Kyler Murray No-Shows at Draft Charity Event

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
It's funny anyone thinking anyone would dump the team if the draft doesn't go their way.

After suffering with this team since 1988 no way would I stop watching because they dumped Rosen and drafted Murray. I wanted Moss or Woodson when we drafted Wadsworth, I wanted Suggs when we traded down, I wanted Peterson when we drafted Brown....still stuck with the team then and now would be no different. I just will think it is a dumb decision until proven wrong.
Suffering since 1988? Try 1973, it's been a rough journey. ...

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Found this article interesting. Not liking the process on Monday to Saturday is concerning especially when you get to the NFL where it can mean the difference between a win and a loss.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...t-league-execs-scouts-coaches-assess-qb-class

As every scout who hit Oklahoma over the past couple years already knows, Mayfield and Murray are different players and people. "Baker has an elite skill, and that's accuracy. And Kyler's accurate, but not anywhere near Baker," said a quarterbacks coach who studied both players. "Baker's like a gym rat, everybody loves him, competitor. Kyler -- I don't think he's a big film football guy. He's just like, Hey, I'll do what the coaches say and I'll go make plays. But now, his skills, his f---ing film -- unreal." Scouts who went through OU last fall weren't surprised by the relative low energy of Murray's combine interviews, which reflected his quieter leadership style. "He's consistent," an NFC scout said. "He is who he is. He doesn't say a lot, but it's not a bad thing." Still, some were left with questions about whether Murray understands how difficult it is to be an elite NFL quarterback. "I'd be scared to death to take him," said an offensive coordinator who has met with Murray and done background work on him. "Now, he's a really good player. But he doesn't know what he doesn't know. He does not like the process of Monday to Saturday. He loves Sunday." I covered the question of Murray's baseball career, how he'll respond to adversity and his father's role in his decision-making process back in February. Only time will tell with regard to how all that plays out.

In terms of pure football ability, though? "He can throw the ball accurately at all three levels. He's rare in terms of his elusiveness and quickness," an AFC scout said. "He shows enough of being able to do it, but the guy he took over for was a little bit more polished. There's times he's reading the wrong side of the field and you wonder how much he really understands the whole picture of coverages and being able to set protections. He's behind a couple guys in terms of the football IQ. But the physical tools are there."

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
You are a loser. I think Rosen is average at best, but I don't call him names even though he's a flop. I can't wait to see you stuck with your mancrush username when Murray is the pick :biglaugh:

Ive seen you throw plenty of names out there about Rosen. But i dont really care if you do. Its your opinion though so its whatever. You know nothing of Rosen or what he will end up being, or Murray for that matter. And if Murray is not the pick? I'll still be here and at the big toaster week 1. My god your sensitive though lol

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I guess that's where the 52 in your username comes in. The oldest players I can remember were :Jim Hart, Jim Otis, Terry Metcalf, Roger Wehrli, Mel Gray etc. I still have all their football cards. I was pissed when they left St. Louis

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Found this article interesting.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...t-league-execs-scouts-coaches-assess-qb-class

As every scout who hit Oklahoma over the past couple years already knows, Mayfield and Murray are different players and people. "Baker has an elite skill, and that's accuracy. And Kyler's accurate, but not anywhere near Baker," said a quarterbacks coach who studied both players. "Baker's like a gym rat, everybody loves him, competitor. Kyler -- I don't think he's a big film football guy. He's just like, Hey, I'll do what the coaches say and I'll go make plays. But now, his skills, his f---ing film -- unreal." Scouts who went through OU last fall weren't surprised by the relative low energy of Murray's combine interviews, which reflected his quieter leadership style. "He's consistent," an NFC scout said. "He is who he is. He doesn't say a lot, but it's not a bad thing." Still, some were left with questions about whether Murray understands how difficult it is to be an elite NFL quarterback. "I'd be scared to death to take him," said an offensive coordinator who has met with Murray and done background work on him. "Now, he's a really good player. But he doesn't know what he doesn't know. He does not like the process of Monday to Saturday. He loves Sunday." I covered the question of Murray's baseball career, how he'll respond to adversity and his father's role in his decision-making process back in February. Only time will tell with regard to how all that plays out.

In terms of pure football ability, though? "He can throw the ball accurately at all three levels. He's rare in terms of his elusiveness and quickness," an AFC scout said. "He shows enough of being able to do it, but the guy he took over for was a little bit more polished. There's times he's reading the wrong side of the field and you wonder how much he really understands the whole picture of coverages and being able to set protections. He's behind a couple guys in terms of the football IQ. But the physical tools are there."

Fair a legitimate questions by people in the game.
Getting by on athletic ability without understanding the whole picture doesn`t bode well for longterm success.never heard a Qb say that the NFl was a Sunday only job.Preparation makes a difference.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are a loser. I think Rosen is average at best, but I don't call him names even though he's a flop. I can't wait to see you stuck with your mancrush username when Murray is the pick :biglaugh:

I am only going to warn you once about calling someone a loser or other direct attacks like this.

It's the day before the draft and I don't want to ban anyone so please keep it to a dull heat instead of a flame war

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It’s amazing to me that all you have to do is not be a prick or smoke marijuana for about one year and you won’t cost yourself a fortune. I hope this guy drops like a rock if we pass on him.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I guess that's where the 52 in your username comes in. The oldest players I can remember were :Jim Hart, Jim Otis, Terry Metcalf, Roger Wehrli, Mel Gray etc. I still have all their football cards. I was pissed when they left St. Louis

My favorites where larry Wilson,John David Crow,Sonny Randle,Charlie Johnson,jackie Smith,Bobby Joe Conrad then when Johnny Roland was drafted in 66 I think I thought he was going to be the next great Rb.Then he torn his knee and was never the same.Solid but never a star again.My brother and I collected baseball and football cards fro the late 50`s till 68-69 and when I went to college and my brother went in the service my stepdad threw all of them away.We still tease him about throwing them away.Lots of big money Cards got tossed.
I still had the article from larry Wilsons retirement after 72 season until flooded basement ruined a bunch of old sports books and stuff several years back.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world, we keep Rosen, I am absolutely wrong about his future, and the Cards win a Superbowl behind a better than average young QB and a great defense.

So at my heart I root for Rosen to be great as long as he is a Cardinal. My mind tells me my heart is crazy :)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Also, you said “crowd.” Is there anyone else that wants Rosen to fail? Or is this just more hyperbole?

There is plenty of dislike of Rosen for whatever reason, just go and look yourself. I don’t need to do research for you

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
POISON and azsouthendzone strike me as posters that must have lost their girlfriends to Rosen or something. It's pretty bad vitriol.
Still. I don’t recall them explicitly stating they want Rosen to fail. I’ll acquiesce if someone can quote them, but otherwise I’m assuming this is more putting words in others mouths.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz