How do you honestly feel about Kyler Murray?

How do you honestly feel about Kyler Murray?

• Couldn't be more excited and feel we may even have drafted a HofF QB

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Glad we have him over Rosen and am expecting good things

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • I'm on board with him, but still have mixed feelings regarding going w/ him over Rosen

Votes: 54 41.5%
  • Not happy at all having him as our QB, but will remain a strong Cardinal fan

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Hate that we took him, expect him to fail, and the sooner the better for all of us

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Don't feel 1 way or the other, but do wonder what he would look like in a silky negligee

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Not happy at all having him as our QB, but will remain a strong Cardinals fan... but voted for "Hate that we took him, expect him to fail, and the sooner the better for all of us" so I could continue being dramatic.
Lol

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I tell you what. The first time the Cardinals face a third and seven and Murray takes off and ducks out of bounds for eight yards, being anti Murray will be influx... the first time he rolls out and hits a WR for fifty yards downfield, nobody is going to care for somebody saying "you made me eat crow", which he will do more than once :)

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I tell you what. The first time the Cardinals face a third and seven and Murray takes off and ducks out of bounds for eight yards, being anti Murray will be influx... the first time he rolls out and hits a WR for fifty yards downfield, nobody is going to care for somebody saying "you made me eat crow", which he will do more than once :)
And what happens when Murray gets dumped over and over because a lineman misses or blows a assignment or he throws 3 interceptions or gets crushed by the defense how will he respond I'm not going to say He isnt good just the guys in front of him really have their work cut out for them

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And what happens when Murray gets dumped over and over because a lineman misses or blows a assignment or he throws 3 interceptions or gets crushed by the defense how will he respond I'm not going to say He isnt good just the guys in front of him really have their work cut out for them

I liked Rosen, I have watched tape on Murray. If you cannot see what Murray is capable of and are hell bent in thinking he will get hurt, there is not a damn thing I can persuade you with. Yeah, he might have a game were the throws three interceptions because he's a rookie and if so are we going to have to hear people chime on here and say "I told you do" pumping their chest for meaningless personal gratification? I am pretty sure he will have more games where he scores three TDs opposed to turning the ball over that many times... these arguments no longer seem like Murray vs Rosen but "I was right" and hoping for vindication, which I can say screw that crap and will now look forward to what we got

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I liked Rosen, I have watched tape on Murray. If you cannot see what Murray is capable of and are hell bent in thinking he will get hurt, there is not a damn thing I can persuade you with. Yeah, he might have a game were the throws three interceptions because he's a rookie and if so are we going to have to hear people chime on here and say "I told you do" pumping their chest for meaningless personal gratification? I am pretty sure he will have more games where he scores three TDs opposed to turning the ball over that many times... these arguments no longer seem like Murray vs Rosen but "I was right" and hoping for vindication, which I can say screw that crap and will now look forward to what we got
Btw I have not and will not ever "thump" my chest or say I told ya so I could have many 1000s of times I've seen the Cards over the years I just have a Super Hard Time seeing how his game translates to the NFL is all

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
On board but nothing to do with over Rosen like the choices written - it’s that I really have no choice, nothing against Murray - just first time in 63 years Cards have the #1 overall draft pick - and we pick the smallest nontypical qb, that has been avoided by teams in the 7th round for my entire life and beyond. Why say you?

Because we blew up the horrible staff the same front office hired last year! Historic fail - that I never had the distain of ever seeing before in the history of earth! That gutted our invested depth, throwing darts over their shoulder over and over trying to hit an ocean in a desert and missing by at least 3 galaxies! total and complete undefendable ineptitude on every level! Explain one thing one reason we should trust say:

Hiring a below .500 coach that passes 70% of the time because he’s an expert at an exciting pass offense and promised to draft #1 overall non typical smallest qb ever Kyler Murray. that this coach had pursued but Mr Murray avoided for 7 years! Until he the only choice mr Murray had was baseball or football! Top typical baseball player drafted #9 in the mlb draft.

So we have the only front office on life support, that would hire this coach in the history of the NFL - and let him draft his dream QB that nobody in NFL history would ever consider drafting as a #1 overall draft choice, not BA, Whiz, stallings, coryell, belicheck, Parcell, knoll, no coach or front office in their right mind would remotely consider this EVER! Not even Glanville!

So toot your horns, blow your party favors, fire works - stand there like a big stupid with cow pie on your face and defend our Cardinals- against epic odds - hell unimagined odds - there’s only one perfect fan and it’s not me- I’m tempered through the flames of adversity - first the Browns then our cardinals.

If we succeed - it will be a first that could never be repeated, kind of like Kung foo panda and maybe better!

Hell yes I’m in - Cardinal up and take it like a FAN!
SMUSHDOWN Kyler Murray
Think it’s truth, and other teams and ghosts are laughing at US! Can you imagine the busts in the hall of fame - spinning the Pottsville coal football 1926 trophy late late at night!

Which hof bust would be making our cardinal case- which would be our champion - which would enjoy this middle finger too the football gods!

Just one last point - Bill Bidwill never did this - even when fans cried out for it!

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

How about the first time Murray breaks containment, and finds a wide open DJ with no one within 15 yards of him?

That is another really awesome aspect of Murray's game, is that he is deadly accurate while on the move. Lethal. It's uncanny.

Some say "well yeah, he was throwing to wide open receivers a lot of the time".

They were correct, because he would evade a rusher, the pass coverage would break down, and he would deliver a laser beam to an OU receiver running free twenty yards downfield.

"Touchdown Oklahoma" will now be "Touchdown Arizona".

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Btw I have not and will not ever "thump" my chest or say I told ya so I could have many 1000s of times I've seen the Cards over the years I just have a Super Hard Time seeing how his game translates to the NFL is all
What about his game specifically won't translate? From what I have seen on tape he is very effective standing in the pocket, reading the defense and going through his progressions. Then when he is flushed out of the pocket he can keep his attention down field and accurately throw on the run. When he makes his mind up to run he has a lot of the lightning in a bottle that Vick had while having the elusiveness and ability to avoid big hits much like Wilson has.

Of course it is possible that he fails, but I don't think it will have anything to do with his style of play. If he fails it will simply be because he wasn't good enough for this level (I don't personally see this, but has to be seen as a possibility) or he was set up to fail by his team (also seems unlikely to me because he has a coach that should be able to utilize him fully to his strengths).

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not happy at all having him as our QB, but will remain a strong Cardinals fan... but voted for "Hate that we took him, expect him to fail, and the sooner the better for all of us" so I could continue being dramatic.
Hehehehehehehe. Well played, sir.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wanted Bosa, would’ve been fine with Q... I’m excited to see KM but people are going to need to be a lot more patient with him than they think.
Right because it will take so long for him to match the 160 ypg that Rosen was blessing us with week in and week out.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Hated the pick but will continue to be a lifelong Cards fan.They have made many picks over the years I hated.This just goes with the rest of them.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn