Space Force (Netflix)

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Has anyone watched this? We are through episode 6 (of 10) and I don't hate it. Malkovich is pretty fantastic. It's got some yuks and grins in it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got through 1.25 episodes and realized I'd rather sweep my kitchen floor than watch anymore.

such an incredible amount of talent for so little comedy. was super disappointed.

OP
OP
Cheesewater

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
I go in on everything with low expectations so I guess it limits disappointment. And I get that people expect laugh-a-minute from Greg Daniels and Steve Carell. It's definitely not that. There is a good deal of character development and attempts at honest moments that keep it from being cartoonish. It's too bad that stuff gets shut down so quickly these days. I read a few reviews (which I hardly ever do because comedy is subjective and I don't know these critics personally, they may have no sense of humor whatsoever) and they just spit all over the show and it's a shame. There are good people doing good work in it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I go in on everything with low expectations so I guess it limits disappointment. And I get that people expect laugh-a-minute from Greg Daniels and Steve Carell. It's definitely not that. There is a good deal of character development and attempts at honest moments that keep it from being cartoonish. It's too bad that stuff gets shut down so quickly these days. I read a few reviews (which I hardly ever do because comedy is subjective and I don't know these critics personally, they may have no sense of humor whatsoever) and they just spit all over the show and it's a shame. There are good people doing good work in it.
I watched the entire season. For what it could have been it was a tremendous disappointment. It felt like it didn’t really know what it wanted to be most of the time. Schizophrenic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

man, if it ain't good enough to hold my attention during a quarantine, it ain't good enough for me.

I mean, I watched all of John Henry and KILLER SOFA during this whole mess.