Streaming service sharing

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is a borderline topic to bring up, but I was hoping we could use this thread to network streaming services to have access to different services we might not be able to otherwise.

Services I subscribe to.

Netflix Ultra HD
Amazon Prime
Hulu

Services I would be interested in swapping
Youtube TV (willing to pay for half)
CBS All Access
Disney +
Criterion
HBO

Anyone willing to share/trade logins for streaming services?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, splitting youtube TV would be tempting. Does it have suns games and AMC? does it have DVR if you arent watching when the show is on?

I have
netflix
hulu
amazon prime
Disney+

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so it does DVR and I would save $80 a year from buying the walking dead but would come out of pocket $300 a year to pay for half of youtube TV.

Still a significant increase. Would allow me to watch suns games and all 3 walking dead shows, espn and more. If no one has it already, I would be tempted to throw down on that with you guys.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Some services do allow you to share up until a limited number. For example, I believe Hulu used to let you share with 2 or 3 other users. I could be wrong, but some of them actually have this as an official policy.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so it does DVR and I would save $80 a year from buying the walking dead but would come out of pocket $300 a year to pay for half of youtube TV.

Still a significant increase. Would allow me to watch suns games and all 3 walking dead shows, espn and more. If no one has it already, I would be tempted to throw down on that with you guys.

YoutubeTV actually has 6 different accounts that you can use, up to 3 simultaneous streams, and each use their own profile via Google, so you have separate watch history, DVR, etc.

If you do want to go half on it, let me know. It would make more sense for you to be the primary account holder, as I'm moving to CO and we might get their local Fox Sports channel instead. I would be willing to paypal you the money.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YoutubeTV actually has 6 different accounts that you can use, up to 3 simultaneous streams, and each use their own profile via Google, so you have separate watch history, DVR, etc.

If you do want to go half on it, let me know. It would make more sense for you to be the primary account holder, as I'm moving to CO and we might get their local Fox Sports channel instead. I would be willing to paypal you the money.

I had never considered it before but splitting the bill definitely makes it tempting. I imagine there is a tax too so it is probably actually 60 a month? I will look deep into it tonight after work too.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it looks like there is no contract too so worst case we could plan a 2 month trial and see what we think.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like I probably would have a third that has my attitude:

the deals sounds great but I dont know how much I would use it. Without a contract, I know I would throw $20 at a month and see if I find it worth it. Told him talk to his wife tonight and let me know if they at least want to go one month and try it out. Then it would be $20 ea.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like I probably would have a third that has my attitude:

the deals sounds great but I dont know how much I would use it. Without a contract, I know I would throw $20 at a month and see if I find it worth it. Told him talk to his wife tonight and let me know if they at least want to go one month and try it out. Then it would be $20 ea.

I'm fine splitting it three ways. Let me know. I'm just as cheap as you are. ;)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fine splitting it three ways. Let me know. I'm just as cheap as you are. ;)
I'm confident that I will say lets do it by tomorrow and set it up sometime tomorrow night.

also, at that point, I can probably set up my d+ to share and split with you too. might as well.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my buddy forgot to talk to his wife and will tonight. I'm selling him on just trying it for a month and seeing how it goes at $20 each for three parties. (I'm assuming taxes are involved)

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I believe YouTube TV would be location based off your IP. If you shared with an AZ resident you'd still get CO locals and regionals.

Also, I think YouTube TV does some modest password sharing enforcement and locations in different broadcast regions could get flagged.

Here's is the link.
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/youtube-tv-is-cracking-down-on-account-sharing/

I live in the east valley and share with a friend in the west valley and have had no issues so far since the start of the NBA season. But outside AZ would likely not work.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe YouTube TV would be location based off your IP. If you shared with an AZ resident you'd still get CO locals and regionals.

Also, I think YouTube TV does some modest password sharing enforcement and locations in different broadcast regions could get flagged.

Here's is the link.
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/youtube-tv-is-cracking-down-on-account-sharing/

I live in the east valley and share with a friend in the west valley and have had no issues so far since the start of the NBA season. But outside AZ would likely not work.

Thanks for the info. I might have to watch via PC and use a VPN.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@dreamcastrocks have you done the two week trial yet?

I'm going to find a third person without issue. I'm thinking I'ma fire up the two week trial and try it out one of these nights coming up.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't. However, if we decide to keep it after the trial though, it will want to be in your name, to be sure we get the AZ sports channels.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can try it. I will try it tonight and let you know.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I used to use Sling and purchased the Air TV Box that feeds my antenna channels into the Sling interface and is useable even without the Sling sub.

If anyone is out of town and wants to watch the Cards game on local AZ broadcast, let me know. The device only allows 2 streams though.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to use Sling and purchased the Air TV Box that feeds my antenna channels into the Sling interface and is useable even without the Sling sub.

If anyone is out of town and wants to watch the Cards game on local AZ broadcast, let me know. The device only allows 2 streams though.

I definitely do. I'm moving in 2 weeks out of state.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, no problem, I know trying to get local AZ sports will be a priority for your subscription.

I decided I'm not going to do the YouTube TV trial at this time. I have so much stuff to do packing wise in the next two weeks, I'm sure my TV watching will be slim to none.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided I'm not going to do the YouTube TV trial at this time. I have so much stuff to do packing wise in the next two weeks, I'm sure my TV watching will be slim to none.
I'm in no rush either. I'll let you know if I start the trial in the meantime but I probably will not just yet.

the walking dead is back on the 23rd so I will fire it up before then at the latest.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I use a friends login for:
Netflix UHD
Hulu
Fubo TV

I have
Disney +
And a ton of DirecTV content
my DirecTV logins give me:
HBO Go - or whatever it's called
Shotime Anytime
All of the individual channel apps like FX, AMC, etc.
and most importantly: Sunday Ticket Max

One friend uses the ST Max & Disney + and gives me Hulu & Netflix UHD
The other gives me Fubo for all of other DTV apps and shows.

Works out pretty good. I would recommend Fubo to all of you. Family plan allows 3 IP's to stream at once and has a really nice DVR setup.