The Latest on Rosen

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way to look at last year objectively. If we are looking at David Johnson's numbers last year everyone would think he was mediocre considering he didn't even break the 1000 yard mark.

David Johnson finished 13th in the NFL in rushing last year.

He didn't do something that only 9 guys did worse in a 100 years

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
David Johnson finished 13th in the NFL in rushing last year.

He didn't do something that only 9 guys did worse in a 100 years

Went from being arguably the best RB in the league to finishing 13th. Let's not pretend like last year wasn't a poo show.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no idea what I have with Kyler Murray. I know with Rosen I have a guy who is somewhere between David Carr at his worst and Eli Manning at his best.

That just isn't the future.

Yes, of course, let's ignore all the facts related to his season and that he's just turned 22.

And, yet, interestingly - the same group who pan Rosen think he's worth a first round pick in a trade.

Bizarre!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went from being arguably the best RB in the league to finishing 13th. Let's not pretend like last year wasn't a **** show.

Again, we have went through this over and over.

Many teams have struggles. Last year several people had bad situations too. The facts are all there.

Your head has tricked you into thinking that Rosen's situation was unique compared to 100 years of football teams.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When it comes to Rosen, we have facts. They are as pointed out in the ringer acticle above

If Rosen wasn't a Cardinal, none of us would think he is good.
Good post Chris Sanders, All of the stats that you post about Josh Rosen are concerning.
I think we need a fresh start from Rosen. I am not sure who to hand the reins to but it is time to move on.

The Rosenexcuses are starting to sound a lot like Alexcuses (Smith).

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, of course, let's ignore all the facts related to his season and that he's just turned 22.

And, yet, interestingly - the same group who pan Rosen think he's worth a first round pick in a trade.

Bizarre!

Because Average QBs go late first and he is cheaper than a NFL back up.

I have said repeatedly Rosen can win with a good team because he is nothing more than an average at best QB

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Me thinks/hopes that if we do indeed go with Murray that we trade Rosen and a 6/7th rounder to the Redskins for Case Keenum and the 15th overall.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Kalyn Kahler is a very good journalist, and thus I wanted to show you a paragraph from her latest article (click here to read the entire article).

One month before the 2018 draft, everyone knew that the Cleveland Browns were going with one of two players with the first overall pick. Mike Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, Mel Kiper, Matt Miller, Charles Davis, Peter Schrager, Peter King, Todd McShay and our own Albert Breer and Robert Klemko were all in agreement: either Sam Darnold or Josh Allen would be the Browns’ pick.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
And before we hear the usual excuses, that is in a 100 years of NFL play.

The only guy on that list who has done anything is Stafford. Everyone else is trash

So stats are gospel to you and factoring in the situation and conditions those stats where accumulated in makes no difference? Okay...………..:sarcasm:

Extremely narrow viewpoint IMHO.:shrug:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Because Average QBs go late first and he is cheaper than a NFL back up.

I have said repeatedly Rosen can win with a good team because he is nothing more than an average at best QB

Does your crystal ball tell you that or just speculation on your part?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So stats are gospel to you and factoring in the situation and conditions those stats where accumulated in makes no difference? Okay...………..:sarcasm:

Yes, the situation means there is a chance he can go from one of the worst performances in 100 years to average current NFL starter.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea what I have with Kyler Murray. I know with Rosen I have a guy who is somewhere between David Carr at his worst and Eli Manning at his best.

That just isn't the future.

So you want to chance drafting a small short QB who played in a crappy defensive conference and only decided to go "all-in" on Football 2 months ago and turn the franchise over to him and discard the 1st rd Qb drafted last year like yesterdays trash? Basing your opinions on the SPECULATION that Murray can come in and be QBOF in a much tougher,better,faster,stronger,quicker,smarter level of competition that he faced before?SO basically you aren`t doing anything different than speculating,hoping,wishing,projecting that Murray will succeed where very few QBs of his size and stature have.You Murray people are hoping for the exception rather than the rule.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, the situation means there is a chance he can go from one of the worst performances in 100 years to average current NFL starter.

Nothing is written in stone.
The fact is that you don`t know how he will do.I don`t know how he will do.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you want to chance drafting a small short QB who played in a crappy defensive conference and only decided to go "all-in" on Football 2 months ago and turn the franchise over to him and discard the 1st rd Qb drafted last year like yesterdays trash? Basing your opinions on the SPECULATION that Murray can come in and be QBOF in a much tougher,better,faster,stronger,quicker,smarter level of competition that he faced before?SO basically you aren`t doing anything different than speculating,hoping,wishing,projecting that Murray will succeed where very few QBs of his size and stature have.You Murray people are hoping for the exception rather than the rule.

I am looking at key indicators that equate to NFL success long term from an accuracy stand point and Murray has all of those at elite levels.

It literally could be any QB with those indicators and I would be fine with taking them #1 because the QB position is the most important position in the NFL from a Wins Against Replacement stand point.

If Josh Rosen had any of those accuracy metrics I would be on the exact opposite of this.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris-since you are a big stat guy then let`s see a list of all the successful 5`10 QBs in the NFL?Dig that stat up for us.

Height is the reason his floor is lower than Rosen's. I have already said this.

The range of outcomes is:

Bust: Murray
Poor Starter: Rosen
Average: Rosen
Elite: Murray

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
CW-you said it "potential " franchise elevating" QB .POTENTIAL.Josh Rosen has potential and one years experience in the most brutal conditions a QB is likely to see and he survived and flashed his skills several times.You say you need to see a little more from Rosen to see if he is QBOF.That's fine...when do you want to see that? How are you going to see that if he gets traded before even working with KK and staff?
IMHO there is no doubt if Murray had been in Rosens shoes last season he would have had
similar results or worse.After all this is the NFL not the Big 12.
IMHO drafting Murray and trading Rosen when there are several top notch defensive talents available is a risk that is foolish when you already have a 1st rd QB talent on the team and just hired a HC who is supposed to be a QB guru.
Man I think you’re missing the mark on what Murray was likely to have done last year. I’m not saying he would’ve been good. I’m not even saying he would’ve been a lot better than josh. But the one thing that he inarguably has over josh is his athleticism. At a minimum that would have been a crucial differentiator behind last year’s offensive line. Again, not saying he would’ve been markedly better than josh, but just ignoring his inherent advantage over josh in an area that wouldn’t been crucial last year is just purposefully ignoring relevant data to try to win an argument.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And saying that your boy was surrounded by superior talent in every game last season save one is also rooted in fact.

Remind us what happened in that outlier game?
Mayfield seems a good barometer of how the transition from being surrounded by superior talent will translate to the NFL.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

And it seems ignoring stats and what we saw in the field last year are gospel to you. The truth is, I don’t believe we know what we have in Rosen. Last year was a terrible barometer for him. But we can’t argue that he in any way elevated the play of those around him or the team. We just can’t. They sucked. He sucked last year. Those are facts. Does it mean he will suck for his career? No. Not in the least. But we can neither ignore what happened last year nor project that it’s a certainty that it’s indicatuve of his future okay. It’s a factor though . . . ignore facts at your own peril.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen