MIA vs ARI - Heroes and Goats (Abbreviated)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Watched this game with one eye amid the roiling chaos of a household with three kids between 10 and 8. This list is unlikely to be comprehensive.

HEROES:

Kyler Murray, QB: "How does he make it look so easy?" my wife said following Kyler's 12-yard TD scamper in the 3rd quarter. Kyler's combination of running and passing ability is evolutionary Steve Young. One thing I noticed this week was that he didn't shrink from contact much — I think the team felt like the offense needed to maximize their opportunities.

Christian Kirk, WR: As film gets out on this offense with Deandre Hopkins integrated into it, a legit complementary receiver is extremely useful.

Devondre Campbell, LB: Another solid, solid game from a guy who is making himself a lot of money.

GOATS:

Leki Fotu, DT: Yikes. Just a penalty machine.

Andy Isabella, WR: It's not easy putting a guy on this list who only played 17 snaps, but our dynamic deep threat caught 2 passes for 10 yards and coughed up the ball.

Patrick Peterson, CB: Even he'll admit that he's not the physical presence he used to be, but P-twice needs to occasionally make opposing QBs pay for testing him.

The bottom line: We punted once in this game! Both of these teams will likely make the playoffs! We're now 2-2 on the season in games decided by 7 points or less, and we're on pace for double-digit wins. The sky is not falling and people shouldn't be drawing many conclusions from yesterday's game.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man you are one the posters I love to read from
But Campbell yesterday has been a bit slow and hesitant in a couple of situation where we could stop them
Missed sack on tua
The running back in the sideline for Miami first drive scoring and he looked like a spectator
And another allowed catch in the midfield where he react a bit later

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Thanks K9. We may not agree all the time, but I do respect your perspective.

Kyler is ........ A top 10 player in the NFL now. My opinion of course, but that was an unbelievable display he put on a TOP-TIER defense yesterday. And the contact he was taking was significant IMO. He knew what he was doing and went all out for this team. That was a Super Bowl level effort from K1.

I can't underscore how bad Andy played yesterday.

And finally, our penalties were out of control. Out.... Of..... Control.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Watched this game with one eye amid the roiling chaos of a household with three kids between 10 and 8. This list is unlikely to be comprehensive.

HEROES:

Kyler Murray, QB: "How does he make it look so easy?" my wife said following Kyler's 12-yard TD scamper in the 3rd quarter. Kyler's combination of running and passing ability is evolutionary Steve Young. One thing I noticed this week was that he didn't shrink from contact much — I think the team felt like the offense needed to maximize their opportunities.

Christian Kirk, WR: As film gets out on this offense with Deandre Hopkins integrated into it, a legit complementary receiver is extremely useful.

Devondre Campbell, LB: Another solid, solid game from a guy who is making himself a lot of money.

GOATS:

Leki Fotu, DT: Yikes. Just a penalty machine.

Andy Isabella, WR: It's not easy putting a guy on this list who only played 17 snaps, but our dynamic deep threat caught 2 passes for 10 yards and coughed up the ball.

Patrick Peterson, CB: Even he'll admit that he's not the physical presence he used to be, but P-twice needs to occasionally make opposing QBs pay for testing him.

The bottom line: We punted once in this game! Both of these teams will likely make the playoffs! We're now 2-2 on the season in games decided by 7 points or less, and we're on pace for double-digit wins. The sky is not falling and people shouldn't be drawing many conclusions from yesterday's game.
I am also not jumping off the ledge after yesterdays game.

Kyler made a couple errors.

Kliff made a couple errors.

The refs were pretty bad both ways which made the game tough.

The biggest issue I had was with how Vance prepared his game plan and called it on game day but even that is pretty consistent with what I think of Vance in general.

What I will say is that I feel like I am getting some answers regarding our personnel.

1 - Andy Isabella is a bust. Whatever "it" is, he doesn't have it. Mental game is not there. Physical game is not there. Does not connect with the QB. If he doesn't develop into some kind of decent ST player, he is looking like a cut player or a wasted roster spot.

2 - Christian Kirk is developing some kind of vertical connection with Murray. I would start talking extension with him over any other player on our roster at this point.

3 - Chase is a great situational, low snap playmaker on offense. Keim may have missed the boat not bringing in a larger RB at the trade deadline or throughout this year.

4 - I feel like Jalen Thompson is going to stick. I was amazed how he seemed to be constantly around the ball after being away for so long.

5 - I don't know that I keep Hicks and Campbell on the field together in nickel packages. This is the easiest place to find snaps for Simmons.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Not sure which game was most disappointing, between Miami/Carolina/Detroit. Top tier teams don't lose all 3, and with Buffalo/Seattle looming, 5 and 5 is looking like a real possibility.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals have peaked with current set of 53 players. Their ceiling is 9-7 and floor is 7-9.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals have peaked with current set of 53 players. Their ceiling is 9-7 and floor is 7-9.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

They are currently on pace for 10-6. Not sure why you think their ceiling is 9-7.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How is Golden not a hero?? Dude in his first game had like 1.5 sacks and if we had any sort of CB on the other side we win that game easy. I mean they threw atleast 10 times on the CBS not PP. and I think completed 4 and got 3 PIs

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not sure which game was most disappointing, between Miami/Carolina/Detroit. Top tier teams don't lose all 3, and with Buffalo/Seattle looming, 5 and 5 is looking like a real possibility.
We need to win one of these games. We do have Giants and Philly after that. So 7-5 isn’t awful. But 8-4 would be great.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Detroit for sure. Carolina we were never really in control. Miami is without a doubt a better team than Detroit and we played a much sloppier game against Detroit and lost on a FG in that game as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This loss didn't hurt for me as much, because I'm looking at the Cardinals in a long range kind of mindset.

Murray was great, other than taking that sack that led to a rumble fumble.

I pin this loss mostly on VJ. I don't think I've ever seen a team that personnel shortages effect more.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One of the big penalties on Fotu was not a penalty at all. In fact, he was fouled in the play.

Yeah that is true, that was a phantom call. We definitely deserved to lose but the refs in that game gifted them a sustained drive on third down over a phantom call that eventually lead to a TD.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's been missed because it was a sucky loss but this was possibly Kyler's best game. Not just this season but as a pro.

All his throws were on point. His running was elite. Even lowered the boom on one to try get the 1st.

Yes the fumble was dumb but that was one play. He had one bad pass on the sweep to Kirk on 3rd down. Otherwise he was spot on.

Considering they have a good defence I consider that his best game.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah that is true, that was a phantom call. We definitely deserved to lose but the refs in that game gifted them a sustained drive on third down over a phantom call that eventually lead to a TD.
He clearly grabbed his facemask though. They may have missed a hands to the face on the lineman blocking Fotu, but he did grab Tua's facemask.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think it's been missed because it was a sucky loss but this was possibly Kyler's best game. Not just this season but as a pro.

All his throws were on point. His running was elite. Even lowered the boom on one to try get the 1st.

Yes the fumble was dumb but that was one play. He had one bad pass on the sweep to Kirk on 3rd down. Otherwise he was spot on.

I don't disagree that it may very well be his best game, but I think the Miami defense is overrated.

Yes they were near the top in scoring defense, but they were near the bottom in yards.

It was only a matter of time before someone managed to not turn it over too much and make them pay for all the yards they allow.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well to me the most disappointing was Detroit, because we are a far better team than them and we clearly beat ourselves.

But the loss that hurt the most was absolutely Miami. No way should we lose any game that Kyler plays that well in.

Reactions: PJ1

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Thinking about this defense is not good for my blood pressure smh

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Many of his throws were on point. Definitley not his final throw on the roll out. That was atrocious.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Not sure they were heroes, but I really liked what I saw from Markus Golden, Hasaan Reddick and Jalen Thompson yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if we try to sign one or both of Golden and Reddick next year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This loss didn't hurt for me as much, because I'm looking at the Cardinals in a long range kind of mindset.

Murray was great, other than taking that sack that led to a rumble fumble.

I pin this loss mostly on VJ. I don't think I've ever seen a team that personnel shortages effect more.

Although I agree with this, it bears mentioning that if we won that game two things would have been true. We would be in first place in the hardest division in football. And more importantly, we would have been tied for the best record in the NFC.

That's pretty damn impressive for a team that's still a year or two away. And I agree..... We are a year or two away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard