We should have traded for Gilmore.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we had Gilmore. We could have been the best team in the NFC. What kills us. We give up too many big plays on that side of the ball. We win today easy with Gilmore. But if we play Tampa or Green Bay. We will get killed without a CB on that side. PP never gets thrown on.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If its true they wanted a first I just couldn't justify it. Who knows if we offered anything...but I would have given them a 3rd for sure. We need a 2nd QB that can play

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Not sure if Gilmore was the play for the asking price, but I am seriously surprised we didn't make a play on a corner from somewhere.

Also surprisingly we really missed Kirkpatrick in this game and that is simply because KP is terrible.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Gilmore is a nice player but he’s actually 2 months older than Peterson... and if we had given up a first round pick for a player that old there would be serious problems

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. Any cornerback that can even remotely cover a receiver would be a welcome addition to this group.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
If its true they wanted a first I just couldn't justify it. Who knows if we offered anything...but I would have given them a 3rd for sure. We need a 2nd QB that can play

Sure. If they love a guy late in the draft by all means pull the trigger. This team doesn’t need to invest big dollars or valuable draft capital on a guy who won’t see the field barring injury.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Would've paid an insane amount of draft capital for Gilmore personally. We needed a win now move and did nothing. I know this is supposed to be a CB heavy draft, but given our GM and where we'd be picking if we had the chance, I absolutely would've traded the 1st for Gilmore.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we had Gilmore. We could have been the best team in the NFC. What kills us. We give up too many big plays on that side of the ball. We win today easy with Gilmore. But if we play Tampa or Green Bay. We will get killed without a CB on that side. PP never gets thrown on.

not giving up a 1st and player for a CB that’s 30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave