Booker Upset with Front Office?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
There needs to be some rules.

I’d like to propose that you need some major cred to attain player consultant status.

How about any one of these.

MVP, Finals MVP, A Ring, Multiple All Star appearances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No one had even brought up Brandon Knight until your recent post and like it or not, he is classified as a PG and has been throughout his career. Whether he's the right PG for the Suns or not this season is yet to be seen. We won't be contending for a title so using what we have on the roster already to determine the fit and what sort of players would be best around Ayton, Booker, Bridges, and Jackson is fine. There's no one better on the market the Suns can acquire right now. It seems like you'd prefer they make a move for the sake of making a move rather than being patient and waiting for a quality PG to become available.

It is fun to talk sports with other fans but what isn't fun is to see the same person repeatedly bash moves that were made simply because they don't like the person who made them. If McD makes a move you agree with, like draft Ayton, that's too little too late. If other fans are patient and realize that it takes time to build a contending team you come in and say we're expecting failure when that isn't the case, at all. No one is expecting failure this season but no one is expecting the playoffs either. Build a contender for years to come takes time. It doesn't happen overnight.

You keep harping on how long the Suns have missed the playoffs but you can't lay all of those years at McD's feet. He wasn't even here for a couple of those seasons. The direction of the team has changed, for various reasons, but someone else pointed it out elsewhere, once the Suns failed to acquire Aldridge as a free agent a couple years back they changed course and went to building through the draft. Since then, that's what has been done and we now have drafted enough promising talent that we don't need to tank any longer.

Now we have our core players locked in, we need to play and develop them while making improvements around them as we're able. We can't force anyone to give us a PG so we can compete immediately. Even if we did add a better PG, it's unrealistic to think a team this young will contend for a title. We need to give them time to develop chemistry with each other and grow as players. Once a PG is available, we go for them, but we can't control when one will be available.

I totally agree with bolded. Can't fault McD for not landing an upgrade at PG unless there was an opportunity we don't know about. The rumors were PHX was targeting a second Top 10 pick in attempt to draft Doncic or Young, both were gone by #5 so we took another stud wing instead of paying a king's ransom to get back into Top 5. Could PHX have gone after SGA, sure but we don't know if they tried and LAC made a better offer.

Maybe PHX is going to start Knight and hopes Okobo has a Tony Parker like rookie season development where he ends the season as the unquestioned starting PG.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I totally agree with bolded. Can't fault McD for not landing an upgrade at PG unless there was an opportunity we don't know about. The rumors were PHX was targeting a second Top 10 pick in attempt to draft Doncic or Young, both were gone by #5 so we took another stud wing instead of paying a king's ransom to get back into Top 5. Could PHX have gone after SGA, sure but we don't know if they tried and LAC made a better offer.

Maybe PHX is going to start Knight and hopes Okobo has a Tony Parker like rookie season development where he ends the season as the unquestioned starting PG.
Thy would be great but after a sterling first game okobo has fallen way back to earth. He’s got good stuff but is a far ways off from being a nba pg right now.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It is fun to talk sports with other fans but what isn't fun is to see the same person repeatedly bash moves that were made simply because they don't like the person who made them.
I disagree with your thinking. You've jumped to the wrong conclusion. I don't know Sarver or McDonough personally. I have no basis to like or dislike either of them. They are not my relatives or friends.

What I don't respect is their performance as Suns executives. What they have said and done, too many times, and the unprofessional ways they've done it.

As I've posted more than once -- attack problems, not people. I'd expect better than, 'Wah, you don't like them.' (to paraphrase) and wish you wouldn't use that as a debate tactic with me. Stick to the X's and O's of being a fan. :)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree with your thinking. You've jumped to the wrong conclusion. I don't know Sarver or McDonough personally. I have no basis to like or dislike either of them. They are not my relatives or friends.

What I don't respect is their performance as Suns executives. What they have said and done, too many times, and the unprofessional ways they've done it.

As I've posted more than once -- attack problems, not people. I'd expect better than, 'Wah, you don't like them.' (to paraphrase) and wish you wouldn't use that as a debate tactic with me. Stick to the X's and O's of being a fan. :):)

I did attack the problems in your post, it's you that is constantly attacking people. If it's not Sarver, McD, Coach Kokoskov, Knight, or one of the posters here because they aren't being the sort of fan you agree with. Almost every post you've made lately is trying to tell people how they need to be fans while also bashing Suns management. You try to tell people how they need to view Ayton, Booker, McD, Ariza, Knight, etc. You even closed your post with saying how I should be a fan but not before taking a shot at me and accusing me of whining. So how is that deconstructing my post?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beat me to it. I was just about to say that BC does nothing but attack people (Mainly Sarver and McD).
BC. This sure seems to be true. I am not sure if you understand how you come across sometimes. The derogatory names "banker" (as in knows absolutely nothing about owning a basketball team) and "errand boy" (as in having no mind of his own) you use about Sarver and McD are classic examples. You speak critically in broad generalizations and then often when you list specific examples (as in 8 years without being in the playoffs to criticize McD) don't really apply (he has only been here five years).

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Guys, my intention was to comment on the actions of the Front Office because (as I've mentioned, my field was management and that reflects my point of view). And, yes to be a cheerleader when I read depressing comments from other posters about Ayton after a few Summer League games.

It also reflects that I am a damn perfectionist and it shows.

But the majority rules. If I'm coming across the way you say, perception is reality.

Thanks, I needed that.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Booker’s displeasure with the Suns cutting Ulis could be understood just as much anyone would hate to see their best friend lose their job. I hope all this is behind them now.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Booker and Ulis are extremely close and video’s released of Booker helping Ulis when a scuffle broke out between Ulis and some other folks

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book clearly knows he shouldn't be getting involved in this, all but hiding his appearance.

That's a tough spot to be in... your boy seems like he got in the middle of something and then a bunch of dudes roughed him up. If he comes back to his friends and says something, I don't know many guys that don't jump up and have his back.

now, this was last year, but someone held on to this tape for a reason... to drop it right after he signed his MAX deal wasn't an accident.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't see Booker actually do anything in that video. Looks like a non event and somebody trying to get revenge

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ulis got his ass kicked. Can’t have that kind of weakness at PG.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It sucks but I mean; a bunch of young men in their 20's go out on the town wind up in a scrap, nobody seems hurt and it doesn't say anything about any arrests.

It could have been much worse, but it sounds like nothing that hasn't happened to any one of us as young men. I had a friend, couldn't take him anywhere,,, was such a drag. Put me and my friends in a couple of really bad positions to the point nobody wanted to hang with him anymore. Sweetest guy in the world sober, nothing but trouble drunk.

Booker looked pretty terrified to me the whole time, hopefully he's never in that situation again. I'm just saying all in all it's easy for us to examine everything these guys do with a microscope but when we're young we all do dumb things and if it's not that our friends are getting us into it, lol,,, glad nothing terrible happened here and he learns from it.

Ullis on the other hand looked completely wasted and out of control in that video and I'm feeling better about him being away from Booker whether he (Booker) likes it or not.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ulis is 5'9, 160 lbs. He's not gonna win most fights by himself.

I know he's small compared to other NBA players but isn't the average height of American males something like 5'9 or 5'10? He's in better shape than your average joe also since he's a professional athlete.

I remember my brother in law met Steve Nash back when he played on the Suns and he was only like 5'8 or so and he was blown away how much bigger Nash was than him. On TV he looked liked a really small guy. It's tough to compare small basketball players to average people. Sure, he's shorter than his teammates but that's because those guys are all 6'5 or taller.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I know he's small compared to other NBA players but isn't the average height of American males something like 5'9 or 5'10? He's in better shape than your average joe also since he's a professional athlete.

I remember my brother in law met Steve Nash back when he played on the Suns and he was only like 5'8 or so and he was blown away how much bigger Nash was than him. On TV he looked liked a really small guy. It's tough to compare small basketball players to average people. Sure, he's shorter than his teammates but that's because those guys are all 6'5 or taller.

KJ came to my school when I was a kid. I remember being SHOCKED at how huge he was. He was a giant! On TV he was the little guy running around all the big guys. My mind was blown lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard