WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No way.

Hart shoots 34% and has a 12 per

Hill shot 46% from 3 and had a 16 per

Hill is still a far better player.

But we might get them both to make salaries work.

Hill also had a sweet 3 : 1 ast/tov ratio

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hill is the guard version of Ariza. He signed a big deal with Sacramento and then quit on them.

Well, I'm not sure what your referring too. Wasn't following the NBA then, but his stats in Sacramento were still quite good.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hill also had a sweet 3 : 1 ast/tov ratio

I'm warming to the idea of Hill, though he has been a liability defensively.

That being said, I really do think PG is the only position on the roster where we really don't need any help.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure what your referring too. Wasn't following the NBA then, but his stats in Sacramento were still quite good.
Appears to have played quite well for Milwaukee last season as well. I am not a fan of guys quitting on a team, but I am in no position to know why that might have happened.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm warming to the idea of Hill, though he has been a liability defensively.

That being said, I really do think PG is the only position on the roster where we really don't need any help.

We really need help at PG unless you really believe in Cam Payne. Have no idea why anybody would, he was kicked off a chinese team last year.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
We really need help at PG unless you really believe in Cam Payne. Have no idea why anybody would, he was kicked off a chinese team last year.

Woods was on his 5th team in 5 years and waived off of 3. Yet people on here are pissed we didn't sign him for the mle

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Have no insight into the getting kicked off a team in China, but what I do know is that he looked legit on both ends of the floor for us in the bubble.

Not saying he has done enough to not look for possible upgrades, but it's not like he just had one good game (kind of like Goodwin in the last game of his rookie season).

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Payne engendered some belief by his bubble play: he was able to drive, create, finish, defend, and shoot. That said, the sample is tiny and it was the bubble so hard to draw massive conclusions.

I would not mind him as the 4th guard behind Paul/Booker/?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Woods was on his 5th team in 5 years and waived off of 3. Yet people on here are pissed we didn't sign him for the mle

Well did you look at his stats at the end of last year. The guy played at an ALL-NBA level.

But your right, there has to be an issue with him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hell no to Forbes and Galloway (who are awful, and who are both shooting guards in point guards' bodies, which we already have in Okobo, who is sadly better than both). Anyone else on that list would be fine.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Payne engendered some belief by his bubble play: he was able to drive, create, finish, defend, and shoot. That said, the sample is tiny and it was the bubble so hard to draw massive conclusions.

I would not mind him as the 4th guard behind Paul/Booker/?

Yeah he's fine for that.

But he is no replacement for Paul if he is out for any reason. In fact I think you could just pencil in a loss.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wood had a great 12-game sample, but Payne’s 8-game bubble sample was pretty impressive as well.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah he's fine for that.

But he is no replacement for Paul if he is out for any reason. In fact I think you could just pencil in a loss.

That is the one circumstance where we could use another seasoned PG, but unless and until Paul gets hurt, we need a starting 4, a back-up 2, a back-up 3 and a beefier back-up 5 more.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah he's fine for that.

And I think Paul should be load managed, so the Suns need to find a Hill/Augustin type guy to spot start and play 20 mpg.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually really believe in Carter.

As a PG?

He can't initiate an offense at ALL. You must not remember how everything ground to a halt last year when we put him in that role. Oubre was a better at initiating offense then him.

He is strictly a spot up shooter on offense, an undersized 2 guard.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah he's fine for that.

The odds of us finding a legit replacement for Paul if he misses significant time is very slim. Even someone like Augustine probably isn't anything more than a band-aid that could cover for a game here or there.

If Paul misses a large chunk of the season we will be screwed no matter what IMO.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Well did you look at his stats at the end of last year. The guy played at an ALL-NBA level.

But your right, there has to be an issue with him.

He had a good stretch (about 20 games) so did Payne (about 10 games) Neither were for very long.

Just saying perspective. Could be a Billups situation where one/both took time to develop or they were a fluke.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The odds of us finding a legit replacement for Paul if he misses significant time is very slim. Even someone like Augustine probably isn't anything more than a band-aid that could cover for a game here or there.

If Paul misses a large chunk of the season we will be screwed no matter what IMO.

This. Especially if we don't fill our other holes.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

George Hill can be that replacement. At least enough of one to get by with.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Appears to have played quite well for Milwaukee last season as well. I am not a fan of guys quitting on a team, but I am in no position to know why that might have happened.
Can’t see him quitting on Chris Paul. Cp3 is certainly intimidating in that way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen