Nuk getting a new contact and trade rumor

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It's embarrassing that we trade for a top talent and person like Hopkins and the thing he reads on line at the start of training camp is an idiot fan casting aspersions at his motives and it's taken as "news"
This x 1000. Total conjecture from someone NOT EVEN IN THE MEDIA POOL. Zero credentials..... Zero credibility...... But I bet his hands are huge.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
It's embarrassing that we trade for a top talent and person like Hopkins and the thing he reads on line at the start of training camp is an idiot fan casting aspersions at his motives and it's taken as "news"

it is kinda amazing to see how a guy off a message board gets picked up by a volunteer website -- so his wild speculation gets elevated to something that gets cited by recognized, legitimate news

I like Revenge of the Birds-- but its basically a half step above a fan message board, so i dont exactly go there to read news on the Cardinals.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah, but the Hopkins "hold in" is going strong...Tells me there was something to a new contract for him. Florio was looking up Hopkins' name on NFLPA Agent list this morning and noticed him missing...meaning he may be in between agents right now (5 day waiting period)...he also said it could just be an error...but it's probably not a coincidence he is sitting out practice, with an "injury" and also wants a new deal. It's highly likely that a new deal is imminent and he's not taking any chances until it's signed.
Either a legit injury precaution or a wait to get pen to paper are the two likeliest scenarios and neither of them newsworthy.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The tweet that Hopkins responded to was from a Houston beat writer, so hopefully he thinks it's just Houston people being salty and speculating on a holdout.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tweet that Hopkins responded to was from a Houston beat writer, so hopefully he thinks it's just Houston people being salty and speculating on a holdout.

It was a Houston beat writer that linked a Mitch post.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it is kinda amazing to see how a guy off a message board gets picked up by a volunteer website -- so his wild speculation gets elevated to something that gets cited by recognized, legitimate news

I like Revenge of the Birds-- but its basically a half step above a fan message board, so i dont exactly go there to read news on the Cardinals.

Its zero steps from a fan message board. They don't have press creds. They don't speak to players. They have no inside sources. They don't break news.

Its rehash of news from actual reporters and fanfic.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I don’t think this will have any long-term ramifications. Most players don’t take SB Nation opinion pieces seriously. But it’s not a good look and an unnecessary distraction. I hope @Mitch has learned his lesson about outlandish opinions

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don’t think this will have any long-term ramifications. Most players don’t take SB Nation opinion pieces seriously. But it’s not a good look and an unnecessary distraction. I hope @Mitch has learned his lesson about outlandish opinions
And now they posted an article saying he is not holding out and that the other article was just having some fun or something like that. They need to realize that people see the content that they push out and think before posting nonsense.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Is the second time
He posted also something regarding Drake, and the player personally denied his speculation

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The lesson is that if you write outlandish things it gets attention. Attention can land you money for articles instead of fan articles.

football karma

Reaction score
ill just leave this here (please, please, please... not the NFL West)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ill just leave this here (please, please, please... not the NFL West)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Won't be us.

I'd put some pennies on the Seahawks. Maybe Jets or Giants.

I don't get the love. He has one season over 10 sacks while playing in one of the best D lines in the country.

You can get the same from Clowney for less money without the pick.

football karma

Reaction score
I don't get the love. He has one season over 10 sacks while playing in one of the best D lines in the country.
hes a good player, not a great player

but he is far better than anything SEA has right now -- so i dont want him there