Toy Story 4

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Shaggy. Probably not that dark for you and I but the movie is aimed at young children and they may be a bit unsettled. Mostly darker characters than the other 3. It was even a little creepy for me for that type of movie.

Just saw it with the whole family. I could see it having some dark tones in one maybe 2 scenes but over all it wasn't dark. Pretty dang good. Loved everything about the movie. Entertaining through out and my 2 year now has another TS movie we can watch 20 times over and over when it comes on Blu-ray. He's a Toy Story fanatic!

I really hope they continue the Toy Story franchise with more movies. I know they plan on doing a few Toy Story spin offs on Disney+ and possibly short films, but I still hope we see a few more feature fiims. Toy Story 10 wouldn't be bad. :p

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I think the freaky part for me was the way the female doll acted to get what she wanted. I know someone who was way to close to her personality. It was a little freaky for me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw it with the whole family. I could see it having some dark tones in one maybe 2 scenes but over all it wasn't dark. Pretty dang good. Loved everything about the movie. Entertaining through out and my 2 year now has another TS movie we can watch 20 times over and over when it comes on Blu-ray. He's a Toy Story fanatic!

I really hope they continue the Toy Story franchise with more movies. I know they plan on doing a few Toy Story spin offs on Disney+ and possibly short films, but I still hope we see a few more feature fiims. Toy Story 10 wouldn't be bad. :p

Pixar announced no more sequels for the foreseeable future. I think the cast of Toy Story has also said goodbye to those characters. So I doubt it unless it’s an entirely new cast.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The beautiful bleakness...

https://www.salon.com/2019/06/22/the-beautiful-bleakness-of-the-toy-story-movies/

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pixar announced no more sequels for the foreseeable future. I think the cast of Toy Story has also said goodbye to those characters. So I doubt it unless it’s an entirely new cast.

I think you are correct. Perhaps there could be a spin-off with some characters, but I think things are done here. (Saw it tonight, btw. Thought it was well done.)

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I got to see a private screening yesterday because I do business with the franchise. Really liked it a lot. For a 4th installment I didn't feel like the characters or story lines are getting stale at all.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the family to see this. Excellent Pixar movie as always. Fitting ending for the characters. The way they ended feels pretty final to me. As much as I love these characters (my favorite of any animated franchise) I wouldn't want them to cheapen it (which I was worried about for this film but didn't happen) by revisiting these characters again.

If you are even am minor Toy Story fan it's a must see.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toy Story 4 Ever supercut clip:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The video is courtesy of Lou’s Cafe, a side project from actor Topher Grace.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was really good, but I don't need to see any more of these stories.

I really hope Pixar sticks to it's guns when they say no more sequels and try to go back to the Golden Age when they were hitting grand slams almost every time at the plate with that incredible run of Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Up and Wall-E. I'm not the biggest Up fan, but I know a ton of people are and the rest of those movies are flat out masterpieces. I think they reached those heights with Inside Out and especially Coco which belongs in that pantheon, but enough of the Toy Story, Nemo, Incredibles franchises and the less said about the Cars franchise, the better.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was really good, but I don't need to see any more of these stories.

I really hope Pixar sticks to it's guns when they say no more sequels and try to go back to the Golden Age when they were hitting grand slams almost every time at the plate with that incredible run of Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Up and Wall-E. I'm not the biggest Up fan, but I know a ton of people are and the rest of those movies are flat out masterpieces. I think they reached those heights with Inside Out and especially Coco which belongs in that pantheon, but enough of the Toy Story, Nemo, Incredibles franchises and the less said about the Cars franchise, the better.

Ive always hated cars for whatever reason. I thought it was okay but every time I thought the movie ended, there was 20 more minutes, the movie ended, 20 more minutes and it just kept going.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive always hated cars for whatever reason. I thought it was okay but every time I thought the movie ended, there was 20 more minutes, the movie ended, 20 more minutes and it just kept going.

Cars was really bad, IMO. Was pretty much a straight up remake of DOC HOLLYWOOD. The sequels were all about merch.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I like the first Cars, but I know most people don't. I didn't bother with the sequels.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 3-year-old certainly likes it. Cars 3 was actually pretty good.

I actually heard 3 was the best of the bunch, but seeing as I didn't like the first one and loathed the 20 minutes of the second one I saw, it's more likely than not that I'll never watch 3.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work for a large toy company that fortunately has the Disney/Pixar license. Jurassic World as well.

Most likely Mattel. Second choice would be Lego. Both have toys for those franchises.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose