Did Giannis's Block on Ayton Flip This Series?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH man. I haven't been on this site in two weeks. I am still recovering. Game 4 flipped this series. The failure to hold on in that game made all the difference. If the block flipped that game, then yes, to the thread questions.

we were already losing on that block. Even if we tied it up, I still have no confidence they pull that game out because they couldn’t get stops to save their lives at the end of that game.

we folded under the pressure, like young teams are likely to do in their first shot at the title. The crazy thing about our run in the playoffs this year is that outside of the Valley-Oop and that awful no one could hit a shot Game 4 against the Clippers, all of our other wins came going away so we weren’t exactly prepped for high pressure close games down to the wire like we had in the Finals. Hopefully, this season was the learning experience they needed to come back next year and finish close games.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Order of importance to losing game 4, and thus, the series:

1. The horrific TO Chris Paul had in the last 30 seconds.
2. The other horrific TO Chris Paul had in the last 4 minutes.
3. The 0 points Chris Paul got in the last 8:38 to 0:02. (Only took 1 shot, remember when he was clutch in the 4th 3 games ago? Wonder what changed?).
4. The awful inbounds play from Jae to DA leading to GA stealing and getting a dunk.
5. GA's amazing block
* It also doesn't help that the Bucks got 10 more FTs than the Suns AND Booker mysteriously gets into foul trouble on a night where he was unstoppable.

We almost won that game in spite of Chris Paul playing injured. But when you rely on a guy ALL YEAR to close games and he can't anymore, you lose.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If anything that lob was off from booker to ayton.

Seems like ayton never recovered from the game 3 fouls as well. Game 4, 5 and 6 he just looked befuddled on some of the calls, and i agree those calls were soft.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If anything that lob was off from booker to ayton.

Seems like ayton never recovered from the game 3 fouls as well. Game 4, 5 and 6 he just looked befuddled on some of the calls, and i agree those calls were soft.

game 4 he had 17 rebounds and in game 5 he had 20/10 all while guarding Giannis on defense. Ayton wasn’t the problem in those losses if we get anything at all from Paul we win those games

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
game 4 he had 17 rebounds and in game 5 he had 20/10 all while guarding Giannis on defense. Ayton wasn’t the problem in those losses if we get anything at all from Paul we win those games

Nah. He had SIX points in Game 4. He played on one side of the court. He’s a guy you’re advocating deserves the MAX. Well, if you’re a MAX player, you need not to be a complete nonfactor on 50% of the game. If we get ANYTHING at all from him offensively, we win. His lack of offense wasn’t the main reason we lost (CP3 sucking was) but it was a reason. He’s not blameless because he got a lot of rebounds.

also, his atrocious play in Game 6 on every end of the court was a major factor losing that game. Same with Booker. That game was there for the taking and the only player who showed up was CP3. That was a close game the entire time. Just ONE of Ayton or Booker playing even AVERAGE would have gotten us over the hump. Instead both played like total crap in a game where we needed them most.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah. He had SIX points in Game 4. He played on one side of the court. He’s a guy you’re advocating deserves the MAX. Well, if you’re a MAX player, you need not to be a complete nonfactor on 50% of the game. If we get ANYTHING at all from him offensively, we win. His lack of offense wasn’t the main reason we lost (CP3 sucking was) but it was a reason. He’s not blameless because he got a lot of rebounds.

also, his atrocious play in Game 6 on every end of the court was a major factor losing that game. Same with Booker. That game was there for the taking and the only player who showed up was CP3. That was a close game the entire time. Just ONE of Ayton or Booker playing even AVERAGE would have gotten us over the hump. Instead both played like total crap in a game where we needed them most.

oh and pick up Giannis at the top of the key of defense with absolutely zero help in the paint considering we didn’t even have a quality back up C that got any minutes and our PF are two 6’7 guys(crowder and Craig)

oh and he’s 23 as of two days ago

your damn right he ain’t the main reason we lost and neither is Booker that 36 year old YOU want to give 3 years 100 million is, but that’s different right. 5 assist and 3 turnovers for the guy that handles your offense is not good stop it. We don’t even get to a game 6 if Paul doesn’t melt down but Chris Paul gonna Chris Paul. By the way you heard anything about these injuries he had? I haven’t that’s odd.

since money was brought up. Name me one guy who got his rookie max that was a finished product? Just one. Your paying for the future and what that player might be what you think he can be.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm not talking stats, i'm talking about the fouls getting to him. All series long a bunch of wtf fouls on Ayton. I think that was always in the back of his mind with games 4-6. Just my opinion...I think it wore down on him and it didnt let him play up to his ability. I never said he was the problem, or a problem.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose