Will Suns make a move before the trade deadline?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
you talked about "crap"?
now you're talking about "garbage"?

and saying the only reason the Lakers might consider a low-ball offer from the lowly Suns is because their 2nd year disappointment (and his father) has dictated he doesn't want to go to NO?

man, you really did buy into the Lonzo hype

stop wasting my time with your pro-Ball bullsh@t (a step lower than crap & garbage)
Lonzo hype? Really? Geez, settle down.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So a player that gets zero playing time, or who is no longer in the nba is not more disappointing than a slightly below avg starting PG.

really? Isaac, Ntilkina, and/or Collins are not in the NBA?
and yet i'm guessing their per minute stats aren't much worse than Ball's
but i don't know anything about those players, and while you might think that makes your point, it actually makes mine

i didn't know anything about those players on draft day either
while Lonzo was THE star of the draft despite Fultz going first

so, actually, now i'm going with Lonzo as THE most disappointing pick, instead of Fultz
at least Fultz can claim an injury as an excuse
Ball shoots 45% from charity on pure disinterest!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
really? Isaac, Ntilkina, and/or Collins are not in the NBA?
and yet i'm guessing their per minute stats aren't much worse than Ball's
but i don't know anything about those players, and while you might think that makes your point, it actually makes mine

i didn't know anything about those players on draft day either
while Lonzo was THE star of the draft despite Fultz going first

so, actually, now i'm going with Lonzo as THE most disappointing pick too, instead of Fultz
at least Fultz can claim an injury as an excuse
Ball shoots 45% from charity on pure disinterest!
Spoken like someone who's never seen Markell Fultz play basketball.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
you talked about "crap"?
now you're talking about "garbage"?

and saying the only reason the Lakers might consider a low-ball offer from the lowly Suns is because their 2nd year disappointment (and his father) has dictated he doesn't want to go to NO?

man, you really did buy into the Lonzo hype

stop wasting my time with your pro-Ball bullsh@t (a step lower than crap & garbage)
Saying Lonzo is the 2nd most disappointing is crap
Using low-ball and lowly to describe the Suns trading for your so called disappointing 2nd pick is garbage.
Every article on the freaking net speaks about his great D and potential how he's improved. The only negative is his dad not him. Us landing him would be huge. I for one would love to see him as one of the faces of our franchise. Minus Igor of course

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m not sure there’s an argument in not trading Jackson for Ball if that was a legit possibly. Actually I’m sure there’s not an argument for it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saying Lonzo is the 2nd most disappointing is crap
Using low-ball and lowly to describe the Suns trading for your so called disappointing 2nd pick is garbage.
Every article on the freaking net speaks about his great D and potential how he's improved. The only negative is his dad not him. Us landing him would be huge. I for one would love to see him as one of the faces of our franchise. Minus Igor of course

Maybe it all works with Igor. We need to find out.

I've waited all season to see how the Suns play with a starting point guard.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe it all works with Igor. We need to find out.

I've waited all season to see how the Suns play with a starting point guard.
I could bring my Igor bashing down to see how he coaches Ball. It would be hard but I'd sacrifice

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nick Wright is disappointed with Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball’s lack of growth in LeBron’s absence
https://www.foxsports.com/watch/first-things-first/video/1426782275997
says Lonzo is "worse than last year", "down in points, rebounds, and assists", "42% from the line", other analyst says he's not showing leadership or ability to be primary ball handler

Luke Walton Is The Latest To Realize That Lonzo Ball And Brandon Ingram Haven't Been That Good
https://deadspin.com/luke-walton-is-the-latest-to-realize-that-lonzo-ball-an-1831546664
1/7/19 - Walton called out Ball and fellow semi-formed 21-year-old Brandon Ingram over their lack of passion, after a game in which Ball went scoreless...

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Lonzo was averaging nearly 13/7/6 and 2 turnovers per game in the streak Lebron was out. He also shot 39% from 3 during that stretch and 42% from the field. Granted his FT shooting is historically awful so it kills his TS%.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Yeah not true. I have watched him and I see nothing special. However, we also don't live in the land of make believe. You get his dad too.

If Ball comes here I might have to stop watching the Suns.

For sure. I'll stick with Melton - Okaobo for this season.

Worry about next season and Don't help out LA.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I can't believe people actually want this freak show in Phoenix. I know the Suns are desperate, but we are talking about Lavar Ball here. Please, for the love of God, don't trade for that circus.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Shall I pull the articles that praise him cause it's tons...c'mon man

nope. not necessary. we've been seeing all the Lonzo hype for 2 full years

you said "every article on the freaking net talks about how he's improved" -- "every...freaking"

meanwhile he's averaging 10 and 5 in his 2nd freaking year
and that's down from last year in points, assists, rebounds, blocks, steals, and 42% from charity
and that's also down in most categories in per-36-minute stats and advanced stats

hell, Lonzo's stats probably don't look better than Melton's
and at least Melton plays harder
and so did Canaan

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I don’t understand from your post if you’re pro- or anti-ball.
Anti-Ball because we'd stop looking for a longer term solution.

With turnover being so prevalent at all levels of the organization, long-term commitments (and the skillset to warrant it) need to somehow be the Suns' goal.

Only Trump has had more "You're fired" than Sarver.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Anti-Ball because we'd stop looking for a longer term solution.

With turnover being so prevalent at all levels of the organization, long-term commitments (and the skillset to warrant it) need to somehow be the Suns' goal.

Only Trump has had more "You're fired" than Sarver.
You’re anti-ball bc you think he’d bail to go back to LA?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe people actually want this freak show in Phoenix. I know the Suns are desperate, but we are talking about Lavar Ball here. Please, for the love of God, don't trade for that circus.

I don't want the circus but I guess I was assuming or at least hoping that Lavar would continue to stay in the background.