I'm listening to...

Reaction score
B.B. King Live at Sing Sing. It doesn't get much better than this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street

Little side note-- The enormous success of Baker Street was a burden on an otherwise reclusive Gerry rafferty. He cancelled his tour.... too much exposure for the laddy from Paisley, Scotland.

Sadly he began to self medicate more and more with alcohol which ultimately led to his early death. Very tragic, the man could have made records for decades more.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little side note-- The enormous success of Baker Street was a burden on an otherwise reclusive Gerry rafferty. He cancelled his tour.... too much exposure for the laddy from Paisley, Scotland.

Sadly he began to self medicate more and more with alcohol which ultimately led to his early death. Very tragic, the man could have made records for decades more.

I'm sorry to hear this. I wondered what happened to him. Some artists are not ready for fame and go down this path. Here is another song I like by him.

Gerry Rafferty - Right Down the Line

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed this song. I think the video was ahead of it's time... very creative. Can over a billion views be wrong?

a-ha - Take On Me

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GEORGE THOROGOOD "Bad To The Bone"

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not too many people know about Tom Petty's first band. Or so I thought lol.

As a Petty fan I knew they existed but didn't know or have any of their music until my wife gave me a Tom Petty box set for Christmas (Playback) in the mid-90's. It was interesting reading about the group and learning that Petty started the group with Tom Leadon, brother to Bernie of Eagles and Flying Burrito Brothers fame.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a long playlist of music but I always pick one particular song first each morning to get my adrenaline going.

This was today's song.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Refugee

Reaction score
As a Petty fan I knew they existed but didn't know or have any of their music until my wife gave me a Tom Petty box set for Christmas (Playback) in the mid-90's. It was interesting reading about the group and learning that Petty started the group with Tom Leadon, brother to Bernie of Eagles and Flying Burrito Brothers fame.

I have that same box set. I want to say disc 1 & 4 are my favs but I'm not sure anymore. I'll have to dust it off & check it out again. I just don't listen to many LP's or CDs anymore. Google's Youtube music is what I play at home & I still have my old iPod hooked up in my car.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that same box set. I want to say disc 1 & 4 are my favs but I'm not sure anymore. I'll have to dust it off & check it out again. I just don't listen to many LP's or CDs anymore. Google's Youtube music is what I play at home & I still have my old iPod hooked up in my car.

Yeah, I loaded all my CDs and albums onto a Yamaha Musiccast (an early days home audio MP3 player) maybe 20 years ago and haven't listened to physical media since then. And all I listen to now is the playlists I've built, some have only a few songs and some have several thousand in them. I no longer have a clue what album any song was originally from unless I check my album list on my computer (where I also loaded everything but kept the album format intact).

It's been so long since I even thought in terms of "album" that I had to search my album list on my imac just to find the name of the Petty box set. And yeah, I still have my ipod hooked up in my car. The ipod's a necessity though because where I live, you can't get over the air radio and I don't drive enough to justify Sirius any more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose