Happy New league year 21-22 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruce Arians promises a grueling training camp

For many Super Bowl champions, complacency can become a problem. Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians is determined to not let that happen to the Super Bowl LV champions.

“When our guys come back, and that’s my job, I’m going to beat the sh-t out of them,” Arians told The Loose Cannons on Friday night, via JoeBucsFan.com. “We’re going back to basics and we’re going to have one hell of a training camp and know what our foundation is.”

Even without the players having the sh-t beat out of them, the Bucs are well positioned to avoid complacency. Quarterback Tom Brady won’t allow it.

The Buccaneers have managed to bring back seven of eight key free agents, and they potentially could end up adding some veterans who’d like to chase a championship for a below-market payday.

While no one has won back-to-back Super Bowls since the Patriots in 2003-04, the Bucs are as well positioned as any have been to do it. Arians is determined to ensure that, if they fail, it won’t be a result of players being fat, happy, and satisfied.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
⁦‪@AdamSchefter‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

NFL is expected to expand the regular season schedule this week to 17 games. The league had played a 16-game regular season schedule since 1978, by far the longest stretch without a change in NFL history.

3/28/21, 10:20 AM

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
⁦‪@AdamSchefter‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

NFL is expected to expand the regular season schedule this week to 17 games. The league had played a 16-game regular season schedule since 1978, by far the longest stretch without a change in NFL history.

3/28/21, 10:20 AM

wonder if this means the season starts a week earlier or ends a week later. I’m hoping earlier. I miss when the NFL used to start on Labor Day weekend. You could get completely shnockered on Sunday to celebrate the beginning of the season while knowing you could recover on the Monday holiday.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wonder if this means the season starts a week earlier or ends a week later.
Why not both? Adding a second bye week per team seems like something the players, owners, and TV rights holders would all love. Maybe the NFL saves that move for when they switch to an 18-game season. Then they can start on Labor Day Weekend and have the Super Bowl on Presidents Day Weekend.

...dbs

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Kimberley A. Martin
@ByKimberleyA

Just mentioned this on
@GetUpESPN
: Talked to three NFL GMs about the market for Sam Darnold. I asked what’s the most they’d be willing to give up: Two said a 3rd Rd pick — with one saying even a late 3rd would be “a little rich.” The other GM said “maybe” a 3rd or conditional 4th

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Buffalo Bills announced today that Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York will be the new naming rights partner for Bills Stadium. Effective immediately, the home of the Bills will now be named Highmark Stadium.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
so if/when the schedule expands to 17 games.....i assume that means the cardinals play the browns?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
17 game schedule officially adopted. Lions odds on favorite to be first 17 loss team!

I see 16 international games, 1 for each team, coming soon!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not both? Adding a second bye week per team seems like something the players, owners, and TV rights holders would all love. Maybe the NFL saves that move for when they switch to an 18-game season. Then they can start on Labor Day Weekend and have the Super Bowl on Presidents Day Weekend.

...dbs

i'd be pretty damn good with that also.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

...dbs

i'd be pretty damn good with that also.

I think the owners are looking down the barrel of an 18 game season in less than 5 years. Why give up the negotiating piece now when they will need it then?

That's my take.

I.E..... What @daves said.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

It wouldn’t surprise folks if this trade was just a small piece in a bigger plan from Howie Roseman. It certainly wouldn’t surprise one NFL executive, who said this to TheAthletic’s Mike Sando:

“All they’re doing is stockpiling picks for next year, so they can get weapons for Jalen Hurts or acquire one of the top two overall picks to draft a quarterback,” an exec said. “And I would put Philly in the driver’s seat for Russell Wilson next year if Seattle moves him. That would have Howie Roseman written all over it.”

The story from Sando goes through all 32 teams and is worth the read if you have a subscription. And he also has a blurb about the Joe Flacco signing and how it doesn’t add up
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-trade-rumors-russell-wilson-131502759.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose