2018/19 Hot Stove League

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wonder why ARZ didn't get Martinez in Goldy trade, obviously STL doesn't want him.

Probably because he is a below-average defender. We already know from his obsession with plus defenders who can't hit that Hazen would rather lose games 1-0 or 2-1 than win them 5-4 or 6-5.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If they trade players like Ahmed, who still has two years of reasonable club control, that would mean they are in full rebuild and don't expect to be anyway watchable for the next two years.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they trade players like Ahmed, who still has two years of reasonable club control, that would mean they are in full rebuild and don't expect to be anyway watchable for the next two years.
Teams are calling about guys but I doubt ARZ are getting anything other than low ball offers. Other teams are playing to ARZ's desire to cut payroll and are probably trying to get what guys we have left for pennies on the dollar. If I was Hazen I would hold on to Ahmed & Peralta unless we get Top 5 prospects from teams not anything outside of their Top 10.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Teams are calling about guys but I doubt ARZ are getting anything other than low ball offers. Other teams are playing to ARZ's desire to cut payroll and are probably trying to get what guys we have left for pennies on the dollar. If I was Hazen I would hold on to Ahmed & Peralta unless we get Top 5 prospects from teams not anything outside of their Top 10.

Sadly, we didn't get any Top 10 prospects for Goldy, so I doubt we would get any for Ahmed or Peralta.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sadly, we didn't get any Top 10 prospects for Goldy, so I doubt we would get any for Ahmed or Peralta.
Different situation, both Peralta and Ahmed are under control for at least 2 more seasons on entry level contracts and younger than Goldy. Ahmed's power numbers look to be getting better to go along with his GG defense plus with a lack of SS available in FA he should draw interest.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard