Kansas @ ASU

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Number 1 ranked Kansas visits the Sun Devils on Saturday.

The game is scheduled to be televised on ESPN2.

It starts at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

It's a date on the calendar that has been circled by Arizona State basketball faithful since the schedule was first announced.

No. 1 ranked Kansas (10-0) is coming to Wells Fargo Arena to face the No. 18 Sun Devils (8-2) at 7 p.m. Saturday in a game that will be televised on ESPN2.

Kansas, one of nine undefeated teams left on the men's side, started the regular season at No. 2 but moved into the top spot two weeks ago after Gonzaga lost to Tennessee.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ilding-no-1-kansas-comes-play-asu/2377535002/

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The conference is struggling mightily. Every team in the Pac 12 should be rooting for ASU

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With the suns game going so long I'm behind on this game. I can't listen to Tim Healey on the radio. Muting these ESPN idiots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devils stun number 1 rank Kansas in Tempe!!

A huge victory for the program.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Arizona State 80 - Kansas 76

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great win for the Devils. They clearly are the best team this year in the Pac-12. I can't see the conference getting more than two teams to the Big Dance. UofA, UCLA, Oregon & USC have not been impressive.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Great win for the Devils. They clearly are the best team this year in the Pac-12. I can't see the conference getting more than two teams to the Big Dance. UofA, UCLA, Oregon & USC have not been impressive.

Not going down that road just yet. Thought that last year and then we got absolutely trounced by almost everyone in the PAC-12. Love this win for the boys but let's now carry this over into conference play!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Sun Devils went to their bench for 26 points. Kansas got 5 points from their bench.

Obviously the bench played a huge role in the win.

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not going down that road just yet. Thought that last year and then we got absolutely trounced by almost everyone in the PAC-12. Love this win for the boys but let's now carry this over into conference play!

Difference this year is most of last year's top teams in the Pac-12 are down this year.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I was there. I watched the Suns game on my phone at the same time.

Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was the most mentally tough performance I think I've ever seen from ASU basketball. They shot poorly. They missed a LOT of layups and point blank shots. Missed a lot of free throws. Yet, they just fought and fought and kept it under 10 until Edwards nailed the big shots they needed to get over the hump on offense. And, somehow after it looked like Lawson was just too good for them, he was a nonfactor in the last few minutes.

I think this Bobby Hurley guy might be a good coach.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that the announcers brought up Sun Devil players from yesteryear like Lionel Hollins, Joe Caldwell, Fat Lever, Alton Lister and Byton Scott among others.

The point seemed to be the Sun Devils are building a great program based upon their basketball heritage.

Even Herm Edwards got some credit.

It was nice to see.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill Walton was brutal. I loved how Dave Pasch handled him though. Lol.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ranking are out, ASU moves up 1 spot. That loss the Vanderbilt hurt, so that make sense. What doesn't is that Kansas is one spot a head of the undefeated Nevada, the team who beat ASU.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Ranking are out, ASU moves up 1 spot. That loss the Vanderbilt hurt, so that make sense. What doesn't is that Kansas is one spot a head of the undefeated Nevada, the team who beat ASU.
The rankings don’t matter. The Devils need to win the PAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill Walton was brutal. I loved how Dave Pasch handled him though. Lol.
Under the radar for sure. But I think Pasch and Walton have been more entertaining to listen to than any other duo in sports broadcasting the last few years.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Ranking are out, ASU moves up 1 spot. That loss the Vanderbilt hurt, so that make sense....
I agree, but Vendy is 7-2. Not like we lost to Texas Southern. But the SOS is now at 27 and RPI at 16, so I guess it's close.

Every team in the PAC 12 will be going after ASU now. Those who can sniff a tournament selection will want a boost in RPI now that the Devils beat a #1 team.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
No matter what Arizona or ASU do in the regular season, the NCAA will give us the the shaft on selection Sunday. They don’t even watch PAC 12 basketball. Every game is a must win. ASU should have moved up several spots after beating KU. Don’t give them a chance to seed you in the toughest bracket with nightmare matchups. As an Arizona fan, I hope you prove them wrong. Very happy that you repped the conference on the national stage by beating KU and Bill Self (proven cheater beloved by ESPN)

Reaction score
How in the world does Kentucky jump ASU with the same record? ASU beat the #1 team in the nation and only moved up 1 spot! Kentucky beat UNC (the 9th ranked team) and moves up 3 spots!!!