2019 Free Agency

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns haven't locked themselves into big dollar players over a number of years like the 76ers.

they will once they (hopefully) sign Oubre.

And the Sixers locked themselves into All-Stars and a great 4th piece. They locked themselves into being a contender for the next four years. I think when all's said and done we will have locked ourselves into being a playoff hopeful with a ceiling of possibly being a 7 seed if they resign Oubre (which they have to do otherwise this team will be firmly stuck in 30 win mud, IMO)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they will once they (hopefully) sign Oubre.

And the Sixers locked themselves into All-Stars and a great 4th piece. They locked themselves into being a contender for the next four years. I think when all's said and done we will have locked ourselves into being a playoff hopeful with a ceiling of possibly being a 7 seed if they resign Oubre (which they have to do otherwise this team will be firmly stuck in 30 win mud, IMO)

I'm fine with the core of Booker, Oubre, Bridges and Ayton. They are all young players with futures ahead of them.

The Suns will need to grow into a contender.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm find with the core of Booker, Oubre, Bridges and Ayton. They are all young players with futures ahead of them.

So are Tobias, Embiid and Simmons.

The Suns will need to grow into a contender.

The Sixers are already a contender. Thus I don't see why you think they might be screwed and the Suns might not have locked themselves into a position for the next three years either.

Basically, I'd rather be them than us and you made it seem like they might have put themselves in a bad spot.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have a good young core, they need it to grow and they need to hit on their draft picks.

If Ayton develops then they don't need another superstar, they just need solid players.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have a good young core, they need it to grow and they need to hit on their draft picks.

If Ayton develops then they don't need another superstar, they just need solid players.

if Ayton develops into a superstar... on both ends of the court... totally agree. Whether he has the "it" in him needed to do so, remains to be seen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are Tobias, Embiid and Simmons.

The Sixers are already a contender. Thus I don't see why you think they might be screwed and the Suns might not have locked themselves into a position for the next three years either.

Basically, I'd rather be them than us and you made it seem like they might have put themselves in a bad spot.

The 76ers are made to make their run now but I prefer Oubre, Ayton, Bridges and Booker over
Tobias, Embiid and Simmons long term.

I will keep the Suns players.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if Ayton develops into a superstar... on both ends of the court... totally agree. Whether he has the "it" in him needed to do so, remains to be seen.

Well, I don't know what we could have done today that would have made our future hang any less on Ayton's development.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 76ers are made to make their run now but I prefer Oubre, Ayton, Bridges and Booker over
Tobias, Embiid and Simmons long term.

I don't know how to say this other than I couldn't disagree with you more. Both Simmons and Embiid have already proven themselves ACTUAL game-changers and are still young where they can only get better.

Simmons is 22, Embiid is 25 and Harris is 26 and again they're already contending. Our guys are 22, 22, 23 and 23... none of them have shown they can actually change the teams fortunes and can't even sniff the playoffs.

Taking a core of young guys who haven't proven anything over a group who is also very young and are already contending and were within 1 shot of beating the league Champs makes very little sense to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know what we could have done today that would have made our future hang any less on Ayton's development.

Brogdon or DLo on the the team as third stars, with both being very young and still having the possibility to get better would have made us less dependent on Ayton having to achieve superstar status.

We're basically locked into a 2 star team for the next 3 years, IMO. The other two brought much bigger possible upside to give us a big 3.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kemba is a pure pick and roll player. He doesn’t fit brads system. That was the problem the young guys had with Kyrie he held the ball too long. Time will tell if it works but he has no one to pick and roll with. Boston lost Kyrie Rozier and Horford. They gained kemba, that’s a net loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kemba will fit like IT did. I think they'll be better than they were with Kyrie. Kemba is a more willing passer than either Kyrie or IT and he won't throw his teammates under the bus either. If they get Horford back then I could see them improving overall. Horford leaving will hurt them a lot though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to say this other than I couldn't disagree with you more. Both Simmons and Embiid have already proven themselves ACTUAL game-changers and are still young where they can only get better.

Simmons is 22, Embiid is 25 and Harris is 26 and again they're already contending. Our guys are 22, 22, 23 and 23... none of them have shown they can actually change the teams fortunes and can't even sniff the playoffs.

Taking a core of young guys who haven't proven anything over a group who is also very young and are already contending and were within 1 shot of beating the league Champs makes very little sense to me.

I value our players more long term and I see Oubre as a rising star.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how to say this other than I couldn't disagree with you more. Both Simmons and Embiid have already proven themselves MASSIVE game-changers and are still young where they can only get better.
Plus Harris is just entering his prime and add the experience and skill of Horford and PHI is definitely the favorite in the East.

I knew Brooklyn would be the preferred destination of big time FA's over New York. They got Kyrie, Durant and added Jordan to man the C spot. When Durant comes back they will be contenders to PHI.

I assume D Lo will end up in LA as I don't understand how MIN would have the cap space to sign him unless they find a taker for Teague.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Plus Harris is just entering his prime and add the experience and skill of Horford and PHI is definitely the favorite in the East.

I knew Brooklyn would be the preferred destination of big time FA's over New York. They got Kyrie, Durant and added Jordan to man the C spot. When Durant comes back they will be contenders to PHI.

I assume D Lo will end up in LA as I don't understand how MIN would have the cap space to sign him unless they find a taker for Teague.
A team that wants cap space for next year might take teague but as we've seen so far this free agency is unpredictable so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they find the cap space by trades

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors are trying to get D'Angelo Russell.

Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania

Sources: Nets restricted free agent D'Angelo Russell is a player of strong interest for the Warriors in a potential sign-and-trade. Golden State has searched for avenues on Russell, and is still evaluating next moves.

8:13 PM - 30 Jun 2019

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I value our players more long term and I see Oubre as a rising star.

I tend to agree. Simmons, Embiid, Harris are better right now, but I am confident that Ayton, Booker, Bridges, and Oubre will be better. I find it difficult to compare one team to another long-term in general, but especially when it comes to the Suns. They had no point guard and very few NBA players. I keep going back to the brief stretch where everyone was healthy and the Suns went for 5-5 or 6-4, or whatever it was. They were that good because they had enough NBA players to compete. Assuming they keep Oubre, they had eight legitimate NBA rotation players now and some old rookies who should be ready to contribute a bit. I also think people don't understand how good Ayton and Bridges are going to be. I honestly think Bridges will be the best 3 and D guy in the league and Ayton is going to turn into a 25 and 12 player within a couple of years. I also think people forget how young Booker is- he is not even close to being a finished product, and having a real point guard will help him. Oubre is also not done developing. Last season was his first chance to really show what he can do, and he performed extremely well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A team that wants cap space for next year might take teague but as we've seen so far this free agency is unpredictable so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they find the cap space by trades
I actually read a report that cited an NBA exec mentioning he felt MIN could not only find a taker for Wiggins contract but could actually get an asset for him. I guess if that's true then anything is possible.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WOW, who saw that coming. If anyone thinks the Suns could compete with Golden State for D'Lo they're delusional. This is completely out of left field also. While everyone worried about Minnesota and basically made Booker's trade demand for him, the Warriors swoop in with a deal to get him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things must have broken down with Russell and the Wolves if the rumors were true.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW, who saw that coming. If anyone thinks the Suns could compete with Golden State for D'Lo they're delusional. This is completely out of left field also. While everyone worried about Minnesota and basically made Booker's trade demand for him, the Warriors swoop in with a deal to get him.

It's a real surprise for sure.

I'm thinking deals for Russell must have fallen apart. It doesn't seem fair for the Warriors to get him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson