Your reaction if the Cardinals pick Kyler Murray?

Your reaction if the Cardinals pick Kyler Murray?

• Total voters

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would be elated if we draft Murray but If we pass on him and keep Rosen then I think it’s whats best for the club. KK might see something in Josh that he could win with him. Or maybe he thinks Kyler has the better upside. Whatever the Cards decide then I would believe it’s whats best for the organization. They wanted Mahomes and Wilson so I would trust their decision.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury = huge risk

Different type of risk and one you can clean up after a year or two. Trading away a QB who has potential for one who has more, but has more bust potential can set your franchise back a lot more is he ends up being Ryan Leaf instead of Peyton Manning.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“Not Wild about the pick but hope it works out”. If Bidwill and Kliff want to risk their entire reputations on a kid, who am I to judge? They will be seen as historic buffoons if it doesn’t work out. Bidwill will no longer be respected in the valley and Kliff will be mocked for decades as a historic idiot
A little harsh. It obviously works both ways of course.. imo

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This franchise hasn't missed on championships because we "haven't taken risks." We've taken stupid risks. We've made stupid choices. Especially in the modern era. Plus, we were 2:37 away from winning a Super Bowl just 10 years ago, and went 13-3 just four years ago. The times we ended up with these teams are not because we made some hail mary stupid risk, but because of patience, smart roster building, and a little bit of luck.

Please feel free to show me Super Bowl winners in the past 20 years who got there because of one "shut your eyes and hope it works" risk. Maybe the Patriots in 2001, starting Tom Brady over Bledsoe in that Super Bowl, but it's not like they'd traded up to grab Brady or something.

Remember when we "took a risk" and traded a second and a Pro Bowl CB for Kevin Kolb? Sure worked out.
Let's not act there isn't a certain amount of luck involved in football as well.. ie Mr 6th round himself. Tom Brady. You can argue the Patriots are never even mentioned as the organization they are today without him...but that's my opinion. I know others think BB would have still made them a winning franchise over the years.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I honestly don't care who they pick as long as he helps make this team a contender.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Rosen, but completely understand the desire to switch since the opportunity is there. I hope Rosen ends up a Charger or Giant, as I think he would be good fits for both and have time to sit and be in one offense for more than a season.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This franchise hasn't missed on championships because we "haven't taken risks." We've taken stupid risks. We've made stupid choices. Especially in the modern era. Plus, we were 2:37 away from winning a Super Bowl just 10 years ago, and went 13-3 just four years ago. The times we ended up with these teams are not because we made some hail mary stupid risk, but because of patience, smart roster building, and a little bit of luck.

Please feel free to show me Super Bowl winners in the past 20 years who got there because of one "shut your eyes and hope it works" risk. Maybe the Patriots in 2001, starting Tom Brady over Bledsoe in that Super Bowl, but it's not like they'd traded up to grab Brady or something.

Remember when we "took a risk" and traded a second and a Pro Bowl CB for Kevin Kolb? Sure worked out.
Remember when we took a risk on a QB in 2008 who supposedly couldn’t play instead going with the other QB? That worked out pretty well...and yes it got us to a SB.

Bottom line is there’s a risk in almost EVERY big decision that involves an NFL team regarding personal. You have to hope like hell you’ve done your homework & the decision makers are doing it for the right reasons, which is winning & makes your organization better!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Different type of risk and one you can clean up after a year or two. Trading away a QB who has potential for one who has more, but has more bust potential can set your franchise back a lot more is he ends up being Ryan Leaf instead of Peyton Manning.
Hmm, in our situation I couldn’t disagree more. A coach forms a team to match his needs. And after going one year and firing a coach we won’t do that again even if KK is an unmitigated disaster. A bad coaching hire for multiple years can be miles more damaging than drafting a QB. And this is (a) a college coach; and (b) a college coach who just got fired with a losing record. People may differ on Murray being the #1 pick but I have yet to see a serious respected pundit say he’s not at least a first rounder. Fired college coach with losing season verses drafting a near consensus first round QB - I know which I think is the bigger risk . . .

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is as goofy as grading a draft an hour after it's over. Nobody has taken a snap yet. Grade it in 2-3 years.

The only correct answer here for a fan is "hope it works out". Which is how I'll feel. As long as they improve on last season, I'll probably be happy. Of course virtually anything would be an improvement over last year.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Like most, I’m in the 50-50 camp. That will go up or down depending on what the Cardinals can get for Rosen. If they get a first round pick for him, which I think they should, I’ll be happier with the Murray pick. But if they end up with just a second or a third, then I think they are settling and Murray better be as advertised or this will blow up in their face. And I don’t think they’ll draft Murray and keep Rosen. That would just split the locker room. Murray isn’t coming to the Cardinals to share the spotlight. He’s coming to the Cards to be the man.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Remember when we took a risk on a QB in 2008 who supposedly couldn’t play instead going with the other QB? That worked out pretty well...and yes it got us to a SB.

Bottom line is there’s a risk in almost EVERY big decision that involves an NFL team regarding personal. You have to hope like hell you’ve done your homework & the decision makers are doing it for the right reasons, which is winning & makes your organization better!
I'm right there with you on this argument. But the reality is, the "risk" that we took was about as low as it could be. Not only had Whisenhunt not been the coach to choose Leinart, he gave him a chance, and worked Kurt in on 2 minute drills. Leinart's injury opened a door, and a one-handed Kurt played masterfully... but there was no choice.

It was a mitigated risk - Kurt was a shockingly lucky choice.

BUT - without Boldin, Larry, even Breaston, that team wouldn't have made it. And it was very barely risky.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I'm right there with you on this argument. But the reality is, the "risk" that we took was about as low as it could be. Not only had Whisenhunt not been the coach to choose Leinart, he gave him a chance, and worked Kurt in on 2 minute drills. Leinart's injury opened a door, and a one-handed Kurt played masterfully... but there was no choice.

It was a mitigated risk - Kurt was a shockingly lucky choice.

BUT - without Boldin, Larry, even Breaston, that team wouldn't have made it. And it was very barely risky.
Point is without Boldin Fitz and Breaston should be taken in consideration Of Course Murray can do everything from catching his own Passes to Jumping over and under the defense score 39 touchdowns running and 100 touchdowns passing give Me a freaking Break the only thing is guaranteed is He will be a rookie with a Rookie head coach so it will be a long hard road and next year, People on here will be yelling for the next Great QB

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If the Cardinals draft Murray and he turns out to be what they think he can, then what happens with Rosen and what we get for him has no importance whatsoever in relation to filling the QB position which is the most important one to get right. If they take Murray and he turns out to be worse than Rosen, than anything gotten for Rosen will be like putting a band aid on a bullet wound. You either draft Murray because you believe in him more than Rosen or stick with Rosen because he's the one. With all the needs on this team, you do not draft Murray unless you feel he is way better than Rosen. Kingsbury might like him for his long appreciation for him with his skill set to put his stamp on the team but Keim and Michael are going to have to like him for being an elite possible Hall of Famer to draft him for the franchise after taking Rosen

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
68% of the votes are “not wild about the pick” “don’t like it” or are “mad as ...” Be careful Michael and Kliff

For arguments sake (and I am pro-Rosen)...70% of the votes are "not wild about the pick but hopeful", "agree", and "over the moon".

Another way to look at it (taking out the 50/50 group):

32% are pro-Murray
30% are anti-Murray as the #1 pick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave