Round 1 Vera Tucker og
Round 2 Terrance marshall wr
Round 3 Erik Stokes cb
Round 5 Kylin Hill rb
Round 7 James Smith punter

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Trade 16 to Saints for 28 and Lattimore.

1. Najee Harris
2. Terrance Marshall
3. Creed Humphrey/Landon Dickerson
5. Hunter Long
7. ?

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Trade down bonanza!

My thinking here was that the players I really liked were all gone at #16. So I traded down.

When I came to pick #23, I looked at what the Bengals would give and it was worth moving down again.

When I got to #38, the thought of adding a good edge prospect was too good to pass up. Philips has elite tools, but only one season of production. Taking him here ensures that he doesn't have to necessarily start immediately.

Next I take Terrance Marshall, a big tough possession type receiver. This means that Kirk can move into the slot where he belongs. The one thing that sucks is that I miss out on Javonte Williams, but I value receivers more. I also think Murray is the future, so the Cardinals need to throw assets at him, and Marshall should help to move the chains.

The Cornerback depth has been a bit depleted, so I need to take a cornerback NOW. Holland is by far the highest rated on the board. I think in an ideal world the Cardinals add 2-3 CBs from this draft and hope that one becomes a solid starter.

Another position the Cardinals need to address is RB, and finding Najee Harris here is a stroke of good luck. I think the Cardinals need a big back who can move a pile, but also catch the ball a bit. Harris is a good fit and should be at a minimum, a real good platoon back with Edmonds.

My next pick comes and I decide to look at trading down again because a few of the players I'm interested in are lower down on the board and I should be able to get them later. I trade down twice and add more picks.

As I stated earlier, I want to add a few players to the secondary. I was interested in Chazz Surrat, but the Cowboys really wanted him and traded up to get him. I was a little disappointed, but decided to add another CB to group and Graham is a solid prospect at this point.

The reason adding a bunch of picks is enticing, is that it gives you the ability to move up in a player you want is available. My next pick is Meinerz a center who really excelled at the Senior Bowl. Very solid prospect and I think I got him at a reasonable spot, but PFF disagrees. Screw PFF.

I've been keeping my eye on TEs, but I am realistic..TEs don't seem to be too much of an emphasis in Kliffs offense, but adding Hunter Long is a good fit at this point. I don't view Long as becoming a top TE, but he offers some versatility. He can catch and block, so at worse, I think he can be a good 2nd or 3rd string TE.

For the last four picks, I either went with top of the board picks and guys with specific traits. Nico Collins adds another big receiver, Rochelle has elite physical traits, and Robinson is a big physical runner who has low tread.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
16. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, slot CB/LB, ND

49. Javonte Williams, RB, UNC

79. Tyson Campbell, CB, UGA

161. Ambry Thomas, CB, UM

238. Austin Watkins, WR, UAB

In the first round, a stealth secondary pick. Even though he’s listed as a LB, JOK played a ton of snaps in the slot and he can run and cover with the best of them, but he also has enough size speed and instincts to play upfield in the box, cover RBs out of the backfield, and chase elusive QBs. In the film I watched, he seemed far more skilled at coverage than IS, and a bit more instinctual in the box.

JW is just a big back that will help us in short yardage, and is already adept at pass pro and catch. Extremely productive and should immediately present improvement at a position of need once Drake bounces. Allows Chase to remain as a secondary option to reduce injury risk.

TC is big tall and fast and will guard opponents’ big WRs on the outside.

AT is more of a slot CB type but not bad to gamble on a guy with his athleticism and playmaking.

AW is a big receiver that was very productive at UAB and is noted as being excellent at the catch point which should help as KM tends to throw high.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Assumes we lose Reddick in FA. Ojulari was highest rated on the board I was using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading down, taking 2 offensive linemen and then the luxury of Jabril Cox in round 2.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I try to get value with picks...but the PFF grade calculator is really strange at times. An example was Walker Little, he was rated higher than the 51st pick but I only get a C+. Same with Hunter Long.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
As you can see, I made a few trades, first to move down some and then to move up, receiving and giving up some picks. Overall, moved to the sweet part of draft to get very solid players throughout draft.

23. Christian Barmore DT Alabama

48. Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma

49. Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern

53. Trey Smith OG Tennessee

102. Nico Collins WR Michigan

137. Trey Sermon RB Ohio State

156. Kary Vincent Jr. CB LSU

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a couple of them. Steve Keim i draft better then you!

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just took every trade I could!

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Round 1-Azeez Ojulari-Edge
Round 2-Asante Samuel Jr-CB
Round 3-Kendrick Green-C/G
Round 5-Rhamondre Stevenson-RB
Round 7-Have no clue!!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Would love Kwity Paye if Tucker is gone @Chopper0080
I like the player but hate the fit. He has worse bend than Rousseau and wouldn't be able to drop into coverage which would make our defense even more predictable. If we ran a 4-3, I would like him a lot more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose