Kyler Murray Shouldn't Have been Our Pick.... Deep Hatred Thread

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He’s already had a better game than Murray has, and there isn’t a ton of talent on that NY team
Uhhh Saquon???

That factor alone will take immense pressure off a rookie qb.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
I got a chance to watch the Giants. Daniel Jones looked very good. Hate to say it but that Giant game is no longer a W

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Up in the air. what I do know is that drafting Murray meant not picking Q or Bosa and the defense just got shredded by Kyle Allen, of all
People
He also played like a stud last year against the saints.. but could we assume a Williams or bosa could have changed this outcome?. highly doubt it. Imo

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But the Murray fluffers (those claimed KM was a generational talent before a single pro snap) said he could outrun defenders and a bad oline was no matter for his style.
lol no said that ever. People correctly said it would give him a better chance than a Rosen. And I think that’s proven accurate.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
lol no said that ever. People correctly said it would give him a better chance than a Rosen. And I think that’s proven accurate.

Really, then how was he going to come out and slay it this year behind the same deficient oline that Rosen got clobbered behind? And yes, plenty of people said a big benefit to KM was he didn't need a stout oline to succeed because he could kill him on his feet or extend plays in the scramble like Wilson.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We should be looking at Trent Williams or the best OT in the draft this year because KM had a defender in his face all game.
Trent won't help when Kyler is sacking himself and running into blocked players.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Their OLine is many miles better than ours.
I really disagree. The difference is very minimal. Lots of JAGS on both groups.

Kevin Zeitler is the best by far, but Solder, Halapio, Hernandez, and Mike Remmers are average at best. Just like much of our line.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really, then how was he going to come out and slay it this year behind the same deficient oline that Rosen got clobbered behind? And yes, plenty of people said a big benefit to KM was he didn't need a stout oline to succeed because he could kill him on his feet or extend plays in the scramble like Wilson.

He's already done that numerous times this season. Today's loss is on the D. This is now the 5th time that I've had to share this truth. People, please listen. A defense that's worth anything will make a stop after their offense scores. Every single time THIS SEASON, after our offense scores, our defense lets the other team either have a long TD drive or a quick 60+ yard TD. That completely takes whatever momentum away from our offense & hands it to the opponents defense. Until we fix that. it's useless to blame Murray or the offense for what ails us.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
In his second year whose team is built around him

EDIT: Oh you meant the LB...nevermind

Either one. Or that Mahomes kid who the Chiefs traded up ahead of the Cardinals to get before the Cardinals drafted Reddick. This run of first round picks (Even if Murray works out) is unacceptable. It falls on Keim AND. BIDWILL ULTIMATELY

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Yep. Some posters had ridiculously stupid expectations.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really disagree. The difference is very minimal. Lots of JAGS on both groups.

Kevin Zeitler is the best by far, but Solder, Halapio, Hernandez, and Mike Remmers are average at best. Just like much of our line.
Zeitler, Hernandez, & Halapio by far crushes our OLine. Halapio would arguably be our best OLineman & he’s the 3rd best over there.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He's already done that numerous times this season. Today's loss is on the D. This is now the 5th time that I've had to share this truth. People, please listen. A defense that's worth anything will make a stop after their offense scores. Every single time THIS SEASON, after our offense scores, our defense lets the other team either have a long TD drive or a quick 60+ yard TD. That completely takes whatever momentum away from our offense & hands it to the opponents defense. Until we fix that. it's useless to blame Murray or the offense for what ails us.

It's also useless to absolve him of all blame. He's not playing well, simply put. He sacked himself. Literally. He wouldn't know what a pocket was if he read a dictionary entry on it--when there is a pocket, granted. He doesn't know how to set his feet, or throw the ball away. Now, he can develop and get better, absolutely. Right now, from what I've seen (I finally got to see a game)? He's not very good.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's also useless to absolve him of all blame. He's not playing well, simply put. He sacked himself. Literally. He wouldn't know what a pocket was if he read a dictionary entry on it--when there is a pocket, granted. He doesn't know how to set his feet, or throw the ball away. Now, he can develop and get better, absolutely. Right now, from what I've seen (I finally got to see a game)? He's not very good.

He's played very well. Our D hasn't. If you can't see his talent, it's because you don't want to. It's a long road back from the abysmal football we watched last year, but Murray is one HUGE step forward. You look silly to argue that.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Kyler IS a huge improvement and is the only reason we were able to score 20 points today with this offensive line.

With Rosen we would have scored maybe 3 or 6 points.

You guys seem to have forgotten last year entirely.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
it's useless to blame Murray or the offense for what ails us.

I can only pull league stats for 2 games because the week isn't over, but we are exactly the league avg in total yards and rank 25th in points. We rank better than that in points allowed. After this week I'm sure those numbers go down for both O and D. Better than last year, yes, but it's not like the offense can act like it is carrying water for the team either.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can only pull league stats for 2 games because the week isn't over, but we are exactly the league avg in total yards and rank 25th in points. We rank better than that in points allowed. After this week I'm sure those numbers go down for both O and D. Better than last year, yes, but it's not like the offense can act like it is carrying water for the team either.

Murray gave us 3-4 leads today, only to see the D give it right back. That only energizes the opponents D & takes away our leverage on offense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Zeitler, Hernandez, & Halapio by far crushes our OLine. Halapio would arguably be our best OLineman & he’s the 3rd best over there.
Halapio played 114 snaps last year (he did ok, but really) and Hernandez is an up and down player. They both grade in the 60-80 range at PFF which isn't the be all, end all, but it gives an idea. Sweezy has had similar grades this year. They are average dudes.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this necessary? I just got through a flame war over past posts about DJ Swearinger