Defense in 49ers game, 10/28

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the talk was about how different the offense would be today in the lead up to this game.

But, that was the old Cardinals defense today. We played man coverage almost exclusively. It seemed like we blitzed more in this one game than we did in the first seven. The d-line attacked gaps.

It was great to see.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
All the talk was about how different the offense would be today in the lead up to this game.

But, that was the old Cardinals defense today. We played man coverage almost exclusively. It seemed like we blitzed more in this one game than we did in the first seven. The d-line attacked gaps.

It was great to see.

Just wait until we add Oliver or Bosa

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Defense was much better today but it was against a backup QB. Wait, come to think of it they usually torch us.

Baker keeps making plays and Reddick is starting to show some instincts, he actually looks like someone who has played some lber.

Diche isn't playing like a stud but he's looking like an NFL starter.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Better today for sure. Hopefully this team comes together and will be ready to play for real next season. Of course this was the 49ers. Let’s see how we look against the Chiefs. That will be a real test as to how much we are improving.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe the thought of losing PP made them go back to our man coverage and not that Wilks zone crap

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better today for sure. Hopefully this team comes together and will be ready to play for real next season. Of course this was the 49ers. Let’s see how we look against the Chiefs. That will be a real test as to how much we are improving.

Of course. I just wanted to point we went with a much different game plan on defense as well. They talked about how Leftwich asked each group what they ran best and used that as the core of his gameplan. I wonder if similar conversations were made with the defense. It sure looked more old than new on defense

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Basically Wilks returned to the scheme we ran before he came here. More 3-4 concepts, more man coverage, the risky zero blitz. Leftwich with many BA wrinkles too.

If it's don't broken... At least Wilks sort of admitted being wrong and learned from it. Hope to see more of that stuff moving forward!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
How about Josh freaking Bynes just being all over the field today?
Bynes is that never give up, maximum effort guy that every team needs. Wish we had a couple more of him on the team.

He's a good Twitter follow, too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about actually playing the 4-3 as their base defense instead of that 4-2 they have been favoring since the beginning of the season. Hey what do you know, the Cardinals were actually able to stop the run better with 3 LBs!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You have to be married to the Haason Reddick bonehead plays in order to see if you can coach him out of them. I thought he made a couple nice plays yesterday to go along with his typical bad plays.

Josh Bynes is a nice roster player if he is not the best LB you have on the field.

Our defensive line showed good depth yesterday with Peters out. I like our DE rotation.

I believe we are seeing growth in our defense, but I wonder why we waited until the regular season to iron these things out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose