Start Edmonds

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He feels like he fits this offense so much better, he is an awesome check down guy for Murray to dump it too. Cards played a different style a football when he was hot last year. Use Drake for short downs and Goalline. Drake just is not that specials Edmonds is a weapon everytime he is out there. Keep Chase on the field! He could be special.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He fits the offense but he can't be the workhorse
End of the story
Lol did you even read what I wrot? Pull him on short downs and goal line, he need to be the early down back, that is not a workhorse back, end of story. Hahahaha

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like the use of both Drake and Edmonds. Bigger things to worry about. The defense is now depleted and poorly coached. Going to have to score 40 every week to win

It was 18 to 3 in carries. He needs more work, this team primarily passes

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do we need a workhorse? Drake had 18 carries, Edmonds 3, Kyler 9. Edmonds can handle something like 10 carries a game and would make us more dynamic. Edmonds did have 6 catches to Drake's 1.
The time we used Edmond as a primary was i'jured the following week
I just said I'm happy with the usage of our running backs
Edmonds is developing like a Darren Sproles type of running back
I do think he is not built to have more then 15 carries for game
But he certainly needs more opportunities but if the defense cant stop any offenses then we have less offensive snaps for game

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Edmonds has a great role in this offense. I don't think he is cut out for more. Chase Edmonds is Tevin Coleman.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He feels like he fits this offense so much better, he is an awesome check down guy for Murray to dump it too. Cards played a different style a football when he was hot last year. Use Drake for short downs and Goalline. Drake just is not that specials Edmonds is a weapon everytime he is out there. Keep Chase on the field! He could be special.
I sympathize with the fear of injury, but the idea Drake is fine running downhill is faulty in my mind. In this game AZ Fan observed his running improved when the defense got tired. He didn’t show much except late in the other games. I certainly would gives Edmonds the most touches.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The defense is horrible, i don't know what can be done to partially fix it without firing Vance Joseph

Now, it is severely beat up with injuries. It isn't looking good on that side of the ball going forward.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Edmonds needs more touches. He makes people miss and is tough as nails. Drake looking very David Johnson like running the ball. And not the years ago David Johnson.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Edmonds needs more touches. He makes people miss and is tough as nails. Drake looking very David Johnson like running the ball. And not the years ago David Johnson.
David Johnson had almost 100 yards, today. About as much as Drake and Edmonds combined.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I sympathize with the fear of injury, but the idea Drake is fine running downhill is faulty in my mind. In this game AZ Fan observed his running improved when the defense got tired. He didn’t show much except late in the other games. I certainly would gives Edmonds the most touches.

From the expert himself! This is a passing team, when Kyler is deciding to bolt or pass Edmonds is always a great target for him, he is a check down guy that bolts when they are locked in on Murray running. Drake is meh, don't see him doing much but east to west running and he never gets many catches.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The very first play Drake missed a cutback off the C. We will see, but the story of the first half regarding Drake was not sticking his foot in the dirt and taking the yards available. Later on, he did and was immediately more productive. We will see as the season progresses.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about Drake (and I have no stats to back up this claim) but it seems that he runs best in the fourth quarter. And it doesn't seem that it's just a case of wearing the other team down.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The very first play Drake missed a cutback off the C. We will see, but the story of the first half regarding Drake was not sticking his foot in the dirt and taking the yards available. Later on, he did and was immediately more productive. We will see as the season progresses.

Yep my thoughts exactly. Chase has better run vision. He runs like Emmitt Smith.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep my thoughts exactly. Chase has better run vision. He runs like Emmitt Smith.

What I love about Chase is his body lean when he runs. he's smaller but he seems to run with power. He's not perfect and he may not be big enough to be an everydown guy. But I'd like to see him get more carries. I think Drake looked much better in the 2nd half. Let's hope that's a sign of things to come

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I love about Chase is his body lean when he runs. he's smaller but he seems to run with power. He's not perfect and he may not be big enough to be an everydown guy. But I'd like to see him get more carries. I think Drake looked much better in the 2nd half. Let's hope that's a sign of things to come

You don't want your RB to be an every down guy unless he is McCaffrey/Kamara. Edmonds needs 8-10 touches per game.