What happened to Isaiah Simmons?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course it's a VJ problem. The dummy won't even let Simmons play when we are winning 30-10 against the Jets in the 4th quarter. How does he expect IS to learn and develop?

This is the biggest one. Once we are way ahead, IS should be in there full time. Rest one of the starters.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This thread is 30 days old and now there is national media attention on it. How is the "be patient" crowd doing?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was annoyed after week one VJ thinks he’s the smartest person in the room. We need to kick his ass to the curb like we did with McCoy. Both stubborn and useless

I wanted his pathetic play calling ass canned halfway through last year. His defenses are the least innovative I’ve seen since the Bill Davis days.

shocker to find out he’s on the staff.. not.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was in the wait and see camp, but I am a bit nervous about all of this. I was disappointed Simmons couldn’t get on the field during garbage time with a 20 point lead. If he did get a bunch of reps last week and looked bad, then VJ may have a point. But we will never know unless the kid gets extended time on the field.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is sad that our near mid season conversation regarding the player we took 8 in the draft is a debate between our DC being inept or our GM being inept. Happens too often and needs to change if this franchise is ever going to be taken seriously.
You must be registered for see images attach

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am baffled why isnt he playing safety

Id rather Budda play FS and move Simmons to SS

this is ridiculous

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I can't see why VJ does not use him on a few simple blitzes were his only responsibility is to shoot a gap and hit the QB. I heard I believe some here state that VJ does not like to bring heat up the middle but one would think with such a freak athlete you could find some means to contribute his talents from some point of the line of scrimmage

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I am part of the crowd who at least wanted to wait until the halfway point of the season to pass judgement, but the fact that his snaps don't seem to be going up through 5 games is definitely worrying. His snap count needs to be going up significantly very soon or it could be a very bad sign.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am part of the crowd who at least wanted to wait until the halfway point of the season to pass judgement, but the fact that his snaps don't seem to be going up through 5 games is definitely worrying. His snap count needs to be going up significantly very soon or it could be a very bad sign.

Is the sign that he isn't as good as we all thought, or something in the coaching? As soon as Isabella started playing more (this year) he started playing better.

You would think a young coach with a young-ish team would want their young players to grow and learn with the coach. That doesn't seem to be happening here for whatever reason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hold on. Let me be clear. I think Vance is trash. No two ways about that. I’m not sticking up for him at all here.
But that’s kind of my point. If you’re keim and you know you’ve got your two starting ILBs, and you know Vance isn’t creative enough to properly maximize a unique “eraser” then taking that guy is the wrong pick. And I’m still excited about him . . . as long as we don’t keep Vance long enough to ruin him. But even if Vance ruins him, the facts point to keim making a bad decision drafting him with the 8th pick if he had no chance at stardom (combo blocked path at position and poorly matched coach).

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've seen an article saying Campbell wants top ILB money and after this year we will let him go rather than overpay him and that we are grooming Simmons to replace Campbell at ILB.

Optimistic view? We've seen Vance drop Simmons back into a safety position before. Maybe hes waiting for Simmons to master the basics of his defense before using him more creatively.
Even I can't believe this. I think Vance trusts the system over players and doesnt recognize individual players strengths and weaknesses.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As the podcast I linked yesterday says. Simmons is not a middle linebacker. If they are expecting Simmons to replace Campbell they are mistaken. He's a space player as they say, he's not physical enough to play down at the LOS.

They made the exact same mistake they made with Reddick. Like Reddick, Simmons at best is an OLD in a 4-3. But we don't play a 4-3 so here at best he's going to be a bit part player as a nickel backer.

He's a bigger, faster Kam Chancellor or A-Dub and we are ruining him as we speak.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
So he is super talented and athletic. He is smart and has great football knowledge but isn’t ready.
Something is wrong here!
Cmon Kingsbury time to be a head coach!

Thank you CC, this is exactly my concern with Kingsbury, he doesn't fill the position of HC the way it needs to be handled.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thank you CC, this is exactly my concern with Kingsbury, he doesn't fill the position of HC the way it needs to be handled.
Kliff does seem too deferential to Vance.

Ultimately though this is a Keim issue. Vance is Vance and Kliff's never been a winner even in college so he's just learning on the fly. Not a knock against Kliff as I think he can get it done, but 2nd year HC Kliff wont have the command as 6th year HC Kliff.

We're not so loaded defensively for this guy NOT to see the field in a meaningful way.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
come down off Mount Olympus Chopper. You’re not the all seeing God who was the only one worried about this.
The point wasn't that I was the only one seeing this, the point was that writing was on the wall starting on draft day and throughout the entire offseason. People (more than just me) who vocalized early concern were not just using one week on info as the basis of their concern. They were using Cardinals draft history, history of our DC, and the words and actions of the coaches during the offseason and then all of those concerns were validated week 1 and 2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose