Preseason week 3: Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings GameDay Thread. 08/24/19

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I was upset at Isabella but this is just preseason. If you asked me, Kyler had a good game in what is still a limited offensive exposure of what we will be running, not getting hurt and getting some safe reps with no turnovers... and removed from the instinctive brain fart of the Cooks run, our DL was a lot more physical

Yeah not a great performance by K1, but good. And if we hit big on Keeshan, but miss on Isabella, well, i guess we'll have to take that won't we Jet? :)

Also, surprisingly, the 1st team offensive line looked competent, with Pugh back in at G.

Still waiting for the DET game before I get too excited about anything, but if I had to assign a grade to the first teamer's (offense, and special teams) today, I'd give them a "B"

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah not a great performance by K1, but good. And if we hit big on Keeshan, but miss on Isabella, well, i guess we'll have to take that won't we Jet? :)

Also, surprisingly, the 1st team offensive line looked competent, with Pugh back in at G.

Still waiting for the DET game before I get too excited about anything, but if I had to assign a grade to the first teamer's (offense, and special teams) today, I'd give them a "B"

Special Teams were very good

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Better game in the first half today. Murray looked better. One big issue that happened on three different occasions was that we had a big play to get into the red zone or close to it, and very next play we had a holding call all three times. Drive killer. Run defense is still an issue. Special teams and field goal kicker was very good today. Penalties are killing this team through 3 games.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...

As a Murray supporter, we should at minimum hold Murray to the same standards as Rosen and likely higher

So let's chill on the telling other posters to shut up

Hopefully Murray turns them around

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He makes throws constantly off his back foot or in motion.

i dont think this is ever going away. In fact, i think it would be a mistake to try to get him out of it.

I think that as his reads come faster, the accuracy off that weird stance will improve ( btw: he was 66% for the game)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better game in the first half today. Murray looked better. One big issue that happened on three different occasions was that we had a big play to get into the red zone or close to it, and very next play we had a holding call all three times. Drive killer. Run defense is still an issue. Special teams and field goal kicker was very good today. Penalties are killing this team through 3 games.
5 holding penalties today.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not worried about Isabella. He needs some seasoning this year. If this continues into year two then it’s an issue. There are four other WRs that Will most likely be the focal point

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not worried about Isabella. He needs some seasoning this year. If this continues into year two then it’s an issue. There are four other WRs that Will most likely be the focal point
We will see Issabella streaking down the middle of the field just like today many many times in the future. And when safety’s are forced to respect that we’ll see him breaking off some crossing routes. His presence will open other things.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Is anyone else surprised at kyler’s speed? He’s definitely fast, but not as fast as I expected. He’s Russell Wilson fast, but I don’t think he’s Lamar Jackson or Vick fast. I kinda thought he’d be in their league.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Is anyone else surprised at kyler’s speed? He’s definitely fast, but not as fast as I expected. He’s Russell Wilson fast, but I don’t think he’s Lamar Jackson or Vick fast. I kinda thought he’d be in their league.

He didnt really have any scheme at all though. Reserve judgment.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hes faster than Russ, Russ wouldnt turn the corner like Kyler did.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He’s more explosive than Wilson. Nobody is Vick fast.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But he was so much more than “fine” at one point in time. Now he’s looking mire and more like just fine.

DJ looked a bit hesitant. But I think it's the preseason. Loved that screen to him where DJ released and Murray threw over the defender.

DJ is going to be the focal point of the offense.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Talk about embarrassment. Yesterday, I watched the game and today I read this thread. Read many that to me were spot on, but SO MANY that were just funny. I'll pick on two guys' posts.

1. Loyalty is a Curse. And I'm going to defend him. Sure he's not a fan of K1 and K2, but most of his posts just indicate that he doesn't know a lot about football. But I'll never ignore him, because he gives me a lot of laughs. A LOT OF LAUGHS.

2. Campos. If this thread were a horse race, "The What Game Was I WATCHING" stakes. Campos would be making a late charge, but Loyalty had too big a lead and won going away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose