OT: Fantasy Advice

Who should I start?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Looking for some advice as to who I should start at QB. Started Brees last week, but he's on bye this week and I'm unsure who to start. My options are Murray (vs. SF), Minshew (vs. HOU, London), and Cousins (@KC). Cousins is projected to get the least points but he's been the most volatile the past few weeks. Minshew usually does pretty well, but he's in London so that may throw him off his game. And as for Murray, I'm worried he won't do too hot vs the Niners D. What do y'all think? Who should I start?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd personally go with Cousins in this scenario. I have Murray and Newton, I had considered dropping Newton for Carr but @iLLmatiC messed that all up this morning. I really do not want to start Murray this week but might have to. I'm not confident in dropping Newton for tannehill or Menshew.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d go Minshew, personally. He’s only put up one dud and has had pretty stable numbers.

Edit: he’s also going up against a Houston D that just lost Watt. Their D has given up a lot of fantasy points to WR this year.

KC can be run on and we all know that’s what Minnesota wants to do. I think it will be a similar game to last week when they played Washington with Cook and Mattison running wild and Cousins had no TDs. Especially if Theilen is out again.

I would love to say Kyler but with our lack of RBs it would not be wise to start him against SF.

With that said, watch Kyler and Cousins go off and Minshew to get hurt. Gotta love fantasy, haha.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I'd personally go with Cousins in this scenario. I have Murray and Newton, I had considered dropping Newton for Carr but @iLLmatiC messed that all up this morning. I really do not want to start Murray this week but might have to. I'm not confident in dropping Newton for tannehill or Menshew.

I'm an cornholio.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not one single vote for a transcendent game-changing QB? :shrug:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

I avoid playing anyone on Thursday night football. The games are typically wretched and unpredictable. With fantasy football you are banking on predictability.

Against a good defense and no RB who knows the playbook? Barf.

DYK that the average winning point total on TNF is 20? Hard to score a ton of fantasy points when your team, even in a win, only nets you 20 ish points.

Gotta play it safe IMO. The Jags own England games and the Texans love to give up long TD passes.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I am starting Murray....

I'm a bigger fan than the rest of you.

or maybe my other guy is on bye

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DYK that the average winning point total on TNF is 20? Hard to score a ton of fantasy points when your team, even in a win, only nets you 20 ish points.

Gotta play it safe IMO. The Jags own England games and the Texans love to give up long TD passes.

Yes I knew that, which is why I avoid it like the plague. I have Murray in two leagues and I will still be playing him in one.

I also know that Cousins has been a top 10 fantasy QB after week 3 and has a good matchup.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You know better. This is not the game that you expect him to shine in. We have new RBs who barely know the playbook, we are playing a top defense in the NFL and more.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You know better. This is not the game that you expect him to shine in. We have new RBs who barely know the playbook, we are playing a top defense in the NFL and more.
Sooner or later the boy has to step up and carry the team...this is the kind of game where that is supposed to happen. I started him in my fantasy league because i expect him to take that next step soon... A division game at home is a good time for it to happen

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose