Cardinals Trade for RB Kenyan Drake

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So. They’ve been on record saying they want $8-$10 million a year. Unless his agent sucks he’s not signing for “under 5 mil” before he hits the market.
If his agent said 8-10 mil then his agent sucks..... or that was an opening salvo and not a realistic negotiating number

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Then why invest your time posting?

I guess I wonder how this mindset can exist with anyone who bothers to spend their time here talking about the team.
Quite frankly I don’t care about your posting in particular so I take everything you say for a grain of salt. That would be my final response

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Drake just posted this on Twitter:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Unless I’m wrong, he can’t be signed until the free agency period begins at this point since he’s an UFA. Am I wrong?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Unless I’m wrong, he can’t be signed until the free agency period begins at this point since he’s an UFA. Am I wrong?
I thought you can sign your own free agents before the free agency starts
Is not what we did with Humphries?
We can re-sign him before free agency begins, as we own his rights until the league year begins.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can re-sign him before free agency begins, as we own his rights until the league year begins.

If they Resign him they have something cooking, dj restructured contract and a suitor for him
I don't think they want to have 20mil on salary cap just for the running back position

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope they resigned drake to a reasonable contract and hope he doesn't dissapeare after resign if they already reach deal behind closed doors ...

Really hope cards draft now good oline and bring in lber depth

What day does fa begin?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yes... and what's the problem?
I just find it silly to trash on Patricia when his first year of head coaching was better than our head coach's.

Especially when Patricia had 13 years as an NFL assistant with the Pats, has three Super Bowl rings, and Kliff Kingsbury has... a losing college record, and getting fired by his alma mater, with no other college head coaching offers.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you not see ours?
Jesus Christ, what is your obsession using our team as a bounceback trashing when critiquing anothers?

What the hell is does our coaching staff have to do with Matt Stafford & Patricia?

Stay on topic with the Detroit Lions.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Detroit fans are done with Patricia, but of course, Solar has to defend him when fans of the Arizona Cardinals critique him as well.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, what is your obsession using our team as a bounceback trashing when critiquing anothers?

What the hell is does our coaching staff have to do with Matt Stafford & Patricia?

Stay on topic with the Detroit Lions.
Detroit fans are done with Patricia, but of course, Solar has to defend him when fans of the Arizona Cardinals critique him as well.
The context of the conversation is that Drake should be "scared into taking less" because of the two other teams interested. That's a direct comparison to us.

Edit: Especially in Drake's case. If they're going to pay him more, which he is clearly stating he wants, that Lions team is closer to making noise in a bad division with the right pieces than we are catching up to the rest of our dominant division.

I m happy with kk and his staff (offense)
Solar is the contrarian so it's not something new
Outside of the Cardinals fan bubble, no one is compelled by Kliff Kingsbury. The odds of him becoming a successful HC are stacked against him.

I'm not being contrarian, I don't think he is an NFL caliber head coach, and I never have. Contrarian would be saying it despite him proving himself and having significant buzz.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The context of the conversation is that Drake should be "scared into taking less" because of the two other teams interested. That's a direct comparison to us.

Edit: Especially in Drake's case. If they're going to pay him more, which he is clearly stating he wants, that Lions team is closer to making noise in a bad division with the right pieces than we are catching up to the rest of our dominant division.

Outside of the Cardinals fan bubble, no one is compelled by Kliff Kingsbury. The odds of him becoming a successful HC are stacked against him.

I'm not being contrarian, I don't think he is an NFL caliber head coach, and I never have. Contrarian would be saying it despite him proving himself and having significant buzz.

Successful NFL QB = successful NFL Coach.

If KM proves good, what you think of KK plus 2-bucks will buy a cup of Java.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
After what Drake went through in Miami, he is probably going to be more selective. Don't get me wrong, he has stated that the financials are very important but I think he also has to understand the opportunity he has in this offense (especially vs a Detroit or Washington).

Now...if he is looking for a ring, there are much better options.

KK has already proven to me that he has what it takes to be a successful HC in the NFL (culture, humility, respect, agility/adaptability, etc). Yes, he has things to learn but I think he will.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Successful NFL QB = successful NFL Coach.

If KM proves good, what you think of KK plus 2-bucks will buy a cup of Java.
If KM can't outscore the other team all on his own trying to make up for the worst defense in the league that Kliff is basically hands off with.

Also, outside of Brady/Belichick, Brees/Payton, and Wilson/Carrol, what coaches are great that have a symbiotic relationship with their QB's success, and no others, or even saw themselves fired while their QBs were in their prime?

KK has already proven to me that he has what it takes to be a successful HC in the NFL (culture, humility, respect, agility/adaptability, etc). Yes, he has things to learn but I think he will.
I don't know how you guys can say this about a coach who won 5 games, and three were just-barely victories against terrible teams.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bad division? The Bears still finished at .500 despite not being top 2 in their division.

The Lions will not make any noise with Matt Patricia regardless of Stafford’s status because he’s a horrid coach who is ridding talent off of his team. Just another failed Belichick disciple. Hell, the guy tied against a rookie NFL HC & QB. Be damned of what he did as a assistant that Belichick clearly has full control over.

I actually want to bet that Patricia will be the first HC fired in the upcoming season.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Bad division? The Bears still finished at .500 despite not being top 2 in their division.

The Lions will not make any noise with Matt Patricia regardless of Stafford’s status because he’s a horrid coach who is ridding talent off of his team. Just another failed Belichick disciple. Hell, the guy tied against a rookie NFL HC & QB. Be damned of what he did as a assistant that Belichick clearly has full control over.

I actually want to bet that Patricia will be the first HC fired in the upcoming season.
The Bears aren't getting anywhere with Trubisky, you're definitely no Cousins fan, and Rodgers is getting up there in age. There's an opening there, compared to our division where all three teams have strong rosters.

Anyways, we're veering wildly off subject, we'll see what Patricia does this year if Stafford is back to health. The original point of my comment wasn't to argue how great the Lions are, just that given that Drake wants a ton of money, the Lions aren't worse off than we are if they feel like paying him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard