Weapons, weapons, weapons

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree we need more weapons on offense. Here would be my offensive offseason plan.

1. You sign THE BEST Interior O-lineman that you can get in FA. It should be our top priority and it can be a OC or an OG. This could be Linley at C, or Thuney at OG...maybe someone else is available, but we should land a stud. It would be great to land 2, but lets be realistic...just go get the best interior lineman.

Your line would then be DJ, Pugh, Galliard, Thuney, Jones for example. That should be an improvement over last year if Jones is half decent.

2. You sign a quality Veteran WR that can come in and be a playmaker. I also like Curtis Samuel, but it could be someone else. Christian Kirk has to be the 3rd best WR on the team going into the draft.

3. You sign a decent, veteran RB to potentially be the 2nd guy (since Eno is apparently not so great).

You go into the draft having adding all that and then you look for a chance to add another playmaker in the draft. If BPA and the draft fall a certain way and so forth....you definitely add another pass catcher at 16 if you can. I would argue a WR is a necessity at some point in the draft since Kirk will be gone after this year....so you might as well add a blue chipper. Jamaar Chase or Pitts...maybe another WR if we really like them...they would add a lot to this offense.

If you can add a RB somewhere in rounds 2-4...someone who can at least split carries with Chase next year, then its another win. My pick would be Gainwell in the 3rd.
That’s almost identical to my double down plan

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys like you make me laugh. You know what makes systems work? Talent. You need talent to win in the NFL and right now we are lacking that.

so keep sitting back thinking running better route trees are going to get mediocre WR open in today’s NFL.

If you have Davonte Adams running nothing but 10 yard curls or 8 yard outs from the same side of the field all the time he isn't getting 1400 yards.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I gotta admit that as frustrating as Andy Isabella is I think the Chiefs would do a better job getting the ball in his hands.

Loved watching the constant motion with Hill and Hardman. Obviously he's not as good as those guys, but I like how they use their speed.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I gotta admit that as frustrating as Andy Isabella is I think the Chiefs would do a better job getting the ball in his hands.

Loved watching the constant motion with Hill and Hardman. Obviously he's not as good as those guys, but I like how they use their speed.
Actually Hardman is no special player at all. He has speed to burn just like Isabella, but neither a good route runner nor good hands. Superior returner, that's it. The Chiefs get the ball in his hands on sweeps and screens, or simple underneath crossers that he turns into 1st downs. Other than that, he just stretches the field and the QB that Mahomes is, he hits a few here and there.

Bottom line, Isabella isn't much different to Hardman. It's just the usage.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually Hardman is no special player at all. He has speed to burn just like Isabella, but neither a good route runner nor good hands. Superior returner, that's it. The Chiefs get the ball in his hands on sweeps and screens, or simple underneath crossers that he turns into 1st downs. Other than that, he just stretches the field and the QB that Mahomes is, he hits a few here and there.

Bottom line, Isabella isn't much different to Hardman. It's just the usage.
Fair. We talk about the guys we could have drafted, but man imagine the Chiefs with Metcalf or McLaurin (probably a better fit).

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the weird thing: in 2019 they used Damiere Byrd in the "designated deep threat" role. At a minimum, not sure why Isabella cant fill that spot

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
K1 been posting a lot of Wirfs stuff on Twitter lately. Not sure if its message to front office or his good friends with Wirfs but don't remember him doing that for Lamb

Update: Got to be shot @ front office. His posting Wirfs PFF grades & video of him shutting down Cam Jordan. I don't see anything online about them been close friends
Agreed. I wish he would just go and tell them that though. Retweeting comes across as super passive-aggressive.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
FWIW

On a team with Kyler, Lamb, Hollywood, Cody Ford, Kenneth Murray etc

Lincoln Riley said a then RS FR Creed Humphrey was the best player on the team and might be the best pro.
He is not an amazing athlete which is why they hype is not bigger but he is a toug hdude in the middle. Tenacious player.