OT: Moving from Illinois to Phoenix area. Suggestions??

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because of land needs and wanting to be in the valley, scottsdale is just soooo expensive. I've been looking at apache junction. Once you pass the meth capital and get into the outskirts its pretty damn awesome.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It is almost never 100 at 6 am - I walk my dogs in the morning on the greenbelt, and it is still nice.

Only a few months are hard to handle.

Idaho is the white supremacist capital of the USA - should we judge all of Idaho by that? Where Sanders, and where I live is far removed from Snotsdale. And the bars in our area aren't the ones you are condemning

Oh no it's not. Idaho is one of the fastest growing areas of the country. If your talking about that wacko family in Northern Idaho that owns like 50000 acres and wanted to succeed from the union...that's like 40 people ..and quite frankly they mind their own business and you never hear about them. Im pretty sure their thing is more about wanting to be polygamists, and marry their underage cousins than it does with white supremacy.

I have never seen someone so eager to defend Scottsdale! It's a hot, overpriced, and and kinda like LA...for people that didn't make it in LA??

These things are facts:

It's uncomfortably hot for a majority of the year.

Scottsdale is massively overpriced...and besides desert hikes like camelback....all these outdoor activities you described are basically walking around a man made concrete hole in the ground they filled with irrigation water....at 115 plus degrees.

The valley has so much urban sprawl, they've probably upped the temp by 5 degrees with all the concrete...and you have to have a car...since public transportation in the valley is a joke!

Old Town Scottsdale is literally mocked constantly for the D Bag types that are their. You graduate from mill Ave to old Town bars once you get your douche degree from ASU.

If anyone legit refute those things go ahead.

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh no it's not. Idaho is one of the fastest growing areas of the country. If your talking about that wacko family in Northern Idaho that owns like 50000 acres and wanted to succeed from the union...that's like 40 people ..and quite frankly they mind their own business and you never hear about them.

I have never seen someone so eager to defend Scottsdale! It's a hot, overpriced, and and kinda like LA...for people that didn't make it in LA??

These things are facts:

It's uncomfortably hot for a majority of the year.

Scottsdale is massively overpriced...and besides desert hikes like camelback....all these outdoor activities you described are basically walking around a man made concrete hole in the ground they filled with irrigation water....at 115 plus degrees.

The valley has so much urban sprawl, they've probably upped the temp by 5 degrees with all the concrete...and you have to have a car...since public transportation in the valley is a joke!

Old Town Scottsdale is literally mocked constantly for the D Bag types that are their. You graduate from mill Ave to old Town bars once you get your douche degree from ASU.

If anyone legit refute those things go ahead.

Btw...it auto corrected to succeed....I said secede. I'm not an idiot! I'm a history teacher and it's bothering the heck out of me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose