The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but their chances were much better than ours.
And Kawhi came far cheaper because he’d poisoned things with the spurs.

I'm not sure if we are agreeing or disagreeing. Giannis and agent would have to be open to signing a new contract with Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kawhi is from LA. Toronto is very different than what he was used to.
Dynamics with Giannis are different.

My point is you can't do the trade on hope. As I mentioned Giannis and agent would have to be receptive to the trade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s why I wouldn’t do it unless we keep Mikal. If Giannis bolts we’d still have a killer wing duo (trio if you include Cam).

I understand the thinking but the Bucks are going to be thinking that way too.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think sending a message to Book that the organization is trying to win championships is very important. Toronto seems to have benefited from the experience of their title run. So, factoring in the (decent) chance Giannis bolts I still think it’s overall worth it. If we can include Oubre instead of Bridges it’s a no brainer, since he’s leaving after next year anyway.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks are playing better without Giannis.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My point is you can't do the trade on hope. As I mentioned Giannis and agent would have to be receptive to the trade.

I think it’s more that you have to beat the next best offer. Does Giannis have a no trade clause? Is Giannis really going to say “no” to playing basketball with Booker and Rubio and Monty?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game is coming down to the wire.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Herro is going to be so good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looked a lot like a charge on Donte.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Butler is trying to win game for Heat but he is not shooting well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Giannis is on the block, the Heat can probably offer the best package when I think about it. They could probably throw Bam, Herro and multiple picks to rival our deal with Ayton if we got serious about it.

also, I could Giannis being much more amenable to going to the Heat instead of us simply because of ownership/FO/history.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Giannis is on the block, the Heat can probably offer the best package when I think about it. They could probably throw Bam, Herro and multiple picks to rival our deal with Ayton if we got serious about it.

also, I could Giannis being much more amenable to going to the Heat instead of us simply because of ownership/FO/history.

Herro is looking like a young Devin Booker.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Why would Miami do that? They’re about to beat him in 5? I also think that’s not a place he would want to go; he doesn’t seem like a KD type.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He was my #2 choice at 11 behind Clarke...

Cam is good enough and showed enough improvement most importantly that I’m not upset we passed on either of those guys. It’s not like an Ayton/Luka situation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m gambling on elite Booker/Rubio/Cam/Oubre Valley Boyz synergy. I think he would want to stay in a warm climate with a young superstar scorer.
The Heat could likely May a free agent play for him. I could see the warriors figuring out something as well. I’d worry if he didn’t sign an extension. It would be disastrous if we traded the farm and he walked.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I'm not sure if we are agreeing or disagreeing. Giannis and agent would have to be open to signing a new contract with Suns.
I would think he and his agent would want a larger market than what Phoenix could provide.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard