goal line defense yesterday. It probably doesn't get a lot harder than against the Titans in those situations and I thought we defended that perfectly. Even though Tannehill was able to walk it in in the end I thought we covered that play perfectly as well. At least I can't think of any comparable situation last year, where we seemed so strong in that area (against a comparable opponent).

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a fantastic game! Because NFL Game Pass absolutely screwed the pooch today (unless they grovel in their apologies, I won't be paying for this garbage service), I inevitably had the game ruined for me--but at least I knew it was a blowout win. You wouldn't have known that on the opening drive. Dear God, Kliff, WTF is wrong with you and your teams? You have your "leaders" now, so we know who the real leadership culprit is, don't we? Coaching and discipline remains a real concern and might very well kill this season.

But I don't want to dwell on the negatives. It's only one game and wasn't a passing team, but our CBs didn't suck today! Our front 7 balled out! I think even Dogbe had a sack, and Chandler...well, just back up the dump truck of money to his house already lol Kirk really brought it today, as did Moore--showed us why some of the kool aiders were gushing in pre-season. Green, not so much, but oh well. And KM...shazam! In a way, I'm not even upset with the INT. If this kind of stat line and game performance comes with an INT a week, I'm okay with it. Kid's a gun slinger, and he was gun slinging there. He made sure it was an isolated incident, too, and more than made up for it.

That didn't take long.

Hicks...meh. Seemed like every time I saw a medium to long completion, I saw Hicks failing to arrive while being in the general area. I knew he wouldn't be good in coverage. Glad the rest of the defense, and especially the offense, meant it didn't matter much.

You just can't help yourself, can you? This is just plain dumb and a clear distortion of fact. Everyone here cares about the team above everything. Stay classy, calling out fandoms, bro.

Right?

I'm both glad and sad you also had this problem. I was FROTHING for this very reason, and sent a bunch of hugely scathing messages to the site. I'm glad I only joined on a trial, because knowing this can happen and knowing there is zero tech support for it makes Game Pass a worthless service.

This statement is frankly nonsense. It's clearly a matter of calling it like we see it and insulating ourselves somewhat from the crushing heartache this team gives us 9 times out of 10.

There were plenty of reasons to doubt this RB room--and it's still only one game--but I'll give CE his due. The kid had a solid game today. We didn't have huge short-yardage moments were it was crucial for him to get the 1st, but that wasn't his fault. Catching and running, he did well. I hope he can keep it up, and I hope he stays healthy.
Best post of the day!

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Can someone maybe explain to me how exactly the substitution rule is? I just noticed that KK was very upset with the Refs, having to call 2 TO because the Titans substituted late. Is that just on KK or was it also partially the Refs fault for letting them substitute that late?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone maybe explain to me how exactly the substitution rule is? I just noticed that KK was very upset with the Refs, having to call 2 TO because the Titans substituted late. Is that just on KK or was it also partially the Refs fault for letting them substitute that late?

The way it was explained on the game was if the Cards sub on offense the refs have to allow the defense "some" time to also sub. How long that is apparently is subjective. The ref literally stands over the ball so you can't snap it. Kliff was saying the Titans were taking too long to sub and that was why we kept running out of time.

You could see Kyler was furious about it too. Not clear what the actual rule is how long you have to allow etc.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
The way it was explained on the game was if the Cards sub on offense the refs have to allow the defense "some" time to also sub. How long that is apparently is subjective. The ref literally stands over the ball so you can't snap it. Kliff was saying the Titans were taking too long to sub and that was why we kept running out of time.

You could see Kyler was furious about it too. Not clear what the actual rule is how long you have to allow etc.
I just remember one play where one Titans defender was so slow walking on the field with maybe 5-10 seconds left on the game clock that I thought that can't be the way the rule is supposed to be executed... but well, I guess it's something the team also has to work on, despite of the Refs decisions.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Elite from Moore on this play to be aware enough to adjust his route for Kyler.

But as great as this play was I'm looking at how open Kirk was. Possible TD there.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I don't think he would be able to see Kirk much less get it to him. He barely got it to Moore.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
@Chopper0080
He gets vertical so quickly that blocks don't have to be held long and help doesn't have time to arrive. Just a different level in the open field than other WRs and RBs we have. I definitely think this is what they thought they were getting with Isabella.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

My understanding is that the problem was the Cardinals own offensive substitutions were coming on late, which meant that once the defensive change was made the clock was running out.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh cards just cant catch a break always been in a hard division since cowgirls division yrs lol

I really think this team has the potential to do something special

Cards finally have a def to match offense!! That usually bplds well

We will see in like 15 weeks lol

Riseeeeee up red sea

And sink the vikings ship next weekend!! Put moore or hop against Peterson he is slow now cook is a real threal dline will be heavily tesyed again....

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh cards just cant catch a break always been in a hard division since cowgirls division yrs lol

Riseeeeee up red sea

And sink the vikings ship next weekend!! Put moore or hop against Peterson he is slow now cook is a real threal dline will be heavily tesyed again....

It's good to see a good D at last (for now). For me defense should always be first. Without a good D you're putting undue pressure on a young QB.

Chiefs were lucky yesterday. Despite their top class offense they should have lost that game with some poor D. Brown's gave it away in Q4 with some bad mistakes.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Riseeeeee up red sea

Iron sharpens iron.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's good to see a good D at last (for now). For me defense should always be first. Without a good D you're putting undue pressure on a young QB.

Chiefs were lucky yesterday. Despite their top class offense they should have lost that game with some poor D. Brown's gave it away in Q4 with some bad mistakes.
Yup just remembered how ravens won sb with hof def and with very meh qb

Just wish kyler had bit more size but he is like a tyreek hill who can throw for us lol

I just cardinals competing for wildcard spot near dec.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know what the exact rule is but I do know that Vrabel does and it was part of his game plan. He comes from the Belicheck tree and we all know they look into every aspect of the rules to see how they can manipulate and "cheat" the rules.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I
I don't know what the exact rule is but I do know that Vrabel does and it was part of his game plan. He comes from the Belicheck tree and we all know they look into every aspect of the rules to see how they can manipulate and "cheat" the rules.
The refs in general didn't give the Cardinals any breaks yesterday.

One good thing that Mike Florio talked about on PFT was the Cardinals offensive linemen did NOT go downfield while Kyler was scrambling forever and finally found Moore near the left sideline for a key first down. Whether it is coaching or smart players that is a positive sign.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm trying to cut him to pick up our defense in fantasy but I'm very hesitant to cut him because I figure someone else will grab him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm trying to cut him to pick up our defense in fantasy but I'm very hesitant to cut him because I figure someone else will grab him.

I'm not convinced he's ever going to see enough ball this year to start in fantasy

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not convinced he's ever going to see enough ball this year to start in fantasy

Yeah the reason I decided to cut him for our defense is that I would want him as an emergency start, which usually is connected to injuries or bye weeks. His bye is of course the same as D Hops so holding him for that reason makes less sense. I do think we have packages for him that will get him shots at TD's. If you saw the TD that Waddle had yesterday that's a play we can run for Rondale too, very short TD guys with that kind of quickness and acceleration are next to impossible to stop in the redzone if you don't get a jam on them.

Our defense had 28.5 points in my league yesterday! Won't do that every week of course but I'm impressed

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose