If the Draft Were Tomorrow

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
As best I can tell this is the most likely choices in early round 1. An insane QB trade is possible at any point.
  1. Cincy. Burrows - no brainer
  2. Wash. Young - you don’t pass on this guy who’s a sure thing
  3. Det. Okudah - they could be overwhelmed by strong offer but they’ve been asking too much
  4. Mia. Tua - if there. Will try trade up if Det. signals impending trade
  5. NYG. Trade - they’ll take any decent offer - SD vs OAK - Herbert
  6. SD. Trade w/NYG. NYG loves Becton but can’t pass on Simmons
  7. Car. They’d consider a trade but will settle for Brown if forced, if traded could be OT or WR
I know many people have some of these teams going OT, but my contacts & I don’t believe it unless Carolina trades pick.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As best I can tell this is the most likely choices in early round 1. An insane QB trade is possible at any point.
  3. Det. Okudah - they could be overwhelmed by strong offer but they’ve been asking too much
  7. Car. They’d consider a trade but will settle for Brown if forced, if traded could be OT or WR
I know many people have some of these teams going OT, but my contacts & I don’t believe it unless Carolina trades pick.
A little confused on the NYG/SD trade. Am I right in this top 7 prediction from you?

1. Burrows
2. Young
3. Okudah
4. Tagovailoa
5. Herbert
6. Simmons
7. Brown

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So we would have first choice at OT and WR...……….

Thanks for all the informative posts and threads Harry!!!!!!!!

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A little confused on the NYG/SD trade. Am I right in this top 7 prediction from you?

1. Burrows
2. Young
3. Okudah
4. Tagovailoa
5. Herbert
6. Simmons
7. Brown

That's how I read it as well.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

so in this, MIA swaps slots with NYG, moves up one spot to 4 to guarantee Tua.

NYG moves down again to 6, allowing SD to take Herbert

at 6, NYG takes Simmons

at 7 Carolina takes Brown.

so for the Cards, its:

their top WR, or
their top OT, or
Kinlaw

or they trade down

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Heh I can see ALL the advantages.

I like the moves the Cardinals have made in a vacuum, and I think whatever direction the Cardinals go there is a solid argument.
Preach it brother, I'm down for whoever we pick. I can definitely find all the positives that comes along with that player lol.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we would have first choice at OT and WR...……….

Thanks for all the informative posts and threads Harry!!!!!!!!

If it happens this way, a lot of players we want drop. It even makes trading down a bit attractive.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind cards trading up with NY to get Simmons.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think Harrys scenario is pretty realistic

if you want Simmons, it feels like the teams that are the risks are NYG and CAR.

NYG needs OL and WR badly for Daniel Jones. They just spent big on Blake Martinez at ILB and have a box SS in Jabrill Peppers

Carolina seems more likely: they addressed OL with Okung and WR with Robbie Anderson. They could slot Simmons in at SS next to Tre Boston, or, inside next to Shaq Thompson. Derrick Brown would also address a need. CB seems like a need, and curious if they would reach for CJ Henderson.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
These are the guys I want which might be there in this order: Okudah, Simmons, Wills, Wirfs, Jeudy and Lamb... I would smile with any of them :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm sure we have Becton, Wills and Wirfs graded closely. And Thomas may be right there too. So trade down for us.

Doubtful. Wirfs and Wills are probably close with Wirfs having more physical traits and Wills having better technique. Becton is the physical freak entry, meaning they either have him ranked as a god beyond those two, or have him as a big potential bust which is not even in the picture for their first, while Thomas actually might be a guy who teams have ranked right up there but he does not have the hype of the media... but what makes you think this is solely a OT draft, especially the way the Cards handle themselves in this free agency to be able to select the best player when they might pick, having guys at other positions who just might have a better score on that cryptic draft board of Keim's :)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind cards trading up with NY to get Simmons.

We could easily be in cap hell before Kyler’s rookie deal is up. We need all the cheap labor we can get.

The Simmons dream is dead because he’s not making it past Carolina. Matt Rhule is a defensive guy who’s system is predicted on speed. Not only that but they lost Kuechly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose