DJ traded to the Texans for DeAndre Freaking Hopkins

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
So I'm guessing the DeAndre Hopkins' contract is as crazy as David Johnson's and we just added that to our cap, plus it sounds like we're giving up multiple draft picks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Houston ....... Self Isolating itself from the new playoff format. I love this.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WOW....DJ + 2nd + 4th next year for Hopkins + 4th this year.

Houston paying all of DJ's salary!!!

That is a very good deal for us.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is crazy. I have given Keim plenty of crap (for good reason), and I can't wait to see extension numbers for Hopkins, but Nuk is an incredible get. And getting rid of DJ is pretty incredible, too. Man, what a start to the offseason!

Way to go, SK!

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is crazy. I have given Keim plenty of crap (for good reason), and I can't wait to see extension numbers for Hopkins, but Nuk is an incredible get. And getting rid of DJ is pretty incredible, too. Man, what a start to the offseason!

Way to go, SK!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So I'm guessing the DeAndre Hopkins' contract is as crazy as David Johnson's and we just added that to our cap, plus it sounds like we're giving up multiple draft picks.

https://overthecap.com/player/deandre-hopkins/2208/

If this is right, Keim absolutely fleeced Houston. Hopkins is under $14M for the next three years with $0 guaranteed coming over to us. We could free up additional cap space at any time by extending him for 2 years (his current contract ends in 2022 when he's 30).

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Giving up a 2nd hurts, but Hopkins is well worth it. Great trade.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Now we can possibly trade down a few spots from #8 & maybe get that 2nd round pick back? Unless Simmons or Brown are there at #8. More than likely this means we go OT though, unless the one we covet isn't there? Oh the hell with it, I give up, don't have a clue, too many possibilities lol.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

https://overthecap.com/player/deandre-hopkins/2208/

If this is right, Keim absolutely fleeced Houston. Hopkins is under $14M for the next three years with $0 guaranteed coming over to us. We could free up additional cap space at any time by extending him for 2 years (his current contract ends in 2022 when he's 30).