xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should have done this as soon as the season ended - now many coaches are not available.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I guess U of A ran out of assistant coaches to fire in Miller's place.

Get ready for Josh Pastner.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
REport on ESPN says the school actually tried to extend Miller, the Board of Regents refused to allow it, and that may ultimately be what got him canned. Without an extension he can't recruit, if the BOR won't approve an extension, they fired him?

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
REport on ESPN says the school actually tried to extend Miller, the Board of Regents refused to allow it, and that may ultimately be what got him canned. Without an extension he can't recruit, if the BOR won't approve an extension, they fired him?

Wow - that would be a big deal

Raindog

Reaction score

That has to be true, as it's the only thing that makes sense after the school dug it's heels in for years trying to hold on to him through all the controversy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They are apparently citing sources. ESPN obviously hasn't had the best sources on Sean Miller in recent years so skeptical but it would explain the firing. He can't recruit without a contract so if the BOR said no contract this makes more sense.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

That has to be true, as it's the only thing that makes sense after the school dug it's heels in for years trying to hold on to him through all the controversy.

I have my doubts, seeing as they asked Miller to resign 5 weeks ago and have been actively searching for his replacement behind close doors since then.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chris Holtmann would be perfect world scenario but not sure he leaves OSU for UA.

Gregg Williams aka Bobby Knight II is a hell of a coach with a bad temper to match Sean Miller's.

John Beilein is probably the most available but at 68 years old maybe too old?

Josh Pastner had some red flags at GT, hell of a recruiter but mediocre coach at best with even with talent.

Eric Musselman makes the most sense but if hired, Jordan Brown gone?

There are some small school coaches like Wes Miller who could be considered or assistants like Brian Michaelson who has been under Mark Few since 2000.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have my doubts, seeing as they asked Miller to resign 5 weeks ago and have been actively searching for his replacement behind close doors since then.
That’s good news.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they end up with an underwhelming replacement then it was a waste of 5 weeks...LOL.

What are Mike Bibby and Reggie Geary up to?

Bibby got canned from both his HS coaching gigs, one for alleged sexual abuse towards a female teacher at Shadow Mountain.

Geary has been quite since leaving UA staff, been coaching in Japan.

Better question, is Luke Walton a serious candidate?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sean Miller's future as an NBA assistant coach?

Raindog

Reaction score
Well, Mike Bibby could hook the team up with a reliable source of roids, at the very least.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Players not happy with firing. Countdown has begun for the 3 commits to look elsewhere and possible transfers.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
* If he leaves early: If Musselman leaves Arkansas before April 30, 2021, he would owe the school $5 million. The buyout drops to $1.5 million from May 1, 2021-April 30, 2022 and to $1 million from May 1, 2022-April 30, 2024. After that period, the buyout is $750,000.

I don't think UA job would still be open May 1st but $1.5M buyout is a hell of a drop from the $5M it is now IF Musselman is the top target.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose