Miller once again does it again!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Poor Will Wade.

I have no idea what’s going on anymore. Yahoo at least referenced specific conversations whereas Schlabach said they “discussed payments”.

Why is this happening now? Why hasn’t there been more on Miller? Should Miller be worried since he and Wade were the only head coaches subpoenaed?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
And now the charges against Book regarding him paying Quinnerly have been dropped. In other words, there's proof that Book pocketed the money.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
And now the charges against Book regarding him paying Quinnerly have been dropped. In other words, there's proof that Book pocketed the money.

And Miller is here next year with his recruiting class. As far as I am concerned, next season begins after the PAC 12 tournament.

TJ

Reaction score
This whole thing has been a complete sh*t show start to finish.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Let Book be an idiot. It's becoming more difficult for people to point at Miller or the school for any wrongdoing.

They should have pulled the plug on Book when he was hanging out with “ACE” Thakore

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Do the Cats have glitter numbers on their uniforms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Next week is going to be fun.

From what you read online the recordings and or evidence Haney is referring to probably won't even be played to the jury because the judge ruled it's irrelevant.

If true unless the NCAA has some deal to get access to that evidence, I can't see anything happening to Arizona or LSU.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
From what you read online the recordings and or evidence Haney is referring to probably won't even be played to the jury because the judge ruled it's irrelevant.

If true unless the NCAA has some deal to get access to that evidence, I can't see anything happening to Arizona or LSU.

At the same time, if it's true, Miller needs to be fired on principle. The school needs to get its hands on the "evidence", IF it exists.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the same time, if it's true, Miller needs to be fired on principle. The school needs to get its hands on the "evidence", IF it exists.

If you read the Daily Star there's some stuff in there from the defense attorney saying they have Miller and Dawkins on tape talking about Ayton. But he doesn't say what they are talking about. So all these reports the last year plus that Schlabach confused Ayton and Brian Bowen were clearly wrong, he clearly was told correctly that Miller is on tape with Dawkins about Ayton.

We just don't know what was said, is it what Schlabach reported discussing money, is it that Dawkins wanted to be Ayton's agent, asked Miller to help, and then Miller either turned him down(not a violation) or agreed to help him(a violation)? Haney was talking about that conversation when he said you will have to be here to hear it for yourself.

I would agree if Miller broke the rules and Arizona found out about it they'd have to fire him because it would mean he repeatedly directly lied to them when asked about it before. But I don't think we have any idea yet if that's what's on this tape, and if the judge won't let them play it, then the only way we ever find out is if the NCAA gets ahold of it.

Right now my inclination is nothing big is going to happen. The government argued that their testimony was only being used to garner sympathy from the jury and the judge agreed it's not relevant. So I can't see why he would allow Haney to play this tape either?

TJ

Reaction score

The school knows what’s on the tapes already. If there’s anything incriminating, Miller wouldve been gone a long time ago

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The school knows what’s on the tapes already. If there’s anything incriminating, Miller wouldve been gone a long time ago

So Dawkins' attorney is lying to the Court? If so, he should be disbarred.

TJ

Reaction score
So Dawkins' attorney is lying to the Court? If so, he should be disbarred.

Don’t know about being disbarred, but he’s a giant idiot trying a case he’s going to lose for his client. I wouldn’t hire this clown to fight a speeding ticket.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don’t know about being disbarred, but he’s a giant idiot trying a case he’s going to lose for his client. I wouldn’t hire this clown to fight a speeding ticket.

As an attorney, I can yell you that knowingly lying to a court (or other tribunal) or fabricating or misrepresenting evidence to a court is ground for disbarment.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Miller will get something under the “institutional control” stipulation. I’m guessing a fine/suspension and possibly vacated games when Rawle was here.

Everyone kinda laughed at the “victim” label given by the FBI. It’s probably the wrong word to use but it feels like they’re really trying to make Miller look like one at times. They raided his house, had him on many tapes and brought nothing against him. Now they’re trying to keep him out of the trial.

I do wonder if Miller would open up about this situation once the legal stuff is over but I doubt it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do find it amusing the way Arizona sites are representing Haney as a complete moron who knows absolutely nothing about how the system works. Haney grew up in Lansing Michigan, had an older friend named Earvin Johnson(that one). Played college ball at Loyola Marymount, left midway throught the first year of Paul Westhead. Wound up at San Jose State where he was a roommate of Rickey Berry and then on the team that mutinied and walked off in protest of verbal abuse by head coach Bill Berry. He tried to play pro ball, didn't make it, became a lawyer, became a licensed NBA agent, actually at one point represented both Magic and Dominique Wilkins(as a lawyer not an agent apparently). He ran an AAU program.

I don't know why he didn't have Dawkins take a plea deal but if you actually read about the guy he CLEARLY knows how the system works, he apparently just believed he could expose that and it would help Dawkins in the case but the judges aren't interested because it's not what they're trying in the cases. After the first case ended Haney was asked if it was a factor that the jury didn't understand a thing about how basketball works and he said sure but it's a jury, there's nothing you can do about that.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if when all 3 trials are over, he just releases stuff on his own if he doesn't get the chance to do so through the trials. Seems like he may have a bit of a vendetta against the system.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I do find it amusing the way Arizona sites are representing Haney as a complete moron who knows absolutely nothing about how the system works. Haney grew up in Lansing Michigan, had an older friend named Earvin Johnson(that one). Played college ball at Loyola Marymount, left midway throught the first year of Paul Westhead. Wound up at San Jose State where he was a roommate of Rickey Berry and then on the team that mutinied and walked off in protest of verbal abuse by head coach Bill Berry. He tried to play pro ball, didn't make it, became a lawyer, became a licensed NBA agent, actually at one point represented both Magic and Dominique Wilkins(as a lawyer not an agent apparently). He ran an AAU program.

I don't know why he didn't have Dawkins take a plea deal but if you actually read about the guy he CLEARLY knows how the system works, he apparently just believed he could expose that and it would help Dawkins in the case but the judges aren't interested because it's not what they're trying in the cases. After the first case ended Haney was asked if it was a factor that the jury didn't understand a thing about how basketball works and he said sure but it's a jury, there's nothing you can do about that.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if when all 3 trials are over, he just releases stuff on his own if he doesn't get the chance to do so through the trials. Seems like he may have a bit of a vendetta against the system.

Haney is a tough one predict. It’s been somewhat evident that he’s been leaking information from a federal case which isn’t supposed to happen. My guess is he’s exaggerating the context of the tapes but it may sound bad enough that Miller could be in trouble even if he’s not directly arranging or facilitating payments on wiretap. Either way it’s more terrible press for Arizona.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haney is a tough one predict. It’s been somewhat evident that he’s been leaking information from a federal case which isn’t supposed to happen. My guess is he’s exaggerating the context of the tapes but it may sound bad enough that Miller could be in trouble even if he’s not directly arranging or facilitating payments on wiretap. Either way it’s more terrible press for Arizona.

I agree he's almost certainly the source for both Thamel's stories on Yahoo and the Schlabach story, even Arizona sites are speculating that now, even Scheer is. which is hilarious because Scheer has been saying for a year that the reason ESPN got the Ayton story wrong is they were in such a rush to get the story out to oen up Yahoo's story they trusted a bad source and a bad story and ran with it. And apparently both Yahoo and ESPN had the same source! I didn't see the exchange but apparently Scheer got Zagoria mad enough yesterday that Adam threatened to sue him for libel and Scheer deleted the tweet.

as for exaggeration, as someone else pointed out, if he's in court openly lying about the content of the tape then he could get in huge trouble. It could be as simple as we're seeing now with the Mueller stuff where people see the same thing and come to different conclusions. Haney is hearing tapes and coming to the conclusion it's proof of players being bought, and someone else hears it and comes to a different conclusion, they were just talking nothing actually happened etc. It does appear though that the tape he's talking about was about Ayton so that entire narrative that ESPN confused Bowen and Ayton is out the window if that's true.

THamel and Yahoo put out another story where they talk about veteran college coaches being furious with the ruling because it basically means "I should have cheated my entire career if they're going to let these guys get away with it." Mike Brey is quoted as saying it makes it much harder to believe the NCAA is going to get this stuff out of the game. It also says the prosecution is saying the order means they can't play the tapes, while Haney says there is actually nothing in the order against playing the tapes, it's only about testifying.

Next week could still be interesting but I still think right now it seems unlikely Wade and Miller are going to be in any trouble from this trial.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile the beat rolls on Nike err Duke just got Matthew Hurt and is apparently about to get Cassius Stanley who oddly seems to suddenly be down to all Nike schools. Was really hoping some of the stuff Avenatti shared would at least slow the Nike steering kids to Duke train for one year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Meanwhile the beat rolls on Nike err Duke just got Matthew Hurt and is apparently about to get Cassius Stanley who oddly seems to suddenly be down to all Nike schools. Was really hoping some of the stuff Avenatti shared would at least slow the Nike steering kids to Duke train for one year.

17 one and dones since Kyrie being the first in 2011 and only one F4 to show for it (granted they won the title)... You know Coach K hates this era but he’s pulling in the #1 class every year and is the new Cal.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
17 one and dones since Kyrie being the first in 2011 and only one F4 to show for it (granted they won the title)... You know Coach K hates this era but he’s pulling in the #1 class every year and is the new Cal.

That's the irony what he and Cal are doing is not winning them titles. You do wonder how Coach K rationalized reporting Shabazz because he did NOT pick Duke and then getting all these kids paid money to go to Duke and he freely takes them.

My biggest hope from the start of this whole FBI story was somehow Duke and UK would get nailed, sure doesn't seem like it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose