The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Nuggets did an excellent job defending him. I watch Mavs regularly due to Luka being my favorite player in the league. Nobody this year or last did as good of a job as they did doubling and trapping Luka. It reminded me of what teams do to Booker.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still leading the team in scoring, assists, rebounds, steals and FT attempts.

No doubt Doncic has played fantastic for the Mavericks as he would for any team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play the 76ers on Monday. I suppose suspensions are coming. Nah.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think I’d suspend embiid even more for his post-fight antics. Just furthers the bad blood. And it was interesting to see Ben Simmons tackle KAT. He had him in a choke hold at the bottom of the melee. I’m sure they’ll claim he was just trying to restrain KAT, but that’s sure not what it looked like at the bottom of that scrum.

anyone leave a bench?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I’d suspend embiid even more for his post-fight antics. Just furthers the bad blood. And it was interesting to see Ben Simmons tackle KAT. He had him in a choke hold at the bottom of the melee. I’m sure they’ll claim he was just trying to restrain KAT, but that’s sure not what it looked like at the bottom of that scrum.

anyone leave a bench?

Embiid was the initiator in my opinion. Only some arm stuff with Towns and Embiid before that. It looks like Embiid decided to take it to another level.

The post-fight antics by Embiid certainly warrants some attention.

Simmons was certainly involved holding down Towns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More of hugging match

I'm interested in how seriously the NBA takes this stuff. This is more of a fight than I can remember in quite awhile.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm interested in how seriously the NBA takes this stuff. This is more of a fight than I can remember in quite awhile.
Probably a few players get a game or 2. Didn't look like any punches were thrown or landed and thus I wouldn't expect any huge suspensions.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a few players get a game or 2. Didn't look like any punches were thrown or landed and thus I wouldn't expect any huge suspensions.

Towns threw a punch that missed but Embiid took this to another level.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If suspensions were handed out fairly then KAT and Simmons would see the same length and then Embiid would see double, maybe, at least 50% more. I'd say 3 games for KAT and Simmons with Embiid out for 5. Might be more of a punishment for the Sixers if they said Embiid isn't allowed any DNP rest games. He must play in their next 5 back to backs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Embiid really wants that suspension, here he is talking trash on Instagram.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Embiid really wants that suspension, here he is talking trash on Instagram.

Yup. I would factor that in. He’d be digging himself deeper if I were disciplinarian.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. I would factor that in. He’d be digging himself deeper if I were disciplinarian.

I don't see how it can be ignored when punishments are determined. He posted the same message on Twitter but with a different pic. He's bragging about what went down. If that isn't factored in then the Silver has no balls.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kings are off to an 0-5 start after losing to the Hornets at home.

Of course the Kings are without Marvin Bagley.

The Suns could have easily taken a similar path after they lost Ayton but Monty has them competing.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

The Suns could have easily taken a similar path after they lost Ayton but Monty has them competing.
They have lost the 3rd quarter by double digits in all 5 games. They look like a poorly coached team that just has no focus after halftime.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I honeslty don't think Bagley is anything special. Looking at their roster last year from this year, the loss of Cauley Stien in free agency is probably hurting them more.

And of course, they brought in Ariza as a veteran mentor... we all know how well that works out.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have lost the 3rd quarter by double digits in all 5 games. They look like a poorly coached team that just has no focus after halftime.
Firing their coach after a season that most outsiders viewed as really positive made little sense. Vlade Divac seems to have some "eastern block" thinking in his management style.

Between Vlade and their owner, the Kings are probably right there with the Knicks as the worst ran teams in the league.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honeslty don't think Bagley is anything special. Looking at their roster last year from this year, the loss of Cauley Stien in free agency is probably hurting them more.

And of course, they brought in Ariza as a veteran mentor... we all know how well that works out.

I respected what Ariza did before he came to Phoenix. His attitude reminded me of Vince Carter when he was with us.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I know it’s early but the West is wide open. Outside of the Lakers, Clippers, Rockets and Nuggets it’s a free for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know it’s early but the West is wide open. Outside of the Lakers, Clippers, Rockets and Nuggets it’s a free for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers though, LeBron could have more injuries (i know anyone can in the league but LeBron is the guy with the glue, now has a bit of an injury history while being another year older) and Davis has that shoulder issue. I'm not sure if its the same shoulder as when he was with the Pels.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn