Ricky Rubio agrees to deal with Suns

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
He’ll be good for Ayton but thought his range was closer to 14-15m. Can’t complain though.

We thought that was roziers range. I think Rubio is better than rozier so to get him at a cheaper tag can be considered a win. Trust me I was ready to burn it down tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
We certainly could have done a lot worse. It's not Rozier, and its not Cory Joseph.

Yeah, I mostly agree with that... but only with the caveat that they are also resigning Oubre.

Rubio is pretty meh, but Joseph would have been gawdawful.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not like this signing.

He is what he is, and he is not good enough to be a starting PG for a playoff team.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I like the move. He can run the floor and that is what we really need. We have the shooters so not being a big shooter and scorer is not a big deal. He has averaged almost 8 assists per game for his career .
We were the worst shooting team in the league last year and lost Warren.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We assume it's 17 mil a year. Deal could be back loaded. Maybe not all guaranteed.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo was right.

Yes he was - but people will say he wasn't, because he was only mentioned as a possibility, not the favorite.

But he was going to sign with the pacers, and would have if they were not able to get Brogdon for a song.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We certainly could have done a lot worse. It's not Rozier, and its not Cory Joseph.

Rubio will pass the ball. Booker and Ayton will greatly benefit. Hopefully his defense can return to its former level.

Agree, that is the key!!! We need a play maker not another shooter.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It depends on who is around him.

Yeah, technically true.

What I mean is he is a below average starter obviously.

I really do not think he makes the Suns any better - I feel like this is wasted money.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rubio, Oubre, and Saric. James Jones filling roles. I am not going to get all out whack out of the loss of TJ Warren. We chose Oubre over Warren, plain and simple. I would love to have moved him without giving up a pick, but that was a second rounder and we do not need more young players.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Like I said, it could be lower dollars for the first year.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Get Oubre resigned and it's not a terrible off-season. The draft is full of question marks - Johnson/Jerome better not be total flops, or someone needs to answer for that. But get Oubre back and the team as a whole has probably improved, if not by an enormous measure.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Yeah - and they could not wait to replace him because he was by far their worst starter.
Conley is definitely an upgrade for them. You said Rubio couldn’t be a starter for a playoff team... but he was.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave