Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also think the fact that Booker struggled so much in the Clipper series and CP3’s epic close out game has let people focus on the CP3 of it all. Booker was having a MAJOR coming out party all the way through Game 1 of the WCF but that came to a screeching halt as he struggled for the rest of the series. It’s a what have you done for me lately press cycle and Chris impressed the most at the end of the conference finals.

and he’s just such an incredible story this season. This is a guy TWO teams left for dead and wanted to get rid of, who came to the worst team in the last decade and turned them into WCC. It’s a stamp of greatness on an already HOF career and the Finals will be a coronation of him as likely the second best PG ever when he holds up the trophy at the end.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ayton anchoring our 107.6 playoff DRTG is still somehow getting lost in the shuffle.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton anchoring our 107.6 playoff DRTG is still somehow getting lost in the shuffle.

that’s because defense isn’t a **** story to build highlight packages around. Never has been. Never will be.

that said, almost every interview I’ve heard on the radio about this team, they person interviewed always gives Ayton credit for reaching his potential and being the anchor for the defense that the Suns as a franchise has never had.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
According to former Nets executive and ESPN cap guru Bobby Marks, the Suns can offer Paul a four-year deal while the Knicks can’t go past three years because of an obscure “over-38’’ bylaw in the collective bargaining agreement.

Marks predicts the Suns will net Paul with a three-year, $100 million contract if the veteran decides to opt out of the $44 million final season of his current deal.

If Leon Rose’s Knicks attempt to match the offer, the Suns can add a fourth year.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“I appreciate him a lot. I've been a sponge to him since the day he got here,” Booker said. “Our relationship definitely took off since he's been here.”

As a result, Paul and his young teammates have reached a destination that was once unfamiliar to them. While the Suns toiled in mediocrity, Paul experienced early playoff exits amid ongoing struggles with injuries and star teammates. Not anymore.

“It's a fun group to be around, and when you're around a group like that, you want to win,” Paul said. “You don't ever want the season to end because you actually like being around each other.”

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I stumbled back across a video that I saw around the time the CP3 trade happened and it looks pretty genius now. Obviously most of us didn't see this coming this early, but this guy did.

Also he does curse quite a bit so if that's something that bothers you than you have been warned.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I stumbled back across a video that I saw around the time the CP3 trade happened and it looks pretty genius now. Obviously most of us didn't see this coming this early, but this guy did.

Also he does curse quite a bit so if that's something that bothers you than you have been warned.

He makes good points. Great insight before the season. Don’t understand why anyone’s speech has to be so full of expletives. Makes him sound like an idiot to me.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He makes good points. Great insight before the season. Don’t understand why anyone’s speech has to be so full of expletives. Makes him sound like an idiot to me.
Seems he isn't really trying to become a big channel as he'll never be monetized like that. Cursing has never really made people sound dumb to me, but I have been in the military for 18 years and that's how a lot of us talk around each other.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seems he isn't really trying to become a big channel as he'll never be monetized like that. Cursing has never really made people sound dumb to me, but I have been in the military for 18 years and that's how a lot of us talk around each other.
The reason it sounds dumb to me is the regular usage of useless words. They play no role in his communicating his point. They’re just garbage filler. It’s like people that fill their speech with a lot of “um’s” and “likes” and “uhhh’s”, except worse bc many people find it offensive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is CP3’s title run. We’re just along for the ride. And I’m more than fine with that.
I like CP3, and want to see him get a title, but I really feel defensive that this is Book's team! Don't know why, but I feel like CP3 has been here a hot minute, while Devin has literally bled for us. CP3 will come and go, but Devin is our guy!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like CP3, and want to see him get a title, but I really feel defensive that this is Book's team! Don't know why, but I feel like CP3 has been here a hot minute, while Devin has literally bled for us. CP3 will come and go, but Devin is our guy!

this is absolutely not Booker’s team. This is CP3’s team... just like the 93 Suns weren’t were Barkley’s team, not KJ’s. And even KJ had a much better claim to the 93 team considering he had led the Suns to the playoffs four years in a row with 2 WCF appearances compared to zero playoff appearances for Booker and the rest of the young guns.

as CP3 gets older, we’ll see that transition more and more to Booker where eventually he becomes total alpha dog, but that’s not who he is here. He’s following CP3’s lead, just like the rest of these young guys who are kicking ***.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

NBA Finals: How Suns’ Monty Williams has evolved as a coach to lead his team to the Finals

PHOENIX – As his team gathered together for a morning shootaround, Phoenix Suns coach Monty Williams offered a message.

Why wouldn’t he? The Suns were about to play in the NBA Finals against the Milwaukee Bucks, the franchise’s first Finals' appearance in 28 years and the first for the majority of the Suns’ coaches and players.

Williams found no need, however, to deliver a fiery speech or offer another detailed scouting report. Instead, Williams told his players, “Go hoop; ya’ll know what to do.”

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
This is a great article other than the fact that they have William’s hat contents backwards.

Williams has often appeared in press conferences wearing a hat with the message “WS > WD” a knockoff of Ben Franklin’s familiar message that "Well done is better than well said.”

The writer must have flunked math in school.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns Arena will now be known as Footprint Center.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns Arena will now be known as Footprint Center.

There's another name ill rarely use. At least Sarver got paid, hopefully that will help offset some of the cash he'll need to shell out this offseason.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's another name ill rarely use. At least Sarver got paid, hopefully that will help offset some of the cash he'll need to shell out this offseason.

I will gladly accept and use the name Footprint Center if it helps us become plastic free over time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose