2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim has painted himself into a corner. This was the worst case scenario, they take a guy whom they could have traded down and gotten #1 and they gift SF arguably the best pass rusher in draft. I really thought LA would have traded up to take Bosa knowing he wasn't getting past SF, Ferrell was a reach, they should have taken Allen.

Now Keim has to trade Rosen but now they are at the mercy of teams because they have no leverage because teams know they can't keep him because if they wait until after the draft they get nothing for him this year. I would be surprised if ARZ got more than a 4th rounder for him.

Keim better nail the rest of these picks because our current OL is going to get Murray killed and we still have holes to fill.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim has painted himself into a corner....

Now Keim has to trade Rosen but now they are at the mercy of teams because they have no leverage because teams know they can't keep him because if they wait until after the draft they get nothing for him this year. I would be surprised if ARZ got more than a 4th rounder for him.
If Keim knew he was taking Murray with the #1 pick, he's been trying to move Rosen since before the draft. He didn't just take Murray and suddenly realize that he needs to try to trade Rosen. Every team that's taken a QB so far could've traded for Rosen instead, and no one wanted him.

If he goes for a 4th, that's all anyone thought he was worth. Before OR after the draft.

His value MIGHT go up if a projected starter gets hurt before or early in the season - if the Cardinals are willing to keep both QBs on the team through the offseason.

Hoping for a 2nd....

...dbs

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If Keim knew he was taking Murray with the #1 pick, he's been trying to move Rosen since before the draft. He didn't just take Murray and suddenly realize that he needs to try to trade Rosen. Every team that's taken a QB so far could've traded for Rosen instead, and no one wanted him.

If he goes for a 4th, that's all anyone thought he was worth. Before OR after the draft.

His value MIGHT go up if a projected starter gets hurt before or early in the season - if the Cardinals are willing to keep both QBs on the team through the offseason.

Hoping for a 2nd....

...dbs
Amen, Dave. Thank his someone else gets this. Thankfully it’s the smartest guy on this board (and if you don’t think Daves is the smartest guy on this board it’s bc you don’t know him - he’s the only thing standing between all of us and Skynet).

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amen, Dave. Thank his someone else gets this. Thankfully it’s the smartest guy on this board (and if you don’t think Daves is the smartest guy on this board it’s bc you don’t know him - he’s the only thing standing between all of us and Skynet).
Thanks Ouchie! I dunno about smartest on the board - but i try to be the voice of reason. Seems as though tribalism and "certainty" about a situation that's inherently filled with uncertainty have taken over... much as they seem to be doing in other aspects of life. You're one of the few here who had what i thought was a rational outlook before today, and now.

...dave

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You're a moron. Dave is skynet.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score

Hoping for a 2nd....

...dbs
1. No one knows what Keim has been doing. Didn't they just say they hadn't made a decision up until a couple of days ago?
2. Every team that's taken a QB could have traded for Rosen but we don't know what the Cardinals were demanding in return. So, we don't really know that they could have traded for him.
3. Whatever Rosen goes for, if traded, does not mean that is what a team thought he was worth. It means that is what they thought they could get him for.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh god . . . I never considered Dave might be a cyborg . . . It all makes sense now . . .

how could you not?! Dave hasn't aged a freaking day in the 15 years I've known him and STILL looks AT LEAST ten years younger than he actually is.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
I would have preferred to stay the course with Rosen but I am an AZ Cardinals fan first so I will support Murray as my franchise QB. I really hope that Murray proves all his doubters wrong and leads us to the promised land. I don't envy his position one bit because he is going to have the weight of the world on his shoulders and will be doing so for the worst team in the NFL with an exciting but questionable rookie HC. That said, I'm cautiously optimistic and I look forward to seeing how this plays out. We better get him some weapons and OL help in this draft, no excuses.

On the Rosen side of things, this is difficult and depressing. I know this is a business and that he's been paid but at the end of the day, Josh is a human being just like me or anyone else here. So I feel for him and he definitely deserved better than being set up to fail and then made into an after thought after only one season. I admire his professionalism on this matter, his toughness that he showed despite all the beatings he endured and his competitive spirit throughout this past year. So I hope that we trade him ASAP and don't try to drag on this situation any further than it needs to be. It is already a toxic situation and we need to move past this quickly not only for Josh's sake but for Kyler's as well. We cannot go into next season with a divided locker room and the circus that comes with that.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I respect Keim for having the balls to follow his conviction...Don’t know that he was this brave even a year ago. He’s finally playing to win the game instead of playing to not lose.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. No one knows what Keim has been doing. Didn't they just say they hadn't made a decision up until a couple of days ago?
2. Every team that's taken a QB could have traded for Rosen but we don't know what the Cardinals were demanding in return. So, we don't really know that they could have traded for him.
3. Whatever Rosen goes for, if traded, does not mean that is what a team thought he was worth. It means that is what they thought they could get him for.
The contention by many is that Keim could've got more for Rosen before the draft, but NOW his value is plummeting.

1. If Keim hadn't decided to pick Murray until a right before the pick was made, how could he have offered Rosen in trade before the draft? Whenever the decision was made, how do any of us know he didn't try to trade him before today? Frankly, the idea that he didn't is preposterous.

2. You can't simultaneously criticize Keim for holding out for more than teams were offering - then criticize him for not getting enough for him. It seems beyond obvious at this point that no team was willing to give up a 1st round pick. It made sense to see how the draft fell and whether any team would increase its offer during the draft, based on desired players being taken when their picks came up. Obviously that didn't happen. If Keim was holding out for a 1st and didn't get it... well, here we are at the top of the 2nd, and if he was offered a 2nd, he may still get a 2nd. If he was offered a 3rd, he can hold out hope that a team will decide to pony up a 2nd tomorrow. If not... at no point in this process is Keim getting less for Rosen than he would have had he "tried harder" to trade him before today.

3. This goes without saying for every trade. It was true before today, and it will be true tomorrow, and for the rest of time. The only hope of getting more was for a team to get panicky after seeing a desired prospect go off the board. That didn't happen, so they will get for Rosen what teams think they can get him for.

Criticize Keim all you want for picking Rosen last year (even though those who are most critical are the ones who have been singing Rosen's praises all along). Criticize him if you think Murray was a terrible pick. But it makes no sense to criticize him for squandering Rosen's value. Rosen did that on the field last season.

...dbs

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how could you not?! Dave hasn't aged a freaking day in the 15 years I've known him and STILL looks AT LEAST ten years younger than he actually is.
Wow, it's a real Dave fest here today! :thewave: While everything you and your brother have said here today is true, we should all recall that you and your bro have also called me an idiot and incredibly dumb! :biglaugh: :cheers:

...dave

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose