Cardinals at Giants gameday thread 10-20-19

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winning these close games will benefit this team moving forward. It will give them confidence that when things are going bad, they can still win. For us fans getting our heart rate up lets us know we're alive.

yup! my dad and I were going nuts at the end of that game, but we'll take the heart-ache and W any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Winning these close games will benefit this team moving forward. It will give them confidence that when things are going bad, they can still win. For us fans getting our heart rate up lets us know we're alive.

Great stuff to go back and review on tape for situational type of stuff as well. Also known as teaching moments.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“I’m not in love with their run game” - Howie Long.... ummm, did you watch Chase Edmonds today dude?!?!
He probably watched the last part of the game where we went backwards on many run plays. I didn't like the way we couldn't get any yards when we really needed them.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I’m not sure Shurmur was on board with the Jones pick in the first place. Jones made a few great throws today and a few were drops. Kid definitely has talent but makes a lot of mistakes.
Yeah, it's clear that he has talent, but maybe just isn't quite ready to be starting just yet. Holds the ball too long, makes some poor decisions with his passes and keeps the ball low and in one hand in the pocket. He has struggled under pressure all year and that held true once again today.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I read about all this griping and complaining about how bad or average k1 was. I just can't believe it. NO - NONE, turnovers! He didn't need the passing game much, as our ground game was working pretty good. And this was in the rain all game where you normally don't throw if you don't have to, right?

Special teams did have a blocked punt. Defense played great. I don't care who we beat or how bad a team it is. We won. Bottom line. All that matters. We won. No major injuries came out of the game, that I'm aware of.

Way to go K1. Way to go K2. Way to go offense. Way to go defense . Way to go special teams .

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Saying Murray was outplayed by Jones is absurd. What an utter load of bull****.
Murray didn't have to be a wild downfield gunslinger today because the ground game was working great, especially in the rain.
Jones had 4 turnovers and let himself get sacked 8 times. Our line was good, but they still got guys into our backfield. Murray made them miss like an adult playing with kids.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I read about all this griping and complaining about how bad or average k1 was. I just can't believe it. NO - NONE, turnovers! He didn't need the passing game much, as our ground game was working pretty good. And this was in the rain all game where you normally don't throw if you don't have to, right?

Special teams did have a blocked punt. Defense played great. I don't care who we beat or how bad a team it is. We won. Bottom line. All that matters. We won. No major injuries came out of the game, that I'm aware of.

Way to go K1. Way to go K2. Way to go offense. Way to go defense . Way to go special teams .
Stating that Murray was not good today is not griping or complaining. It is an observation. It is ok.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
lets be honest: K1 had an game manager kind of game -- with a couple bad decisions impacting things

deep in his own territory with a 10 point lead, he could have thrown that ball away and just punted it back to the Giants. instead he took a bad sack that led to directly to the blocked punt

fortunately -- going out of bounds to stop the clock didnt come back to haunt them

he had been carrying the offense -- so im not apologizing for winning a game where he was just "ok"
Nor should. The best learning experiences in sports are those that don't cost you wins. It was a good day for the Cardinals.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stating that Murray was not good today is not griping or complaining. It is an observation. It is ok.
Kyler posted a 63.2 QBR (raw) 55.6 total QBR (quality of opponent)

It really says that the play calling in the 2nd half was really bad and didn't give him much opportunities.

Kyler is ranked 8th in the league in raw QBR now.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

He's a rookie... He didn't turn the ball over. He made more good decisions than bad - though, he made a few bad choices... as all rookie QB's do.
And yet, we won. In other words, he didn't blow the game or do things to cost us a victory.
Games like today will only serve as a terrific classroom lesson. Kyler will learn and improve because of today. And best of all, we have now won 3 in a row as he's learning... that doesn't suck much. ;)

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is complaining/griping to me when you said he had a bad game. My observation was that he did not have a bad game.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Running out of bounds only cost 13 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I mean I’ll take no turnovers over 4 turnovers, but I guess.

Yeah patently absurd to say Jones had a better game.

He held onto the ball too long and too a bunch of dumb sacks. His interception was really bad too.

I think Jones is the next Eli Manning/Matt Ryan...I said as much before the draft. He will be a good QB for a long time, but Murray is going to be special.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I agree. The game plan seemed to limit what Murray was asked to do, and it worked.

Murray was a game manager.

Chase Edmonds keeps making a case for more carries. He is a better runner than DJ at this point.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler posted a 63.2 QBR (raw) 55.6 total QBR (quality of opponent)

It really says that the play calling in the 2nd half was really bad and didn't give him much opportunities.

Kyler is ranked 8th in the league in raw QBR now.

I'm still pissed off with KK for the approach he took after we punched the Giants in the mouth in the 1st quarter. I don't care that it was raining. It's not like we were playing in the mud. He definitely didn't call a good game & handcuffed Murray in the process. Boring football.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm still pissed off with KK for the approach he took after we punched the Giants in the mouth in the 1st quarter. I don't care that it was raining. It's not like we were playing in the mud. He definitely didn't call a good game & handcuffed Murray in the process. Boring football.
If one played organizational football, I’m not sure how one can believe this.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yea I'm not saying we had to be throwing nothing but bombs. Its just we became so predictable that Kyler never had a shot to get in a groove or rhythm. Giants feared nothing. We were just lucky Daniel Jones was on the other side and not any other NFC QB.

Where were the rollouts? A play action pass deep? The mesh routes?

I probably wouldn't be as upset if it wasnt the 3rd week in a row we should have stumped an opponent but didn't.

Oh well. Glass half full....a lot of plays are now saved up for the Saints/49ers.