Falcons at Cardinals gameday thread 10-13-19

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Falcons 1-4

Cardinals 1-3-1

The Cardinals need to start putting things together on a more consistent basis.

O needs to score TD's in the redzone.

D needs to make adjustments quicker and not give up so many big plays. I don't know how we leave WR's and TE's so wide open every game, but it needs to stop.

Go Cardinals!

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Falcons at Cardinals

CB Desmond Trufant (toe), P Matt Wile (right quadricep) and CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson (groin) were all ruled out by the Falcons.

The Cardinals ruled out LB Dennis Gardeck (ankle), LB Ezekiel Turner (hamstring) and S Charles Washington (shoulder). DE Zach Allen (neck), WR Damiere Byrd (hamstring), RB David Johnson (back), WR Christian Kirk (ankle), P Andy Lee (right hip), LB Haason Reddick (shoulder), LB Terrell Suggs (back), and CB Trevor Williams (hip) have all been listed as questionable.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harry, thanks. It seemed that he would when we didn't add a RB from the PS. I do expect Chase Edmonds to get his most touches, today.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Getting back a 1st, 3rd, & probably more sounds better than getting just a comp 3rd, correct?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PFT:
The Cardinals have another week before they’ll see Patrick Peterson, but they want to make sure they do.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Cardinals are rebuffing calls asking if their star cornerback is available.

Peterson’s serving the last week of his six-game suspension this week.

The Cardinals are 1-3-1, and more than a player away from contention. And even though Peterson pushed through some offseason unpleasantness, he circled back and declared he wanted to be a “Cardinal for life,” and it appears they want to oblige him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's get a win today and then Patrick Peterson is back.

This is what Vance Joseph thinks:

“Your best player? Every down,” defensive coordinator Vance Joseph said when asked where Peterson has been missed the most. “He’s a special player. He’s a lockdown corner. When you have a guy like Patrick, you don’t have to worry about one side of the field. If they decide to attack Patrick, shame on (them).

“It’s good having good players back. When he comes back, it’ll make it easier to call a game.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...rizona-cardinals-stop-julio-jones/3959735002/

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ESPN Senior Writer

Cardinals WR Christian Kirk, listed as questionable for Sunday against the Falcons due to an ankle injury, is not expected to play, per source. But RB David Johnson, listed as questionable due to a back injury, is expected to play, per source.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
PFT:
The Cardinals have another week before they’ll see Patrick Peterson, but they want to make sure they do.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Cardinals are rebuffing calls asking if their star cornerback is available.

Peterson’s serving the last week of his six-game suspension this week.

The Cardinals are 1-3-1, and more than a player away from contention. And even though Peterson pushed through some offseason unpleasantness, he circled back and declared he wanted to be a “Cardinal for life,” and it appears they want to oblige him.
Too early to tell if they’ll move him. They’ll wait as long as possible. A CB injury at a contender could add more competition. They’re just playing hard-to-get at the moment but it’s a move I believe they should make.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still debating whether to start both DJ and Edmonds in my fantasy team since they are playing more together. I'm debating Edmonds vs Robert Woods or Marvin Jones. right now I have Chase on the bench.

My concern with DJ is he's never had this back problem before and he will get hit a few times and then have to go to the bench. As a Card fan I would feel fairly good about Edmonds in this one game, as a Fantasy Football fan I'm thinking it's unlikely DJ gets his normal chances.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN says at least 3 teams called the Cards recently about PP but were told he's not available.

The Jets are trying to possibly move Leonard Williams the DL and the claim is they're getting offers of 3rd and 5th round picks. I would assume PP would get more value than that he's a better player, but it's interesting to me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson