ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not bad

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I would take it

not sure if Weaver is an OLB, or, slides inside -- at least on passing downs --but a productive player nevertheless

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1 Wills
2 Weaver

sign me up. Not sexy but two guys who just produce. I’d take the best RB on the board in round 3

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Oh...... They need a RT! Let's slot Wills there because he was Tua's blindside protector! Even though he ran for his life for three years!

I would be so pissed if we took Wills. His pass blocking is probably the worst of the top 3 OLineman.

Young, Okudah, Jeudy, Simmons, Thomas in that order. We should get one of them.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh...... They need a RT! Let's slot Wills there because he was Tua's blindside protector! Even though he ran for his life for three years!

I would be so pissed if we took Wills. His pass blocking is probably the worst of the top 3 OLineman.

I would love Young or Okudah, but we know they aren't a possibility. Simmons or bust!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I just feel the need to always remind people of my exact top 5. Someone will say..... "You wouldn't take Young if he was there!?!?!"

So that's why I list it. But yes..... SIMMONS!!!

I would love to have PP and Okudah back there at the same time as well. I feel that they might trade PP though if we drafted him which would defeat the purpose.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jeudy in that order. We should get one of them.
Fixed.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless they bomb the interviews/combine, it should be obvious that Okudah, Thomas, or Simmons will fall to us.

It’ll either be 1 of Wirfs, Willis, or Jeudy.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not sure if you are thinking of the right player. Wills has 2 sacks allowed and only 4 QB hits in 28 career starts. He's been dominant.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Bad take. Tua’s hip injury resulted from a whiff by RG Deonte Brown.

Tua’s ankle injury in the SECCG two years ago was from stepping on Jonah Brown’s ankle.

Tua’s ankle injury vs Tennessee resulted from being forced outside the pocket by a safety rushing a TE. The DT shedded RG Evan Neal to sack him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like @Dr. Jones just looked at Willis’ not-so-good tape vs Michigan & just made his decision there despite being absolutely dominate down the stretch in the regular season & had the best game-tape of any OL in this class vs Auburn.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
These mocks always base their selections on complete need and not the best player and why so many do not stack up in reality to the respective teams but they can get an idea when they might be available

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hopefully his train derails to the #8 spot.

I am really starting to think that having to "settle" for Thomas at #8 because the hype for Simmons or Epenesa or Brown explodes would be the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long time.

We are talking immediate starter, regardless of what happens with DJ Humphries. If he starts for us at LT at some point during his rookie contract, we are talking about a massive savings compared to market value of a good LT. If he is our RT for the next 5 years because we decide to sign DJ long term, we have a massive improvement in talent over Murray, are not paying someone like Conklin, and potentially have our OT situation locked up for Murray's entire rookie deal.

Out of all of the players being talking about for top 8 picks, Thomas might end up being the safest bet. He has a long history of solid play, against top notch competition. He is already good in all areas (even if not elite) and is not entering the NFL with a glaring weakness or area he must improve upon to be effective.

Thomas being BPA would force us to invest in the O-Line, which will NEVER be a bad thing if you are adding consensus top tier talent.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
You guys who think the Cards have a chance at Simmons need to start sharing whatever you are on. LOL

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You guys who think the Cards have a chance at Simmons need to start sharing whatever you are on. LOL
We're not even past the Senior Bowl yet, and guys we talk about today won't be top ten picks in two weeks. Guys who perform in the Combine will take meteoric rises into that area.

Where we stand today, 5 of the 7 teams in front of us need a QB, and it could be argued that all but the Giants are viable candidates to take one. 3 guys could qualify to be drafted at QB. Young & Okudah are probably going off the board before we pick. There's 3 OTs battling to be in the top 7, and Derrick Brown on the DL. Simmons isn't a pipe dream.

This isn't me actually mocking, but where we stand today, would this be all that surprising?

CIN - Burrow
WAS - Young
DET - Okudah
NYG - Jeudy/Brown/Thomas
MIA - Tagovailoa
LAC - Hebert
CAR - Remaining QB from above/Brown/etc.
ARI - ?

There's so many top tackles, QBs, WRs and Young/Okudah to muck up that whole situation. He's being mocked near or past us by plenty of people.

This isn't me saying that Simmons is my #1 target yet, but he's in the range of being our guy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're not even past the Senior Bowl yet, and guys we talk about today won't be top ten picks in two weeks. Guys who perform in the Combine will take meteoric rises into that area.

Where we stand today, 5 of the 7 teams in front of us need a QB, and it could be argued that all but the Giants are viable candidates to take one. 3 guys could qualify to be drafted at QB. Young & Okudah are probably going off the board before we pick. There's 3 OTs battling to be in the top 7, and Derrick Brown on the DL. Simmons isn't a pipe dream.

This isn't me actually mocking, but where we stand today, would this be all that surprising?

CIN - Burrow
WAS - Young
DET - Okudah
NYG - Jeudy/Brown/Thomas
MIA - Tagovailoa
LAC - Hebert
CAR - Remaining QB from above/Brown/etc.
ARI - ?

There's so many top tackles, QBs, WRs and Young/Okudah to muck up that whole situation. He's being mocked near or past us by plenty of people.

This isn't me saying that Simmons is my #1 target yet, but he's in the range of being our guy.
Giants are way more likely to draft Simmons before Brown.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard