Suns @ Bucks Wednesday Finals game thread 7-14-2021 - Game 4

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilbon captured all this well… Saying how the NBA has never been a league that “allows” worst to first stories, unlike the NFL for example.
Winning it all in the NBA requires going thru pain. He mentioned how the Bulls lost to the Pistons three straight years before finally breaking thru. Lebron losing and losing before breaking through…
Tonight is the height of the pain this team has ever experienced. They are now heading home and have a few days to lick their wounds and regroup.
They’re so young… it remains to be seen if they can rally and pull this thing out. History is against them…. But this team has surprised us all season long. Just two more damn W’s… TWO! It’s possible! Even in the face of history saying nope!

this really is the point where the rubber meets the road as far as leapfrogging the experience factor is concerned. we’ve seemed to overcome all playoffs.

and it comes when the stakes couldn’t be higher... against a team that has had their fair share of heartbreakers. And is healthy. Make no mistake, whoever wins this sucker will have EARNED it despite whatever BS **** some will try and taint the title with.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
this really is the point where the rubber meets the road as far as leapfrogging the experience factor is concerned. we’ve seemed to overcome all playoffs.

and it comes when the stakes couldn’t be higher... against a team that has had their fair share of heartbreakers. And is healthy. Make no mistake, whoever wins this sucker will have EARNED it despite whatever BS **** some will try and taint the title with.
Uh… I agree? :oops:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would these next two days of rest help, when these past few days of rest didn’t?
If you guys are right - which I seriously don’t believe you are - and his wrist/hand is so jacked up that this is the best we will see from him, we then are seriously screwed…

because it has in the playoffs already. CP3 said his hand was jacked after Game 3 of the WCF, then looked terrible in Game 4 and 5, then looked amazing in Game 6 WCF and then Game 1 and 2 of the Finals. Some nights it looks good. Some nights it doesn’t. If you haven’t noticed that, then I don’t know what you’ve been watching.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
because it has in the playoffs already. CP3 said his hand was jacked after Game 3 of the WCF, then looked terrible in Game 4 and 5, then looked amazing in Game 6 WCF and then Game 1 and 2 of the Finals. Some nights it looks good. Some nights it doesn’t. If you haven’t noticed that, then I don’t know what you’ve been watching.
I really hope you’re wrong and that I’m right. Because I wouldn’t at all trust in a miraculous healing taking place such that, he would suddenly regain his dribble and shot…
If I’m right, I think the odds are better of him fighting thru the exhaustion just enough to play a bit better than he did tonight. And then hope that’s all we would need from him to grab just TWO more damn W’s!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why would these next two days of rest help, when these past few days of rest didn’t?
If you guys are right - which I seriously don’t believe you are - and his wrist/hand is so jacked up that this is the best we will see from him, we then are seriously screwed…
Because with most injuries it’s the amount of time from injury that counts, unless it’s reinjured. So the further we get from the original injury the additional time healing can occur.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That’s an absurd take! All the bucks did was hold serve until they prove they can beat us without home court and refs help that’s just a nonsense take!
Never seen a fan base complain about the refs more than the 2021 Suns fan base. For a team that would have been bounced by Anthony Davis and Kawhi, and have had the easiest, luckiest path ever to a 2-0 lead in the NBA Finals, there are so many conspiracy theories and crying about the refs. I seriously don't get it. Booker should have fouled out twice. Maybe, just maybe, the Bucks are good. Suns might win. The Bucks might win. It's not about the refs.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never seen a fan base complain about the refs more than the 2021 Suns fan base. For a team that would have been bounced by Anthony Davis and Kawhi, and have had the easiest, luckiest path ever to a 2-0 lead in the NBA Finals, there are so many conspiracy theories and crying about the refs. I seriously don't get it. Booker should have fouled out twice. Maybe, just maybe, the Bucks are good. Suns might win. The Bucks might win. It's not about the refs.

hmm, maybe you should actually watch the games? Giannis repeatedly runs into people and they calls fouls on us for touching him, Booker Paul and others get knocked to the floor with no calls, does that seem legit to you? Maybe people complain because it stinks to high hell and looks like refs have been given marching orders to extend this series? You don’t see there superstars In foul trouble back to back games?

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Paul may indeed be nursing an injury... but that doesn't account for him throwing dopey no look passes three (or four) times that killed the Suns. After one of those misfired, you think he would have gotten it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you rely on a couple of off injured superstar mercenary’s to build your team you can’t cry when they get injured

and to say with certainty that the suns would’ve lost to either the clippers or the Lakers at full strength it’s not grounded in reality

The disparity in foul calls especially in the timing and the treatment of the star players is stark.

if Giannis got called for the contact that Booker got called for he have been fouled out in the first quarter

The refs have allowed especially the clippers and the bucks to physically beat up the suns with no repercussions

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
The sums are still in good position with HC. However the
bucks have adjusted, have a size advantage and a massive amount of momentum headed to game five.

Monte has to call time outs, challenge some calls and make adjustments going into and during the next game. Monte seems frozen at times.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad ending but you have to hand it to Giannis the 2 biggest plays of the game on defense the steal and dunk off the inbounds and the insane block on Ayton. The pass was a bit off but it was amazing he was able to get to that ball before Ayton could dunk it. Live I thought what was Ayton doing but in replay you can see Giannis blocks the ball just after Ayton catches it before he can go down to dunk it, just an amazing play.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Bad ending but you have to hand it to Giannis the 2 biggest plays of the game on defense the steal and dunk off the inbounds and the insane block on Ayton. The pass was a bit off but it was amazing he was able to get to that ball before Ayton could dunk it. Live I thought what was Ayton doing but in replay you can see Giannis blocks the ball just after Ayton catches it before he can go down to dunk it, just an amazing play.
You’re right…as bad as that tastes!
But of course, those plays never should’ve had such importance… We blew a 9 point lead in the 4th quarter of a game when Giannis was being controlled and Book was making history…
CP3 single-handily kept this team from reaching 3 wins in a NBA finals for the first time in their history! Ugh…

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right…as bad as that tastes!
But of course, those plays never should’ve had such importance… We blew a 9 point lead in the 4th quarter of a game when Giannis was being controlled and Book was making history…
CP3 single-handily kept this team from reaching 3 wins in a NBA finals for the first time in their history! Ugh…

Yeah I think Paul has something wrong with his hand or maybe both hands. He was shaking his left hand and looking at it repeatedly in the 4th quarter and he was just having so much trouble dribbling last night with either hand it's like both of them are bothering him. No idea what it is but that last terrible turnover when he tried to split was sort of the back breaker. Also for them when they needed someone else to step up Connaughton did, for the Suns when Booker went to the bench with the 5th foul nobody stepped up

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sums are still in good position with HC. However the
bucks have adjusted, have a size advantage and a massive amount of momentum headed to game five.

Monte has to call time outs, challenge some calls and make adjustments going into and during the next game. Monte seems frozen at times.
He does. Very indecisive. And he sat book are too long at the end of the game

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The slip by cp3, did anyone notice cam johnson randomly slip right there too? I forget which game it happened in.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think Paul has something wrong with his hand or maybe both hands. He was shaking his left hand and looking at it repeatedly in the 4th quarter and he was just having so much trouble dribbling last night with either hand it's like both of them are bothering him. No idea what it is but that last terrible turnover when he tried to split was sort of the back breaker. Also for them when they needed someone else to step up Connaughton did, for the Suns when Booker went to the bench with the 5th foul nobody stepped up
Yeah I believe he has a dislocated finger on one hand and torn ligaments on the other but he's keeping it quiet for obvious reasons.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen