OT: Does this take you back to your childhood?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
But that is all changing. Once electric cars are priced similarly to gas, have a similar range, and can be recharged in accessible locations, gas will be virtually over. Electric motors are so much more powerful and dependable. This should have been accomplished years ago.
I know. That's my point. It hasn't happened yet. My grandmother went from horses, literally, to automobiles. That's a huge change in your everyday mode of transportation. I have been wanting an electric car since the seventies. They aren't everyday yet. When we ALL drive them, then it will be common place.

Our whole electrical grid is technology almost back to Edison's day. We need a HUGE upgrade in the grid and electrical generation. Just as a national security measure, our whole electrical grid can be taken down by a few well placed dirty bombs. Which would send us back to pre-industrial existence. Just for our security we should upgrade the grid. We are still primitive in some areas.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think BC took it that way too but I didn't and I didn't think devilalum meant it that way either. To me, he was just trying to be playful but that's what happens on the internets, said are things that misunderstood will be.

Yeah, Im the oldest person at my workplace and some good natured fun is had at my expense from time to time.

I never mind but I also don’t want to offend anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just look to the left of my posts right under 'Contributor' and you'll see.

<---------------------------

Maybe someday you'll be a senior citizen. Remember this conversation.

I was four at the end of WWII. And I remember playing stick ball when I was 14 in 1955.

The year that Rock'n'Roll took over the pop charts.

But Steve is right. I am not "quite" as old as the original J.C. :)

Or the other
J.C., Jerry Colangelo (but close).

BTW, shouldn't the other J.C. (Sunsfan) have put this thread on the ASFN Diamondbacks baseball site?

You must be registered for see images attach

Have a nice day!
You mentioned earlier taking a class at ASU. Are you still going? I try and take classes all the time. I am currently taking Google classes on computers and networks. It's been a nice refresher. I keep encouraging the people I know to take classes just to keep your mind sharp.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think BC took it that way too but I didn't and I didn't think devilalum meant it that way either. To me, he was just trying to be playful but that's what happens on the internets, said are things that misunderstood will be.
Have you ever had experience with abuse, Steve. Their standard
comeback after an insult is"What's the matter? Can't you take a joke?"

That changes when someone does it to them.

I simply didn't like the tone of devilaum's post and said so. My honest reaction.

You mentioned earlier taking a class at ASU. Are you still going? I try and take classes all the time. I am currently taking Google classes on computers and networks. It's been a nice refresher. I keep encouraging the people I know to take classes just to keep your mind sharp.
No, I took just one course after receiving my Bachelor's -- Industrial Psychology. I had, a few years earlier,
reported to a man with a Ph.D. in that field and he passed away. I vowed that I would continue his legacy
in Operations, Customer Service and Administrative management.

It was one of the three courses I ever aced, which made me feel proud. As I think I've posted in the
past, for reasons that I won't go into, I have had an instant recall problem ever since I was a kid.

All through my school years, I heard from guidance counsellors, "With his IQ, he should be
getting A's and B's, not C's and D's." It took a real effort to meet my necessary cum average.

And I Iearned that getting grades is a combination of intelligence and memorization (instant recall).

OK, time to move on from personal info. I do it because I consider you guy to be friends.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That changes when someone does it to them.

I simply didn't like the tone of devilaum's post and said so. My honest reaction.

I wasn't taking issue with your reaction, it just didn't come across the same way to me. Obviously you weren't the only one who took it that way and who knows, maybe in a different mood I would have reacted similarly - but I guess because I've been reading his stuff for years that it never crossed my mind he intended it as anything other than playfully.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I wasn't taking issue with your reaction, it just didn't come across the same way to me. Obviously you weren't the only one who took it that way and who knows, maybe in a different mood I would have reacted similarly - but I guess because I've been reading his stuff for years that it never crossed my mind he intended it as anything other than playfully.
I think that I reacted because of the first two words. And I am Agnostic, so it has nothing to do with religion.

Also, I'm not a prude and, between a frat house and the military, have done my share of cursing.

Read the post with it, then without it. Each sets a different tone. It was the tone that seemed
to make it personal.

I'm OK with moving on.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that I reacted because of the first two words. And I am Agnostic, so it has nothing to do with religion.

Also, I'm not a prude and, between a frat house and the military, have done my share of cursing.

Read the post with it, then without it. Each sets a different tone. It was the tone that seemed
to make it personal.

I'm OK with moving on.

I found the comments towards you and the religious references offensive. Neither were appropriate.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no crying in baseball, I know that, but is there crying in whiffle ball?

I kid, I kid, I'm not accusing anyone of crying. I'm only making a bad joke to try to bring it back to the original topic rather than what we each take offense to.

We didn't play much whiffle ball in my neighborhood growing up but we played a lot of baseball with tennis balls as the ball instead. You could really send those sailing. They also didn't break windows as easily as baseballs, which is part of why we adopted tennis balls as our official "ball" because we all lost allowance a few times by busting someone's window.

We primarily played basketball though, it took less people to get a game going. That was the early 90's when the Suns really hit it big in Phoenix and backboards for houses could be spotted on like every third driveway with an independent pole and hoop set up on like 3-4 houses on the street I grew up on. Everyone played basketball.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A thread with such light hearted intent turns dark... man, do we collectively need some positive news or what.

How bout them Lakers?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playful at someone's expense does not strike me as "humor". That's just my view.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus Christ how old are you?I thought stick ball was banned after the end of the Second World War.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha hey I thought it was funny. c'mon we can't take things seriously all the time

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Never found that guy funny, but that is just me. :devil:
Not just you. Don Rickles and Joan Rivers were classic examples of kids we knew in school.

Not too much confidence in themselves, so their best defense became a strong offense.

Just a generalization, but I've seen many who fit that MO.

I love this philosophy. When you talk, don't listen to just what you say . . .
but, more importantly, to what they are hearing. :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I love this philosophy. When you talk, don't listen to just what you say . . .
but, more importantly, to what they are hearing. :)

But I forget what I wanted to say, and sometimes forget what you are saying! :) What was I saying?