Welcome back Markus Golden. 2 year deal

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why not? If he’s as good as some people on here claim? Trey Hendrickson is getting $15m from the Bengals, Carl Lawson is getting $15m from the Jets, Shaw Barrett got $18m from the Buccs and Leonard Floyd is getting $16m from the Rams. Hendrickson is the only one to have more sacks than Reddick.
But no one is saying it. So using that number as representative of anyone’s position is just false hyperbole, also kinda just lying to try to bolster your argument disingenuously

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree we should have tagged him. I never doubted his work ethic or want to, I just didn’t see any production until last year so it makes me skeptical as to him repeating last year. it’s not like he blew anybody out of the water at temple either. He played against subpar competition and his best year he got eight sacks.
Well that’s another thing entirely . . . he was a terrible draft pick. KEIM!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
like I said tell me his stats for the other 15 games. I would like to know if you think that guy is worth 13-15 a year? I don’t want to hear maybe this happens or that happens. 3 years and 15 games of pure average at best

you don’t know what we are going to spend money on. All I hear is what YOU think is going to happen
You are basing your opinion of what Reddick is going to do on 3 seasons prior to last year. I am basing my opinion of what keim is going to spend on free agents on all of his history. I love you guys who have such optimistic outlooks on keims plans.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
But no one is saying it. So using that number as representative of anyone’s position is just false hyperbole, also kinda just lying to try to bolster your argument disingenuously
Lines like "whatever the cost" don't exactly prevent the imagination from running wild. And a $13 million transition tag isn't that different than a $15 million franchise tag at the position.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lines like "whatever the cost" don't exactly prevent the imagination from running wild. And a $13 million transition tag isn't that different than a $15 million franchise tag at the position.

keep lying about what people are saying. Does wonders for the discussion.

Because again, getting Reddick at 13 wouldn’t happen in a vacuum. We easily could cut Kennard and let Gardeck’s busted ass walk and then you could bring back Reddick AND Golden for 17.5 million as opposed to Golden and the pupu platter of a broken Gardeck and useless Kennard for 14.5. Or are you really excited at the prospect of Kennard being anything next season, not to mention Gardeck who didn’t even have his ACL surgery until mid January?

that would give this team FOUR legit nightmares for QBs. It would allow there to still be at least SOME semblance of speed in the front four. It would also give the team another year to see what they have in Reddick.

look... it’s obvious as usual we’re not spending the bucks needed on the O-line, or WR... or CB. So if that’s the case, I think the team needs to load up and make at least one part of the defense dominant. With CJ, Watt, Reddick and Golden, I think that front 7 could have wreaked havoc on the QB in a way to make up for fatal flaws everywhere else Keim is apparently not going to address. It’s about allocation of resources.

There’s no way anyone can convince me that Reddick/Golden for 3 million more than Golden/Gardeck off 2021 ACL surgery/Kennard’s benched ass would have been a bad investment and the most bang for our buck/highest ceiling play.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
keep lying about what people are saying. Does wonders for the discussion.

I wanted to keep Reddick at all costs.
That’s why I wanted to tag him. Let’s see it another year.
You must be registered for see images attach

So, Would you rather have Golden/Kennard at 11 million or Reddick at 13 million.

Not sure how else I'm supposed to interpret these statements for the purpose of discussion if you three aren't saying this. Because that all looks pretty clear.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure how else I'm supposed to interpret these statements for the purpose of discussion if you three aren't saying this. Because that all looks pretty clear.

WTF are you talking about? Ouchie has REPEATEDLY said Transition Tag. Same as DVontel. That's what he means regardless of cost... the Transition Tag cost. All three of us have stuck to the transition tag for weeks. You are the one projecting the 15 million dollar number on us and taking "whatever it costs" completely out of context.

Again, just so this is clear and you can stop LYING REPEATEADLY, the people who wanted Reddick back, wanted him back at the Transition Tag number, which according to the above isn't even 13 million... it's 12.7 million.

And if you look above, you'll also note that upon further thought, this shouldn't have even come down to a Golden or Reddick thing. Most people before the tags were announced didn't think it would (I did). But this team could have and should have resigned both and let the almost 10 million dollars of wasted money on Gardeck's ACL and Kennard's benched ass hit the bricks. And even then, they could restructure CJ's contract to try and create more space for whatever CB, OL or WR... they seem to have zero plan on signing.

I also appreciate you just completely ignoring the rest of the point made about allocation of resources. Misconstrue or flat out lie about the other's argument and then just completely ignore the others. Solid discussion skills.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about? Ouchie has REPEATEDLY said Transition Tag. Same as DVontel. That's what he means regardless of cost... the Transition Tag cost. All three of us have stuck to the transition tag for weeks. You are the one projecting the 15 million dollar number on us and taking "whatever it costs" completely out of context.

Again, just so this is clear and you can stop LYING REPEATEADLY, the people who wanted Reddick back, wanted him back at the Transition Tag number, which according to the above isn't even 13 million... it's 12.7 million.

And if you look above, you'll also note that upon further thought, this shouldn't have even come down to a Golden or Reddick thing. Most people before the tags were announced didn't think it would (I did). But this team could have and should have resigned both and let the almost 10 million dollars of wasted money on Gardeck's ACL and Kennard's benched ass hit the bricks. And even then, they could restructure CJ's contract to try and create more space for whatever CB, OL or WR... they seem to have zero plan on signing.

I also appreciate you just completely ignoring the rest of the point made about allocation of resources. Misconstrue or flat out lie about the other's argument and then just completely ignore the others. Solid discussion skills.
Dude, you need to chill out. I haven't memorized yours, ouchie's, and DVontel's positions on transition tags vs. franchise tags vs. long term contracts on an individual basis throughout threads. There's still only a very marginal difference between saying $13 million and $15 million. When I first mentioned $15 million in this thread, I was throwing a rough number out there, especially considering we have no idea what Reddick is going to net in a long term deal. The transition tag, either tag, at $12.7 million, is still too much money. You're picking nits.

I'm not going to go back and search every thread about Reddick right now at 2 AM, but I'm pretty darned sure you three weren't all "tag or no deal" on Reddick and would have re-signed him to a $10+ million per year deal.

This team can't keep throwing big money at players because we can't draft or coach. You're talking about spending starting money on 3 OLBs who can't be on the field at the same time. Gardeck is a bargain. Kennard could still see the axe if we want to sign another player. Free Agency hasn't even officially started yet, and all of the things you mentioned are still on the table.

Why am I not discussing "allocation of resources?" Because we literally gave it a shot signing the best lineman on the market today and you're having a tantrum because we swung and missed. You're pissed off that we don't "have a plan" because more than 24 hours before the start of free agency, we haven't signed anyone yet. It's not worth it to me to start wailing and gnashing teeth over losing a guy this board unanimously wanted off the team 12 months ago and a center who chose a different team for reasons we have no actual insight to.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is not the i dont like golden, he is a good dude, I very like his personality, on the field he is a high motor guy who give everything he has, unfortunately he is too slow and he is a liability in some circumstances
I do think our defense need a faster edge guy, i hope we can draft one so he can be a rotational guy, there some good athletic pass rusher in the draft

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah... that wasn’t the question. Snd lol... where are all those guys coming from?

and you didn’t answer the question. Right now we have Golden/Kennard taking up 11 million dollars on the D. Reddick transition tagged would have been 2 million dollars more at that position. So, Would you rather have Golden/Kennard at 11 million or Reddick at 13 million. Also, Newsflash, you’re not getting an IOL, WR and CB for the 2 million dollar difference if you stick for older/slower/not as productive Golden and benchwarming busted trash from Detroit Kennard.

to get the IOL, CB and WR this team STILL has to make room outside of the dollars dedicated to the OLB spot they currently have.

Yeah, you're question is inherently flawed. Want me to pull the rug out from under your argument? It's Golden AND another player (because you cut Kennard) or Reddick AND STILL PAY MORE MONEY At THE POSITION BECAUSE REDDICK IS ONLY ONE PLAYER. You want to burn 13 mill on the guy, but that doesn't also buy you the position depth.

It wasn't that "pie in the sky" when we were down to the final three teams in consideration. Also, Keim can't draft, so keeping "our own higher end free agents" is a thing that doesn't happen.

This is so backwards. If we re-signed Reddick, Kennard is still under contract, just like he is with Golden, so you can't remove him from the Reddick equation either. It'd be more realistic to call it $11 million for Golden/Kennard, or ~$21 million for Reddick/Kennard. Kennard can still be cut in either scenario. Even if you want to make it "just Reddick," there's a $3.75 million cap hit to cut him, so you're looking at $16.75 million on the cap to give Reddick the unquestioned role and still have to solve for depth.

Solar said it way better.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No one is saying it, but the market dictates it. It would make him a top 10 paid player at the position and likely his only big pay day because of his age and great season.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I predict Reddick gets about 3 years/26-27 mill with about half that guaranteed. If he was an "in demand" edge player, he would have been signed yesterday like all the other top pass rushers. That's a contract the Cards should do to keep him and maybe they will, but I doubt it.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I predict Reddick gets about 3 years/26-27 mill with about half that guaranteed. If he was an "in demand" edge player, he would have been signed yesterday like all the other top pass rushers. That's a contract the Cards should do to keep him and maybe they will, but I doubt it.
If that ends up being the contract then that would be very reasonable. Hope you’re right.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i thought he would get well more than that

Reddicks problem is that the spots are filling up -- and i think the curve on the money is steep --

he could face the same thing Golden faced last year -- he held out for more, the money dried up -- and he played for $3mm a year

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super happy that we got Golden back for the right price. Love his motor and passion to be a Cardinal.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we resigned Reddick for $13m he would have 5 sacks and 62 PFF grade.

If he signs elsewhere for $10m he will have 12 sacks and a 78 PFF grade.

That's just how it works.

Becoming a late fan, why did u chose the Cardinals?
U have the typical view of things of a long time fan not of a brand new fan

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah actually $2M does make a difference. Look at Lindsey.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You keep saying $15, the transition tag is $13. ONE PERSON said “at all costs” - the transition tag is obviously an available alternative.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard