Darius Philon Arrested for Aggravated Assault

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would also counter that the NBA and NFL are predominantly American players so the amount of violence that is in America may also be a factor. Kids grow up seeing violence have a good chance of being violent too

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I don't. I'm truly baffled. And it isn't anything new. Blenda Gay's wife cut his throat while he slept because he would continuously beat her. As for aggressive, don't know how old you are but in the 70's and 80's...well, the term "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out" was not just a pun. And I'm not trying to shoot anyone's answer down, just stating a fact. As for concussions, you're right and hockey players with CTE aren't killing themselves either.
Hockey is aggressive but it's very different demographically as far as I can tell. I don't follow it much but I never see gangster culture in hockey

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hockey is aggressive but it's very different demographically as far as I can tell. I don't follow it much but I never see gangster culture in hockey

I have it's called Alex Ovechkin.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Better watch what you're saying or you'll be branded a racist. That said, there's just as much of a thug culture in the NBA and you don't hear basketball players getting in this kind of trouble.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have it's called Alex Ovechkin.
Ovie is actually a pretty good guy. He really enjoyed being a champion. However, if you want knuckleheads in hockey, look no further than Sean Avery, Bob Probert, Kevin Stevens, and Dino Cicerelli.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better watch what you're saying or you'll be branded a racist. That said, there's just as much of a thug culture in the NBA and you don't hear basketball players getting in this kind of trouble.
The NBA has the highest arrest rate of any league.

I'm already branded by those who want to brand people. I'm not talking about skin, talking culture

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The NBA has the highest arrest rate of any league.

I'm already branded by those who want to brand people. I'm not talking about skin, talking culture

Oh, I agree with you. I'm just saying pointing out the truth will get you branded around here.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So was Philon ever charged? I haven't seen an update on this case in a while... the most recent news I can find is the TMZ report from October 5th with the video that doesn't seem to support the stripper's version ofof events. That article says that Philon had yet to be formally charged and that the case was still under review at the time.

Did the Cardinals cut an innocent player who could've really helped the D this season and going forward?!

...dave

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So was Philon ever charged? I haven't seen an update on this case in a while... the most recent news I can find is the TMZ report from October 5th with the video that doesn't seem to support the stripper's version ofof events. That article says that Philon had yet to be formally charged and that the case was still under review at the time.

Did the Cardinals cut an innocent player who could've really helped the D this season and going forward?!

...dave
Considering he didn’t play for anyone this year I think odds are good he was guilty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose