Wk 2 Washington (Potatoes) Football Team @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/14/20-09/29/20

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glendale, AZ

COVERAGE
Watch -FOX
Listen -NFL Game Pass, Westwood One, Sirius XM

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wentz last 10 drives vs. 4 or less rushers by Washington was 6-18 2 ints.

I expect Rivera to have the defense discipline. Kyler has to be patient, but I also think this is a Kenyan Drake/Chase game .

Run the ball and play action.

Washington let the Eagles wrs run loose, but the Eagles became too predictable trying to throw too much (Sanders was injured).

I also think Dan Arnold can make some plays this week as well. Eagles TE's had lots of room.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't see it but everything I've read is 17-0 eagles and then the Washington defense flipped the game. In the first half the Eagles were actually successful throwing the ball downfield. a 36 yard TD pass to the TE Goedert, a 55 yard bomb to my boy Jalen Reagor that would have been a TD if Wentz hadn't underthrown it. But apparently due to lack of a run game, Washington started teeing off on the QB and Philly kept trying to go downfield and couldn't pass protect.

We almost never threw downfield yesterday so hopefully we won't have that issue. And we have 2 really good RB's, the Eagles had 0 yesterday.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
8 sacks on the Eagles 2nd string line yesterday so a huge test for our O line this week.

I envision more of the same. More dink and dunk to neutralize the pass rush. Using the rush to open lanes for Kyler to run. Loads of touches for Hopkins and try close out a poor offense that really only got the win due to two big interceptions.

Need to get the lead this week and hold it.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This was a play that was called back. But Young torched Jason Peters here

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Screw media opinion leading up to the season. Washington played a good team in their division and won and that's the reality. Till actual game play says otherwise, Washington is a good team in the here and now and the Cards have their work cut out for them and should treat them for what they are and not what people think

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This is going to be a tough game. I believe Washington DL is better than SF. If KK calls the first half like he did in game 1 the Cards will lose by 10-13 pts.

I think Cards will shore up their O a bit and get Drake involved early to open up the passing game earlier. Riverboat Ron always seems to have something up his sleeve for the Cardinals. This feel like a Fitz game (7 catches for 99 yards and 2 TDS). This winds up being a back and forth game with Cards winning on a late 45 yard FG 30-28.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Coach Rivera had to get an IV at half time yesterday because he is still coaching despite receiving chemotherapy. Think how much that must inspire his team .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose