unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
arizona is the last place he's going.

pittsburgh with his brothers or home to green bay. book it

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
I hope we sign him. A 32 year old washed up Watt > the rest of the garbage on the Cards' roster

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope we sign him. A 32 year old washed up Watt > the rest of the garbage on the Cards' roster

This is just silly. We have plenty of gamers on our team, even on the defensive line. Sigh.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Watch out for Cleveland. They have cap room and on the upswing. Playing oppo Myles Garrett isn't a bad thing either. Plus, he could have bragging rights against his brothers.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Cardinals need to fly him out and wine and dine him.

Pretty sure he is plenty to give at this point
No, he does not. Geez people, you are looking at his legacy and not his present condition. I agree with Chopper, he's a guy that can win 'some' one on one matchups now but if we pay this guy like some stud and expect him to be a big difference maker, Keim has moved from alcohol to crack

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Indy (kill Houston twice a year), Green Bay, or Tampa (replacing Suh). That's my guess.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Dolphins are an option
Broncos
indy

Are the best teams with money.

Green Bay and Pittsburgh or both in negative cap world.

Tampa has money but also a lot of dudes they want to bring back.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dolphins are an option
Broncos
indy

Are the best teams with money.

Green Bay and Pittsburgh or both in negative cap world.

Tampa has money but also a lot of dudes they want to bring back.

Broncos have their own injured pass rusher in Von to deal with. Dolphins and/or Indy are better fits as they are closer to winning IMO.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. The same people trashing Keim for signing Alford because of his injury history want him to throw 10+ mil at Watt lol. This board is awesome.

Jj watt is not even comparable to Alford
Yes has been injury plagued but when he is on the field huge difference maker
Instead og getting the 37, year old Suggs and the 31 Alford, I prefer to take jj watt, no brainer

Jj watt still 31, has 2/3 years left

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Broncos have their own injured pass rusher in Von to deal with. Dolphins and/or Indy are better fits as they are closer to winning IMO.
Yes, but they need better production from their interior three and Fangio will want to add talent. Also, with having most of their skill positions occupied with high draft picks, upgrading the defense and QB this offseason become the priority. Fangio likes large athletes up front.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instead og getting the 37, year old Suggs and the 31 Alford, I prefer to take jj watt, no brainer

I think he is entertaining the phase of his career similar to John Abraham and Dwight Freeney when we signed them. No way I give him more than a 1 year deal.

We have Chandler Jones who is the same age, coming off an injury. but who's production in 2019 blows away season Watt has had in about 5.

Can't believe I read "cut Jones" and "sign Watt" on the same board.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he is entering the phase of his career similar to John Abraham and Dwight Freeney when we signed them. No way I give him more than a 1 year deal.

We have Chandler Jones who is the same age, coming off an injury. but who's production in 2019 just about blows away any season Watt has had in about 5 years.

I'd say don't sign average players and less contributors like Kennard a D Phillips and sign JJ Watt for the same amount of money

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say don't sign average players and less contributors like Kennard a D Phillips and sign JJ Watt for the same amount of money

If he winds up that cheap, ok.

But some team is going to throw a lot of money at him and I hope it isn't us.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
At this stage in his career, I would think he would take less money to play for a legit SB contender than play for more money and never sniff a SB. He doesn't have many years left.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You aren't going to give him 20 mil. However. If you can make a 2 or 3 year deal around 12 per year...that is workable.

hold on

this guy has played a full season twice in 5 years, is 32 had 5 sacks last year and 4 the year before and you want to give him 12 million a year for 3 years?

Yeah you never get to say SK sucks ever again lol.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he is entertaining the phase of his career similar to John Abraham and Dwight Freeney when we signed them. No way I give him more than a 1 year deal.

We have Chandler Jones who is the same age, coming off an injury. but who's production in 2019 blows away season Watt has had in about 5.

that is super ridiculous.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

He wasn’t a huge difference maker this past year and played all 16 games. Injured 3 of 4 years before that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd only consider Watt on the cheap but he will get better offers so I don't think it is likely to happen with the Cardinals.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose