Bucks @ Suns Thursday Finals game thread 7-8-2021 - Game 2

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think so in the NBA era. Possibly the precursor league to the NBA.

I recall best of 3 first round series in the late 70s. I believe the Suns actually lost one of those to the Bucks back when the Bucks were in the Western Conference.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recall best of 3 first round series in the late 70s. I believe the Suns actually lost one of those to the Bucks back when the Bucks were in the Western Conference.
I looked it up. It's all best of 7 in the NBA era for the finals. Found another list...same as the Conference finals. Maybe people are remembering 1st round format at one time?!?

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Bucks were missing their starting point guard, and the Suns had to overcome a 16 point deficit to win by 1 at home. We really need not to use that game as encouragement for anything.
That was not the same Suns team... we've blossomed. I even commented that we should be hitting full stride around playoffs time.
The first game wasn't pretty in many ways and we still won. The ONLY thing that matters now is winning.
We may not sweep the Bucks but I like our chances of winning out.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That was not the same Suns team... we've blossomed. I even commented that we should be hitting full stride around playoffs time.
The first game wasn't pretty in many ways and we still won. The ONLY thing that matters now is winning.
We may not sweep the Bucks but I like our chances of winning out.

That Suns team was in the middle of a 6 game win streak and a stretch of 9-1 over 10 games. Kind of difficult to blossom more than that.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking about Budezebrifjdhers comments regarding FTs he was shocked middleton didn’t take a single FT. For his career khris a whopping 3.1 FTs per game. Zero is not a shocking stat for that guy.

He is taking the opposite tactic that Monty took during the Clippers series.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We don't need no stinking free throws put it in the hoop like a Mang.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So nervous..... Pessimism sets in. Flop sweat...... 2.5 hours!

Waking up on game day is almost indescribable! The anticipation leading up to each post-season game has presented degrees of excitement and emotion not felt since perhaps the Cards '09 Super Bowl run! The '05, '06 and 2010 post season runs for the Suns were amazing of course... but, this 2021 team has come out of the ashes and has given me/us such a thrilling and incredibly surprising ride. From 19 wins just 2 seasons ago to 3 wins away from a first-ever Championship!! C'mon now... THAT is simply historic!!!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if anyone is at the perch, ill be up in the loft watching the game in my Dogfather shirt

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay... well, my few remaining friends in Phoenix are canceling on me to come over and watch the game with me and the parents. Even brother who shall not post doesn’t feel good and doesn’t want to risk possibly bring anything in the house a couple weeks before my Mom’s big surgery. Starting to get a bad feeling about tonight...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Okay... well, my few remaining friends in Phoenix are canceling on me to come over and watch the game with me and the parents. Even brother who shall not post doesn’t feel good and doesn’t want to risk possibly bring anything in the house a couple weeks before my Mom’s big surgery. Starting to get a bad feeling about tonight...
:stick: :stick: :stick: :stick: :stick:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what hurts more: The surgery or the fact that all anyone is commenting on is the use of the word “oral.” :(

you at least get some good painkillers to float on before the Suns have you naturally floating on air later tonight?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
you at least get some good painkillers to float on before the Suns have you naturally floating on air later tonight?
I don’t do painkillers so it’s just Advil for me. But it’s working well for sure.

I will say it would be nice to be watching this game with you, your brother and any number of others from this board tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did I just hear Scott Foster is reffing tonight?

edit: nope.

they’re probably saving him for Game 3 when the NBA needs to extend the series past a sweep.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nader at center?!? Surely that’s just kidding. He’s 6’5

Monty mentioned it. Nader is 6'5" but weighs 225 pounds.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Run Giannis out of the gym. His knee may feel good going into the game, but can it withstand running up and down the court for 35+ minutes? Suns need to set the pace early and let it fly.

I don't know. Giannis moved pretty good in Game 1.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You shut your mouth and enjoy your birthday win tonight!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I don't know. Giannis moved pretty good in Game 1.
That run down block was one of the most majestic plays a man his size has ever made on a basketball court. Totally insane considering his injury status.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t do painkillers so it’s just Advil for me. But it’s working well for sure.

I will say it would be nice to be watching this game with you, your brother and any number of others from this board tonight.
I haven’t watched a suns game in a rabid Suns environment in over a decade.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That run down block was one of the most majestic plays a man his size has ever made on a basketball court. Totally insane considering his injury status.
And he fouled Bridges with the body. And not by a little. He crushes him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm so glad he can't shoot. He'd be a one man superteam if he could hit 3's.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Huh. That seems disastrous.

Craig and Nader could be a version of small ball center if Monty doesn't have confidence in Frank.

It's not like the Suns have a lot of options with Saric out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn