2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You are not at all wrong to criticize the fans who cheered when KD was down. But I don’t really get why you need to blame the whole country and post memes calling Canada trash. Curry took a higher road in the postgame.

I mean, a lot of Warriors fans have also been Raiders fans, who have certainly cheered injury over time. We don’t assume all Californians are that. Anyway, the fans were pretty swiftly denounced and I assume most of the fan base is more than a little embarrassed.
Since it was half the fans, I felt the re-branding of their motto was/is warranted. The rest from me is hyperbole and until the finals are over (hopefully with Dubs pulling it off) my attitude is screw them. I was ready to feel good for the fan-base there and now I sorely want them to be crying and feeling hopeless. I actually like their team, I can't stand their fans now.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I've been doing my best to stay out of this discussion but I think some of those Raptor fans who did cheer had no idea of the seriousness of the Durant injury.

I believe many were chiding Durant... not the injury.

This of course not lesson the fact they did cheer.
Tim Legler had a great point earlier today--despite stating all Raptor fans shouldn't be labeled for 1/2 the fans action--on NBA radio, that if your first instinct was to cheer for a player getting injured, you need to take good hard look at yourself.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Tim Legler had a great point earlier today--despite stating all Raptor fans shouldn't be labeled for 1/2 the fans action--on NBA radio, that if your first instinct was to cheer for a player getting injured, you need to take good hard look at yourself.
Again, Hockey! I have seen mucho cheering when guys get injured on the ice. Why is no one seeing Canada, hockey, kinda their culture?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Since it was half the fans, I felt the re-branding of their motto was/is warranted. The rest from me is hyperbole and until the finals are over (hopefully with Dubs pulling it off) my attitude is screw them. I was ready to feel good for the fan-base there and now I sorely want them to be crying and feeling hopeless. I actually like their team, I can't stand their fans now.
“Half” - lol. More hyperbole. And lame.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
That roar of the crows was thousand of fans, anyone with ears can determine that. That wasn't some minor subset of fans in a single section of two or three dozen. Look at the video of about 50 people in a bar and more than half celebrate his injury and waive goodbye at the TV. Then look at the video of the thousands of fans watching the game in Your-Classless Park and you will again see about half the crowd loving every minute of his blown Achilles.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Furthermore, imagine that was Larry Fitzgerald going down in Buffalo and hearing the same thing. I'm pretty sure you would feel the same about Bills fans as I do about Craptor fans in that situation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Again, I don't think many of the fans who cheered realized how serious the injury happened to be.

For example, if Durant had leaped for a rebound and fell motionless to the court, I think there would have been silence.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Again, I don't think many of the fans who cheered realized how serious the injury happened to be.

For example, if Durant had leaped for a rebound and fell motionless to the court, I think there would have been silence.
They could use that excuse as he laid on the court clutching his foot. But, to me, where that benefit of the doubt is destroyed is the fact that the crowd roars louder as he was helped to his feet and visibly unable to walk on his own.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Frankly this is all hypocritical. Sports is the modern equivalent to gladiators. It’s become win at all costs. And we cheer it. Each sport may be lower or higher on the gladiator spectrum, but to turn up your nose and claim moral superiority is stupid imo.

MMA is virtually the pinnacle. People are literally cheering for two people to pummel each other. But not cheer for injury? What’s a broken nose? What’s a swelled shut eye? What’s a bruise? A cut? These are injuries. But they are accepted injuries.

Then boxing. Bigger gloves and different rules. Still rooting for people beating on each other.

Then football, rugby, Australian rules, etc. we yell deliriously at big hits and players getting blown up but cheer for an injury and you’re the devil. Again, it’s along a spectrum. Lots of the big hits that fans love result in cumulative injuries and concussions.

And in hockey big hits, and even fights, are cheered madly.

So basketball is lower down the physicality spectrum but it’s still sport. Win or go home. Play hard, no easy layups. Injuries happen. It’s part of sports. They impact whether your team wins or loses.

Baseball can be cheered for beaning a batter, or wiping out a catcher. And you gain advantages by these actions but please don’t cheer if someone is more injured than a bruise or bloody nose.

Look, I’ve looked down my nose at those that cheer for an injury, but getting all holier than though about this stuff is stupid in my opinion. Should spurs fans feel badly when nash’s nose went bloody Niagara Falls? It helped them win. I’m sure that I would have pooh pooh’ed them back then if they were cheering, but today I just can’t muster up that condemnation about modern day gladiators who understand the risks and get paid handsomely to face them. Do i feel badly on an individual basis? Sure. But I’m not going to castigate others for being less sensitive.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
VanVleet accidentally got a tooth knocked out, stitches, and nearly concussed. He laid there with blood seeping out of his eye. Perhaps there was a little bit of feeling by some fans that Golden State was playing rough to start? I know when I have talked to people at a sporting event I have seen on TV, somethimes you are told what moods went into that game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Furthermore, imagine that was Larry Fitzgerald going down in Buffalo and hearing the same thing. I'm pretty sure you would feel the same about Bills fans as I do about Craptor fans in that situation.
It happens with literally every teams fans. You don’t think it would happen with golden state fans you’re freaking delusional. It’s not fan-specific. It’s the individuals. And who cares what they cheer or don’t? It has zero bearing on the series or your personal life. Again I feel badly for the individual injured player, but I feel worse about the injury than the stupid cheering. And then I feel a lot less worse when I remember they are getting paid millions to play a game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They could use that excuse as he laid on the court clutching his foot. But, to me, where that benefit of the doubt is destroyed is the fact that the crowd roars louder as he was helped to his feet and visibly unable to walk on his own.

I don't think Canadian fans are worse than American fans. Maybe they will learn more about the decorum of the game after this.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't think Canadian fans are worse than American fans. Maybe they will learn more about the decorum of the game after this.
That's the word I was looking for, decorum. Decorum is different between hockey and basketball. You have a nation that hockey is their identity. They have that decorum deep rooted. When I was a kid baseball was king, and the decorum when a player was hurt was to applaud. Now we are arguably a football country. Different decorum. People are way more willing to get in each others faces now. I won't blame that ALL on football, but football is a part of that.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It happens with literally every teams fans. You don’t think it would happen with golden state fans you’re freaking delusional. It’s not fan-specific. It’s the individuals. And who cares what they cheer or don’t? It has zero bearing on the series or your personal life. Again I feel badly for the individual injured player, but I feel worse about the injury than the stupid cheering. And then I feel a lot less worse when I remember they are getting paid millions to play a game.
Are you sure you would find a very large percentage of Golden State fans are erupting in cheers for an injured player? Did that happen when Kawai went down at the feet of Zaza? The answer to that question is no. I’m not going to minimize what that large percentage of raptors fans did and how disgusting it is. I’m not going to excuse it away with the “but both sides do it“ type of argument.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you would find a very large percentage of Golden State fans are erupting in cheers for an injured player? Did that happen when Kawai went down at the feet of Zaza? The answer to that question is no. I’m not going to minimize what that large percentage of raptors fans did and how disgusting it is. I’m not going to excuse it away with the “but both sides do it“ type of argument.

you are STILL defending Zaza as not trying to intentionally injure Kawhi even though they knew he had a bum ankle and was trying to screw it up.

Your continued hissy fit, ESP about what the Raptors fans knew and when they knew it and ability to gauge half of the entire stadium "erupted" is a never ending source of hilarious hypocrisy.

But keep on crying. reading your continual whines is almost as funny as another one of your completely unfounded and factless comments that the Lakers got Kareem when they had 4 HOFs on the roster.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
you are STILL defending Zaza as not trying to intentionally injure Kawhi even though they knew he had a bum ankle and was trying to screw it up.

Your continued hissy fit, ESP about what the Raptors fans knew and when they knew it and ability to gauge half of the entire stadium "erupted" is a never ending source of hilarious hypocrisy.

But keep on crying. reading your continual whines is almost as funny as another one of your completely unfounded and factless comments that the Lakers got Kareem when they had 4 HOFs on the roster.
Nice side argument to wedge in because you don’t have a leg to stand on regarding Raptors fan behavior Keep focusing on Zaza.... You want to call it crying, fine. Just know you sound like a bitter jealous Warrior hater because they became the franchise you wish the Suns could be and likely never will attain. That’s okay, I’ll soak up your bitterness with a nod and a smile.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice side argument to wedge in because you don’t have a leg to stand on regarding Raptors fan behavior Keep focusing on Zaza.... You want to call it crying, fine. Just know you sound like a bitter jealous Warrior hater because they became the franchise you wish the Suns could be and likely never will attain. That’s okay, I’ll soak up your bitterness with a nod and a smile.

literally, no one here agrees with you and now you're just becoming a troll bringing the Suns into this. Kudos. And I focus on Zaza because it just shows YOUR clear hypocrisy in cheering for a team with dirty players who intentionally try to injure players.

and still waiting on a response to your FAKE NEWS claim that the Lakers got kareem when they had 4 HOFs on the roster. You just going to keep ignoring that Trump-esque statement to back up whatever argument you think you're making?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I can't stand any player who deliberately tries to hurt the opposition. You can find plenty of posts from me on the Cards board about my dislike of Docket for the same reason, I thought he was dirty and I was worried that his antics were going to get one of his teammates hurt.

Green is dirty and player like Zaza was nothing more than a hit man and should have been thrown out of the league... that Warrior fans bathe those dudes in affection makes their crying foul over the actions of other fans seem really thin, it also makes opposing fans very unsympathetic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't stand any player who deliberately tries to hurt the opposition. You can find plenty of posts from me on the Cards board about my dislike of Docket for the same reason, I thought he was dirty and I was worried that his antics were going to get one of his teammates hurt.

Green is dirty and player like Zaza was nothing more than a hit man and should have been thrown out of the league... that Warrior fans bathe those dudes in affection makes their crying foul over the actions of other fans seem really thin, it also makes opposing fans very unsympathetic.

bingo.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
literally, no one here agrees with you and now you're just becoming a troll bringing the Suns into this. Kudos. And I focus on Zaza because it just shows YOUR clear hypocrisy in cheering for a team with dirty players who intentionally try to injure players.

and still waiting on a response to your FAKE NEWS claim that the Lakers got kareem when they had 4 HOFs on the roster. You just going to keep ignoring that Trump-esque statement to back up whatever argument you think you're making?
Oh Cheese, the king of histrionics. Again , are you telling me you’re going to stop cheering for your favorite sports team because they have a dirty player on the roster? My guess is the Cardinals, the Suns and any other team you follow currently has or have had in the past a very dirty player on the team and yet you still wholeheartedly cheer for your team and celebrate their successes. So you bringing that up is complete bunk.

Again , you are trying to equate actions of a player with actions of fans and if said dirty player commits a dirty play that results in an injury that is a separate occasion from fans celebrating vociferously said injury.

I have already stated Zaza is a dirty player, but I also do not believe his intention was to injure Kawai. Again, players on every team in the NBA have someone who purposely steps in a shooters landing zone and you know full well why that takes place.

Next, I don’t care if nobody else agrees with me or not. That’s why it’s my opinion.

It is very easy to judge a crowd reaction to a players injury and again, that crowd had two opportunities not to cheer for the injury.

If you want to give Toronto crowd the benefit of the doubt for cheering the first time Kevin went down, fine.

Uh oh, I misstated Kareem timeline that must be Trumpian! LMAO.

You claim I have a bias regarding your side argument about Zaza because of my love for the Dubs while ignoring your own bias because the Suns are garbage and the Warriors not. If the suns had drafted a fantastic core and added an additional Hall of Famer you would not be crying and whining about it being “unfair” or “cheating the league” or being a “wuss move” by the player. You would be jumping up and down just like every other Dubs fan. You just hate them because the Suns ain’t them.

Clearly, the Warriors need Kevin Durant because —under Steve Kerr— the Dubs have a losing record in the NBA finals when Kevin Durant is not part of the team ( especially since they are so top-heavy the past two seasons).

If Dubs lose this series, the better team won. It certainly doesn’t mean I’m happy for those ******* fans.

I am content with 3 titles and 5 consecutive finals appearances. It made the previous 30 years worth it. If this is the beginning of the end of the dynasty I am thankful to have had a dynasty to cheer for. Perhaps you may get to someday and lose your irrational haterism.

#GoDubs

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh please. I can't think of any star player in the league who wears his hoodie more consistently, and more conspicuously, than Durant. He even has the hood covering his head when he's on the bench during games, most of the time. Are you trying to tell me he's cold? It's an affect, plain and simple.

Most of the team does it after warmups. With Durant like I said I think part of it is he's hiding his bald spot. I don't think he's trying to look tough.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Your holier than Canada shtick is lame. Get over yourself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard